Celebrities who are tossers....

Edmonton Saint

Donald Trump is a multi billionaire and standing for President of the most powerful nation on Earth. Doesn't mean much, he's still a complete f**ktard.

Donald Trump is a complete f**ktard. Doesn't mean much, he's still a multi billionaire and standing for President of the most powerful nation on Earth.

Donald Trump is a complete f**ktard. Doesn't mean much, he's still a multi billionaire and standing for President of the most powerful nation on Earth.

This isn't the 'Celebrities who've had the least success thread.'

James Corden is highly successful, no doubting that. So are Trump, Justin Beiber, 1 Direction, Bin Laden, Katie Price and Dani Osvaldo. Doesn't mean they are complete tosspots.

This isn't the 'Celebrities who've had the least success thread.'

James Corden is highly successful, no doubting that. So are Trump, Justin Beiber, 1 Direction, Bin Laden, Katie Price and Dani Osvaldo. Doesn't mean they are complete tosspots.

I was just tickled by your use of the phrase "doesn't mean much" in your post, like his life accomplishments didn't matter and all he should care about is your approval.

I was just tickled by your use of the phrase "doesn't mean much" in your post, like his life accomplishments didn't matter and all he should care about is your approval.

Surely that's dependant on what you value or feel is important in life? I personally don't think Donald trump's achievements mean much because he clearly values the wrong things. Oh and James Corden is a c*ck.

• 1 month later...
James Corden, who has no talent, attempts to kick a field goal at an Oakland Raiders game.

Well, he can do the worm, which was basically the only talent he showed there. Oh, and getting me to watch 4 minutes of that.

I bet he was knackered after that run up.

That makes me reassess your judgement. Derek was awful.

Hell no. Managed to be sensitive and completely crass at the same time, and be funny in episodes where characters died, whilst provoking a bit of thought around the subject matter. Well observed and amusing, and mainly avoided cliches, though obviously there were a couple of characters which were fairly crap facsimiles of humans thrown in there for slapstick and as a counter to the meaningful stuff. Also it had a video of a baby monkey riding backwards on a pig.

Meanwhile, Mrs Brown's boys was just a load of awful 80s style completely forced bloody obvious sitcom jokes and a man pretending to be a woman.

Aanyway, I've been trying to think of celebs I've met, and the list is short as I tend to avoid those kind of situations.

Dai Davies: Former Wales and Wrexham goalkeeper, signed my certificate for penalty taking at some point in the mid 80s, friendly.

Lenny Henry: shook his hand and got an autograph at a table set up at the stage door of his comedy gig in 1989, am I allowed to say he was darker than he looked on tv or stage? Big hands.

Franny Benali: I'm sure he was lovely, but I was a quiet and naive student at the time circa 1992, and I went bright red and hid behind a coat rack in BHS rather than have him see me. :blush:

Nigel Kennedy: Bumped into him at Saints v Villa at the Dell in the early 90s, no idea why I asked him to sign my programme but he did and he was very polite.

John Relish: Newport County record appearance-holding left back who no-one else on here will have heard of: coached me a few times, possibly the nicest man alive, very friendly and positive whilst handing out advice like "stand in the loops of their laces at corners and see how high they jump then". :D

Steve Aizlewood: Incredibly grumpy and fat former Newport player, absolutely miserable sod, passed the course despite cheating like hell in all the tests.

Darren Campbell: Then-Olympic baton-dropper (and future gold medallist relay sprinter) was a team-mate for one "mate's work" kickabout football match in 1995, lovely bloke, but then I did score 5 goals.

Chesney Hawkes: Smaller than you'd think, patient, friendly, really nice bloke, multiple selfies on at least one occasion at an acoustic gig he did in Portswood.

Gary Lineker: walked past him at Portman Road just after he finished his BBC intro piece last January before the FA Cup replay, he took the p155 out of my ridiculous furry hat and the wife's terrible selfie attempts, genuinely funny and polite.

James Beattie: Very friendly at Saints hospitality last season, happy to pose for pics, especially with my wife :o but then he was "on duty".

Glenn C#ckerill: Apparently propositioned the wife when I went to the loo, still made him pose for a selfie. Less impressed.

There may be more, but these are my claims to lame.

