Celebrities who are tossers....

Edmonton Saint

Here's my contribution

Alesha Dixon, very friendly, nice, didn't even know who she was though at first :-/

John Gregory, nice chap

Sean St. Ledger... didn't say anything, just had an air of superiority about him. Constant smirk.

David Nugent... called me a scummer, ha.. but was friendly enough

Jimmy Bullard, NUTS, as he appears to be but talks to everyone, friendly

Calum Best... lovely chap, weird hearing his accent but uses very British phrases

Bianca Gascoigne and entourage COMPLETE NOBBERS

Piers Morgan... I know many won't believe this, but seemed a bloody decent chap

Rick Parfitt Jr (does that count?), thoroughly lovely, suffered from Crohn's which made him ill a lot.

There's more... when I remember

Met bob geldof and peaches geldof on a small beach in majorca, didn't mind chatted for a brief few minutes so therefore must class him as a nice chap.

Saints related I met Harry redknapp Robert Lowe and fuller in box if you can call it that at Yeovil down, one of my few itk experiences when it was clear we was about to sign this fuller chap God help us all, still to this day I don't know how I didn't have a pop at Lowe just remember him looking very cowardly

Not met many celeb tossers. Usually always quite nice.

I was surprised James Cordon was a ****. Well, he was if you are male. Had plenty of time for the ladies.

Freddie Flintoff was alright. He was in a bit of a bad mood when I met him as he was training for his boxing match and everyone around him was scoffing Dominos pizza. Seemed to really test his willpower. Although he did agree to speak to my mate on my phone who idolises him.

Jack Whithall was nice. Really shy actually.

Jason Manford was a complete gent. Really normal bloke who was willing to chat.

Frank Turner is a legend. Has time for absolutely everyone. Ended up spending about 3 hours getting drunk with him and almost thought he might want to be my friend. But no, just being a nice man.

Met Roy Walker in an airport when I was about 8. He stopped me and gave me all his spare peseta coins and then chatted to my parents for a while. Not sure why....

Footballers wise there's the obvious nice guys - MLT, Franny, Kelvin Davis. But the nicest I ever met was David Prutton closely followed by Michael Svensson. Worst was probably Martin Cranie.

Not met many 'real' celebrities but been on the same bill as a few obscure Z listers including a troupe of harmonica playing little people. I've also worked with Selina Scott and Dickie Davies at the Birmingham Motor show.

When I was teaching aerobics, Angie Best (George's ex) tried to set up a class in competition to me. She was very *****y - thought she was god's gift. IIRC only a handful turned up for her class and she gave up after about a month.

I did meet Nick Holmes at a Rotary do many years ago - he was charming.

I've also met Rolf Harris and Savile many years ago - they were OK but I'd rather not think about them anymore (and here I am doing just that :()

My daughter kissed Owen Wilson at a premiere she was attending and she then felt sorry for Ben Stiller who was with him so kissed him too! She's had a thing about Owen Wilson for ages. Can't remember what the film was.

Was invited out for a meal with my cousin, her friend and her boyfriend who happened to be Paul Verhoeven the film director. He was very pleasant and answered my obvious questions about Sharon Stone and how he got he to flash her bits. At one point though it got a bit odd. He said that he didn't like publicity and that his brother sat in for pictures and interviews. Said to my cousin that didn't sound right and had my doubts about him. A few months later we read in the local paper that this bloke had been arrested for impersonating Paul Verhoeven! Bizarre.

Footballers wise there's the obvious nice guys - MLT, Franny, Kelvin Davis. But the nicest I ever met was David Prutton closely followed by Michael Svensson. Worst was probably Martin Cranie.

I can agree with the Martin Cranie bit, met him and Lloyd James and both were some of the biggest w@nkers i've met, full ofthemselves because they were at saints academy. On the other hand, Bale and Walcott who i met on a handful of occasions at my college when they were around 16 years old were nice lads. And to Bales credit I bumped into him a couple of years later still recognized me which was nice at the time!

Other celeb's... I spoke to Dale Winton on the phone with my job a year or so ago, really nice guy to talk to... as soon as i picked up the phone and heard his voice my initial thought was "this guy sounds like dale winton" then found out it was very clearly him a minute later. :lol:

A certain ex saints manager who I will remain nameless, was asked if he would present trophies at the tyro league end of season awards night, but he said neither he nor any of his players would do it unless he got paid. He went from hero to tosser in my book after that.

I wonder if this was the same ex-Saints manager who took part in a Q&A at a pub with three prominent and well-loved former players. At the end of the evening the ex-manager went up to the players, said he had managed to get a few quid for them and handed them £50 each.

