Saints Greatest XI - Nominations For Best left Side Striker

St Landrew

The last position proper in the A-Team beckons. Your nominations please. No legends, just quality. Voting begins after the nominations end on Sunday night.

The line ups so far appear in the previous thread:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=167042#post167042

I must say I find this slightly confusing. Are you asking for the final postion to be filled by someone who was good for the club, but not so good as to make legend status? That's pretty tricky. Most players who were excellent became legends and some who deserved to be classed as legends never made it because they maybe lacked charisma or something. I'm not criticising, but I would be interested to know if all the other postions had this criteria placed on it.....no legends.....or if this is an attempt to manipulate the end result.

FWIW - James Beattie

Only one bloke left for this team - Ron Davies. But he's been nominated enough. He needs a stalking horse [that's what they call them, isn't it..?] Big Chiv is already there, so we'll make it Steve Moran.

Remember. one nomination only, and if you mention more, then it'll be the first one, or the one you want really selected for the final vote.

Only one bloke left for this team - Ron Davies. But he's been nominated enough. He needs a stalking horse [that's what they call them, isn't it..?] Big Chiv is already there, so we'll make it Steve Moran.

Remember. one nomination only, and if you mention more, then it'll be the first one, or the one you want really selected for the final vote.

You want a 'stalking horse'? There is only one that fits that billing, George O'Brien. A top, top forward.