Barcelona

Thedelldays

I actually think Barca have laboured the last few games, but are still winning at a stroll. Messi is just ridiculous though. And Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o and henry aren't too shabby either. Puyol at the back holds it all together and I can't believe United let Pique go. They are a joy to watch and would recommend anycody to go there for the weekend and watch them.

Don't know if they would beat United, but I hope it is the final.

When Messi has a world cup winners medal round his neck no one will be talking about Ronaldo imo.

Will the same apply for Ronaldo if he wins one before Messi? In my opinion Portugal are probably a better side than Argentina.

Ronaldo and Messi are both amazing players but have slightly different purposes. Messi is an absolute magician who brings others into the play. He is also capable of skinning a skeleton given the space. I think Ronaldo has more of an end product and will always score more goals than Messi but a side with Messi in will probably score more goals than a team with Ronaldo. Ronaldo is far superior in the air and is arguably more of a team player as he will run more than Messi in 90 minutes.

Not really worth comparing. They are both amazing players that have slightly different purposes in their respective teams.

Because of the weaker defences in La Liga, Messi would have to come to the Premiership to be definatively better then Ronaldo IMO.

Nonsense. Clearly Ronaldo is very good. But he's just a quick Beckham with a couple of (the same old) tricks.

Messi, on the other hand, is a once in a generation type of player. Quick thinking, instinctive and with the ability to back that instinctiveness up. He is insanely good.

Nonsense. Clearly Ronaldo is very good. But he's just a quick Beckham with a couple of (the same old) tricks.

Messi, on the other hand, is a once in a generation type of player. Quick thinking, instinctive and with the ability to back that instinctiveness up. He is insanely good.

I agree. I have never watched Ronaldo and thought wow.

Will the same apply for Ronaldo if he wins one before Messi? In my opinion Portugal are probably a better side than Argentina.

If either of them win the world cup for their country then yeah, it won't happen though Argentina are much better than Portugal.

He's scored something like 20 goals in 23 games this season, he's been brilliant. I just hope United get Barca in the Champions League final, would be quite some final.

If either of them win the world cup for their country then yeah, it won't happen though Argentina are much better than Portugal.

He's scored something like 20 goals in 23 games this season, he's been brilliant. I just hope United get Barca in the Champions League final, would be quite some final.

agree

last season, ronaldo scored 40+ goals or something..some penalties and quality free kicks...to score that amount in the prem regardless of who you play for is simply world class...last season (IMO) he deserved the world player of the year etc...

but I think Messi (after watching recent barca games) will go on to be (and probably alreay is) better...

Man U and Barcelona are probably to the two best teams on the planet..it is there for all to see...and both play football the right way...

would be "the final" the sponsors will dreaming of for the CL imo

I didnt say Ronaldo was the best player in the world. I also didnt say he was better than Messi. I said both were awesome players but I dont understand how someone can be over-rated when they score over 40 goals playing against some of the best and toughest defences in Europe. As for him not being a midfielder, he doesnt occupy a central role and isnt a striker. At best he's an advanced winger/attacker. Even still, I dont know many out and out forwards banging in 40 goals a season anyway.

I didnt even say Messi hasnt been brilliant. Quite the opposite.

As for me "fancying" him, of course I dont. I just think its quite funny people saying he's "over-rated" on the basis of his form in the past couple of seasons, he's anything but. As is Messi.

I didnt say Ronaldo was the best player in the world. I also didnt say he was better than Messi. I said both were awesome players but I dont understand how someone can be over-rated when they score over 40 goals playing against some of the best and toughest defences in Europe. As for him not being a midfielder, he doesnt occupy a central role and isnt a striker. At best he's an advanced winger/attacker. Even still, I dont know many out and out forwards banging in 40 goals a season anyway.

As for me "fancying" him, of course I dont. I just think its quite funny people saying he's "over-rated" on the basis of his form in the past couple of seasons, he's anything but. As is Messi.

I agree ronaldo is not over rated and is on merit one of the best 3-5 players in the world and last season deserved his acclaim...I have no doubt what so ever, messi will hold that honour very soon..he is too good not to..

two supreme players IMO....and glad we have one at least in the premier league..

Yes you do.