The players were surprised and pleased as they were happy to do the Q&A for nothing and really hadn't expected any money, so the £50 was a bonus.

A couple of weeks later, one of the players returned to the pub on his own for a drink and got talking to the landlord who as a big Saints fan, was reliving the glories of the Q&A night and how much he enjoyed it.

He explained that he was happy to raise some money but what a bit concerned that the £700 he had raised might not have been enough.

Anyway, back on topic.

Among some of the biggest a-holes I have met - Linford Christie, Daley Thompson (complete arrogant bumwipe who always tried to humiliate the same journalists on whose publicity he relied for his sponsorship), Howard Wilkinson (who accused me of being a "fookin smart-arse", Vernon Kaye whose personality changes like Dr Jekyll into Mr Hyde once the cameras are off him, and likewise one of TV's Mr Nice Guy's, a celebrity chef who owns pretty much all of a Cornish seaside town.

Jeremy Clarkson is a plumsack who seems to entirely forget the humble beginnings to his journalistic career with the way I have seen him treat and dismiss reporters from the same type of paper.

Sorry to dispel any childhood notions but two of Blue Peter's most prominent male presenters (OK, possibly THE two most famous) are both short-tempered grumps at the best of times.

Pleasant surprises? A friend was ghosting a former Man Utd player's autobiography and knew that an anecdote or two from Sir Alex Ferguson would help sell the book, but had been given the run-around by United's media office for about a year. On a day when United were playing Saints down here, my mate's phone trang and a gruff voice said: "It's Sir Alex Ferguson, i gather you want to talk to me about the book."

My mate thought it was one of his friends taking the pish and told him so, but the voice insisted it was Sir Alex (and he was by now convinced) and that if he got to the de Vere hotel, he could have 30 minutes.

He did so, and Sir Alex was as good as his word. But he's like that when it comes to dealing with football folk. He knew this former player needed the book to sell, so was happy to help him out (not sure he would have dome the same for Jaap Stam) and Nigel Adkins is among the numerous managers who will tell you the first phone call they got after being fired was from Sir Alex, offering words of support and encouragement.

John McEnroe was one of the nicest people I have met. He had no reason to, but gave me 40 minutes of his time and was charming, funny and honest with every question he was asked.

But for the ideal dinner-party guest, it would have to be Shane Warne, who is completely unpretentious, down-to-earth, blokey and friendly, with a fund of good stories and anecdotes.

Apologies if you can hear the loud 'clang' of what appears to be name-dropping.

I was surprised James Cordon was a ****. Well, he was if you are male. Had plenty of time for the ladies.

Yep. Such a shame. Imagine Andy Millman from Extras, when he is trying to fight above the material he has created.

Not a tosser as such.... (Leave the vulgarities at the door....) Dame Ellen MacArthur.

Shouldn't be a surprise, but as someone who had the mental strength to survive record breaking solo sailing she is single minded, abrasive, uncompromising and very difficult to like. But by christ you respect her.

Edited by Colinjb

Not surprised about James Corden... For me, he's just the annoying fat bloke down the pub who thinks he's funny and laughs at his own jokes. Kinda guy who asks where you're going later that night and you tell him wherever you're not going on. Totally unfunny, very lucky he's got so far bring a talentless blob.

Dawn French - lovely, really funny in person, was genuinely taken back that I was a fan of Vicar of Dibley and was 18 at the time.

Serge (Kasabian) - Proper hectic bloke, good laugh, seemed like he was high as ****.

Ian Holloway - Met him at the Solent Hotel, smiled at him in reception which he replied "I'm not signing anything". Told him he was no better than a Sunday league manager. Saints then knocked them out the cup that weekend.

Had breakfast with the Newcastle backroom staff at work when Pardew was manager before their game at Stoke, some interesting stories about Cortese! Carver was very chatty and offered some advice around coaching.

Dawn French - lovely, really funny in person, was genuinely taken back that I was a fan of Vicar of Dibley and was 18 at the time.

Serge (Kasabian) - Proper hectic bloke, good laugh, seemed like he was high as ****.

Ian Holloway - Met him at the Solent Hotel, smiled at him in reception which he replied "I'm not signing anything". Told him he was no better than a Sunday league manager. Saints then knocked them out the cup that weekend.

Had breakfast with the Newcastle backroom staff at work when Pardew was manager before their game at Stoke, some interesting stories about Cortese! Carver was very chatty and offered some advice around coaching.

Don't leave us hanging! What were the stories about Cortese?

People never ask for autographs for themselves, it's always 'for my wife' or 'for my mum' or something.