Edited by The9

Hell no. Managed to be sensitive and completely crass at the same time, and be funny in episodes where characters died, whilst provoking a bit of thought around the subject matter. Well observed and amusing, and mainly avoided cliches, though obviously there were a couple of characters which were fairly crap facsimiles of humans thrown in there for slapstick and as a counter to the meaningful stuff. Also it had a video of a baby monkey riding backwards on a pig.

Meanwhile, Mrs Brown's boys was just a load of awful 80s style completely forced bloody obvious sitcom jokes and a man pretending to be a woman.

I couldn't disagree more with virtually all of that and I find it hard that someone can hold that view and also love true works of brilliance like the office and extras to a lesser extent. But don't take my word for it, have a flick through this 300 page thread from real fanatics of Gervais and his works. Note that reviews are fairly positive for the pilot and then slowly descend into deep disappointment and then simply ridicule.

http://www.pilkipedia.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11701&sid=b319b0bdddfb87d5f4d013198b7231f3

Aanyway, I've been trying to think of celebs I've met, and the list is short as I tend to avoid those kind of situations.

Dai Davies: Former Wales and Wrexham goalkeeper, signed my certificate for penalty taking at some point in the mid 80s, friendly.

Lenny Henry: shook his hand and got an autograph at a table set up at the stage door of his comedy gig in 1989, am I allowed to say he was darker than he looked on tv or stage? Big hands.

Franny Benali: I'm sure he was lovely, but I was a quiet and naive student at the time circa 1992, and I went bright red and hid behind a coat rack in BHS rather than have him see me. :blush:

Nigel Kennedy: Bumped into him at Saints v Villa at the Dell in the early 90s, no idea why I asked him to sign my programme but he did and he was very polite.

John Relish: Newport County record appearance-holding left back who no-one else on here will have heard of: coached me a few times, possibly the nicest man alive, very friendly and positive whilst handing out advice like "stand in the loops of their laces at corners and see how high they jump then". :D

Steve Aizlewood: Incredibly grumpy and fat former Newport player, absolutely miserable sod, passed the course despite cheating like hell in all the tests.

Darren Campbell: Then-Olympic baton-dropper (and future gold medallist relay sprinter) was a team-mate for one "mate's work" kickabout football match in 1995, lovely bloke, but then I did score 5 goals.

Chesney Hawkes: Smaller than you'd think, patient, friendly, really nice bloke, multiple selfies on at least one occasion at an acoustic gig he did in Portswood.

Gary Lineker: walked past him at Portman Road just after he finished his BBC intro piece last January before the FA Cup replay, he took the p155 out of my ridiculous furry hat and the wife's terrible selfie attempts, genuinely funny and polite.

James Beattie: Very friendly at Saints hospitality last season, happy to pose for pics, especially with my wife :o but then he was "on duty".

Glenn C#ckerill: Apparently propositioned the wife when I went to the loo, still made him pose for a selfie. Less impressed.

There may be more, but these are my claims to lame.

Does this make him an excellent judge of talent or extremely short-sighted? ;)

Does this make him an excellent judge of talent or extremely short-sighted? ;)

The former, obviously (although she's lost weight since then anyway), but also a bit over-impressed with himself given that she nearly peed her pants about Beattie but didn't actually know who C#ckerill was (she was no more than 7 when he stopped playing for Saints). I refrained from mentioning "Captaaaaain... Craaaaappppp" as well, to my credit. :)

I couldn't disagree more with virtually all of that and I find it hard that someone can hold that view and also love true works of brilliance like the office and extras to a lesser extent. But don't take my word for it, have a flick through this 300 page thread from real fanatics of Gervais and his works. Note that reviews are fairly positive for the pilot and then slowly descend into deep disappointment and then simply ridicule.

http://www.pilkipedia.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11701&sid=b319b0bdddfb87d5f4d013198b7231f3

I hate to tell you this but I don't really care what other people think about something I like.

Though if you could guarantee a bunch of people would spend a load of time slating something they're supposed to like, it would be uber-fans, they do it all the time. See this forum (and pretty much any other fan site) for examples.

Surely that's dependant on what you value or feel is important in life? I personally don't think Donald trump's achievements mean much because he clearly values the wrong things. Oh and James Corden is a c*ck.

I heard that had he have invested what he got passed down from his dad in stock market he would be richer than he is now. Not the entrepreneurial genius many think.

May have been bs of course

• 1 month later...