Coaching

Redondo Saint

Give it 3 or 4 years, I think Rasiak could be a good bet.

In the mean time I've always thought MLT CDAJFU coaching finishing and set pieces. We should also get Pahars in to explain how you score 1-on-1s

They may not make good coaches. How can MLT coach someone when he relied upon natural talent? He would just get frustrated that not everyone can do what he found easy.

Many players have said this about Hoddle as a manager. He is probably technically better than most players he has managed.

They may not make good coaches. How can MLT coach someone when he relied upon natural talent? He would just get frustrated that not everyone can do what he found easy.

Many players have said this about Hoddle as a manager. He is probably technically better than most players he has managed.

It's a fair point, but I'd rather have someone with natural tallent that someone who was just plain crap. I am sure there is a lot players like Rasiak, Pahars and MLT could teach our younger players about possitioning, when to shoot, how hard to shoot, where to strike the ball, when to run, where to aim, etc.

I am thinking more along the lines of goal poacher/striker, rather than MLT.

Sheringham, Shearer, Aldridge, Rush - these types of players. Others?

I think Marc Viduka is one of the very best the Premiership has ever seen. Other than that, Andy Cole.

Doubt any of them would come here i the near future though.

• 8 years later...

Old thread, but I wanted to ask training and coaching.

How do our trainers and coaches work with the players? I know some clubs have specific striker coaches (like Dennis Bergkamp at Ajax) like they (and we) have goalkeeping coaches. Is that Eric Black for us? Do we have a trainer specifically working with our forwards on finishing, positioning etc? Or do the whole staff train the whole team as a whole? Just curious, because I've never attended a training session and I don't hear much about it either.

Old thread, but I wanted to ask training and coaching.

How do our trainers and coaches work with the players? I know some clubs have specific striker coaches (like Dennis Bergkamp at Ajax) like they (and we) have goalkeeping coaches. Is that Eric Black for us? Do we have a trainer specifically working with our forwards on finishing, positioning etc? Or do the whole staff train the whole team as a whole? Just curious, because I've never attended a training session and I don't hear much about it either.

based on the performances this season , think the coaching at the club is done by the coach of the Dog and Duck Sunday league team

Much of the 'coaching' in British football is very poor...

Ewe have seen that with our own recent managers and coaches... Poch stood out as a very observant coach.

We still have Goalkeepers who don't come for easy crosses and one footed so called 'Proffessional' footballers in the first team.

We do not coach closing down the player on the ball properly and that is just the basics so God knows what the coaching is like on more technical aspects of the game!

So called coaching in football seems to consist of whether it's a 4321 or 442 and that's about it...

We need employ coaches from more technical sports to coach football. There are far too many people in proffessional football with poor coaching skills...