When we used to be play at the Dell my daughter would wait behind for autographs whilst I fetched the car. I must put in a good word here for Gary Lineker who spent a good 30 minutes making sure everybody got his autograph. Also Arsenal under George a Graham and even Man Utd with Sir Alex were very considerate.

I wonder if this was the same ex-Saints manager who took part in a Q&A at a pub with three prominent and well-loved former players. At the end of the evening the ex-manager went up to the players, said he had managed to get a few quid for them and handed them £50 each.

The players were surprised and pleased as they were happy to do the Q&A for nothing and really hadn't expected any money, so the £50 was a bonus.

A couple of weeks later, one of the players returned to the pub on his own for a drink and got talking to the landlord who as a big Saints fan, was reliving the glories of the Q&A night and how much he enjoyed it.

He explained that he was happy to raise some money but what a bit concerned that the £700 he had raised might not have been enough.

Anyway, back on topic.

Among some of the biggest a-holes I have met - Linford Christie, Daley Thompson (complete arrogant bumwipe who always tried to humiliate the same journalists on whose publicity he relied for his sponsorship), Howard Wilkinson (who accused me of being a "fookin smart-arse", Vernon Kaye whose personality changes like Dr Jekyll into Mr Hyde once the cameras are off him, and likewise one of TV's Mr Nice Guy's, a celebrity chef who owns pretty much all of a Cornish seaside town.

Jeremy Clarkson is a plumsack who seems to entirely forget the humble beginnings to his journalistic career with the way I have seen him treat and dismiss reporters from the same type of paper.

Sorry to dispel any childhood notions but two of Blue Peter's most prominent male presenters (OK, possibly THE two most famous) are both short-tempered grumps at the best of times.

Pleasant surprises? A friend was ghosting a former Man Utd player's autobiography and knew that an anecdote or two from Sir Alex Ferguson would help sell the book, but had been given the run-around by United's media office for about a year. On a day when United were playing Saints down here, my mate's phone trang and a gruff voice said: "It's Sir Alex Ferguson, i gather you want to talk to me about the book."

My mate thought it was one of his friends taking the pish and told him so, but the voice insisted it was Sir Alex (and he was by now convinced) and that if he got to the de Vere hotel, he could have 30 minutes.

He did so, and Sir Alex was as good as his word. But he's like that when it comes to dealing with football folk. He knew this former player needed the book to sell, so was happy to help him out (not sure he would have dome the same for Jaap Stam) and Nigel Adkins is among the numerous managers who will tell you the first phone call they got after being fired was from Sir Alex, offering words of support and encouragement.

John McEnroe was one of the nicest people I have met. He had no reason to, but gave me 40 minutes of his time and was charming, funny and honest with every question he was asked.

But for the ideal dinner-party guest, it would have to be Shane Warne, who is completely unpretentious, down-to-earth, blokey and friendly, with a fund of good stories and anecdotes.

Apologies if you can hear the loud 'clang' of what appears to be name-dropping.

i don't think it was name dropping but good to hear the experiences

An ex gf's of mine's Dad used to be one of the principal singers in the Black & White Minstrels. Sir Leonard Henry got his first big break with them (strange as it sounds now) and got on well with all of them and was well liked. Many years later he dissed the show and sh@t on all his old mates once the show became un PC and un cool.

The son of the landlord of my local works as a cameraman. He hasn't got a good word to say about Clarkson and says people try to avoid working with him.

Edited by sadoldgit

• 2 weeks later...

My cousin shouted Ulreka Ka Ka Ka to Bob Mortimer and got told to f*ck off.

Personally, I was a session keyboard player in the 90's and played in some 70's tours and met many fading pop stars, have got to honestly say that most of them were still living in the past and were generally up themselves and obnoxious.

This thread is surely a bait thread for Dubai Phil?

I've met Dubai Phil on numerous occassions - bloody nice chap (when he isn't talking about Golf!!)

The only other celeb I've met for more than a fleeting moment was MLT - and can honestly say you'll never meet a nicer guy.

He was out here in Dubai doing a Dinner/Speech thing at The Dubai Golf Club when they were showing an Eng v GER friendly pre WC 06(?).

He came over to our little group Dubai Saints and signed everything asked of him, posed for pics, and sat and chatted with us for ages and even spoke to one of our groups wifey on the phone back in UK, to tell her that her hubby really was sat next to him!! Also he came over and gave us a heads up before he went to the desert buffet to give us a chance to get something before he'd scoff the lot :lol: What a gent!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I met Sting at his mansion in Wiltshire whilst doing some work there, had a coffee and a chat with him, nice bloke.

He's an absolute gentleman who doesn't deserve all the **** he gets.

I met my Mrs at a Sting gig in 2010. We were going to see him at The Sage theatre in April this year and I proposed to my mrs earlier in the day. He heard how we'd met at one of his gigs and how we'd got engaged that day. He sent a card and invited us backstage for drinks after the gig.

Sting - See above.

Bono - Less of an arsehole than I was expecting him to be. I was looking at CD's in a charity shop in Glasthule, near where he lives in Dublin when he suddenly appeared in the shop. Chatted & posed for pictures with the staff in the shop. Left to catch the bus into Dublin!

Noel Gallagher - Still owes me a fiver after betting me that Man City would win the league in the '94/'95 season...

Liam Gallagher - Didn't say much at all. Noel was for more outgoing.

Ian Brown - Stoned.

Mark Wright - Sold him a B&O system. He talked openly about his time at Saints and his falling out with Lawrie Mac.

Chris Martin - Tried too hard to be a celebrity. Will Champion (The Drummer & Saints fan) was much more down to earth.

Sharon Corr - Stunning to look at but was pretty *****y and came across as being a bit of an air head.

Guy Garvey & The rest of Elbow - Top lads. Talked for ages about music.

Tim Burgess - Chatted for ages about his love of vinyl and his hifi system.

Carol Smilie - Chatted in a queue at Heathrow. All good until she was collecting her bag after it had been scanned at security. My drunk mate suddenly realised who it was and said in a loud voice, '**** me, look at the arse on that'. She wasn't so interested in talking after that.

Roland & Kurt from Tears For Fears - Had a couple of drinks with them in the Malmaison in Manchester.

Jeremy Clarkson - Absolute ****! May wasn't much better, moody bastard.

I met my Mrs at a Sting gig in 2010. We were going to see him at The Sage theatre in April this year and I proposed to my mrs earlier in the day. He heard how we'd met at one of his gigs and how we'd got engaged that day. He sent a card and invited us backstage for drinks after the gig.

How did he manage to send you a card on the same day?

Stewart Copeland doesn't agree. Wrote Sting Is A C*nt on his bass drum apparently!

Edited by sadoldgit
sp

• 5 weeks later...
Not surprised about James Corden... For me, he's just the annoying fat bloke down the pub who thinks he's funny and laughs at his own jokes. Kinda guy who asks where you're going later that night and you tell him wherever you're not going on. Totally unfunny, very lucky he's got so far bring a talentless blob.

Two BAFTAs, a best actor Tony and now the host of a prestigious late night US TV show. I'd love to hear what your talents have earned you?

Let's just have a quick look at who he had to beat to win the Tony for Best Actor In A Play in 2012...

James Earl Jones - The Best Man

Philip Seymour Hoffman - Death of a Salesman

Frank Langella - Man and Boy

John Lithgow - The Columnist

And then look at the esteemed company he is in of recent winners of this prestigious award:

2006 - Richard Griffiths

2007 - Frank Langella

2008 - Mark Rylance

2009 - Geoffrey Rush

2010 - Denzel Washington

2011 - Mark Rylance

2012 - James Corden

2013 - Tracy Letts

2014 - Bryan Cranston

Can we just put to bed this argument (brought up twice now) that the award he has been given is of no value.

Let's just have a quick look at who he had to beat to win the Tony for Best Actor In A Play in 2012...

James Earl Jones - The Best Man

Philip Seymour Hoffman - Death of a Salesman

Frank Langella - Man and Boy

John Lithgow - The Columnist

And then look at the esteemed company he is in of recent winners of this prestigious award:

2006 - Richard Griffiths

2007 - Frank Langella

2008 - Mark Rylance

2009 - Geoffrey Rush

2010 - Denzel Washington

2011 - Mark Rylance

2012 - James Corden

2013 - Tracy Letts

2014 - Bryan Cranston

Can we just put to bed this argument (brought up twice now) that the award he has been given is of no value.

Give it a rest, James. Go to bed and dream about how you're not a fat t**ser that people can't stand watching.

Donald Trump is a multi billionaire and standing for President of the most powerful nation on Earth. Doesn't mean much, he's still a complete f**ktard.

Now he is a helmet of the biggest variety - how he's even anywhere near the frontline of US politics and potentially running for Presidency is scary. I know, money money money, but still. Mind you, the alternatives aren't that great either ...

Donald Trump is a multi billionaire and standing for President of the most powerful nation on Earth. Doesn't mean much, he's still a complete f**ktard.

Interesting choice of hairstyle too. I hope that he gets elected, if only to prove to Sarnia and St George once and for all that there is something wrong in America.