What is wrong with America

Red Alert

You are a strange man indeed. Do you have a log book of all your grudges?

Sounds like you have the grudge.

How can you believe that the American police force is institutionally racist to the point of murder, but that similar institutions in Western society could not have a problem with race as well? Makes you a bit strange if you ask me.

PS you wouldnt last a month in what I do.

Saw one of your films the other day and I have to say, I was impressed with your stamina. The way that guy was going at it but you kept a stiff upper lip and dealt with it stoically and, for the most part, with some dignity.

Saw one of your films the other day and I have to say, I was impressed with your stamina. The way that guy was going at it but you kept a stiff upper lip and dealt with it stoically and, for the most part, with some dignity.

It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

It's very similar to trying to debate some people on here actually.

It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

It's very similar to trying to debate some people on here actually.

You can’t debate. You just want to identify as the liberal good guy everyone. Never any solutions or meaningful input.

Sounds like you have the grudge.

How can you believe that the American police force is institutionally racist to the point of murder, but that similar institutions in Western society could not have a problem with race as well? Makes you a bit strange if you ask me.

Wtf has US police got to do with anything?

There is racial bias in organisations as there is in people. PwC PR high ground is the solution is it?

It’s like saying the whole Labour Party are racist anti-Semite’s

Wouldn’t you agree?

I don't know what that means, most of your posts are pretty incomprehensible to be honest apart from the post match manager comments summaries. They are quite good. You're not quite the pap of the right but something in that area.

Edited by Jonnyboy

I don't know what that means, most of your posts are pretty incomprehensible to be honest apart from the post match manager comments summaries. They are quite good. You not quite the pap of the right but something in that area.

Just using broad brush generalisation. Bit like your comment suggesting/quoting that the US police force being racist.

But you knew that

• 3 weeks later...

So much for the idea that arming people inside venues will make things safer ;

An armed security guard at a bar in suburban Chicago was killed by police as he detained a suspected gunman, according to officials and witnesses.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46187460

"Everybody was screaming out 'security, he was a security guard', and they still did their job and saw a black man with a gun and basically killed him".

So much for the idea that arming people inside venues will make things safer ;

An armed security guard at a bar in suburban Chicago was killed by police as he detained a suspected gunman, according to officials and witnesses.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46187460

"Everybody was screaming out 'security, he was a security guard', and they still did their job and saw a black man with a gun and basically killed him".

Wouldn't have happened if the crowd all had guns.

• 2 weeks later...
Another African-American legally carrying a gun is killed by Police, this time in Alabama, whilst trying to defend people from a gunman. Perhaps there is a 'training issue' with the Police perception of armed non-white citizens.

Very sad.

Wait for the usual oddballs to get triggered by black lives matter and the alleged scourge of identity politics coz race is irrelevant.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

El Paso seems to be the result of a terrorist who was radicalised by being exposed to extremist speeches.

The specific hate preacher's rhetoric was quoted during the attack.

And we are supposed to trust the same man with a trade deal because he is our friend?

We're better than that.

El Paso seems to be the result of a terrorist who was radicalised by being exposed to extremist speeches.

And we are supposed to trust the same man with a trade deal because he is our friend?

We're better than that.

Trump is quick to condemn Kahn for the knife crime in London (ignoring the same problem in the rest of the UK) but doesn't address the problem he has with heavily armed White Supremacists in his own country.

We're better than that.

Mass shootings in the USA pre date the president by a long way and will continue way after he has gone

But you know that.

Do you not agree that Trump's rhetoric and posturing make things worse ?

Surely the issue here is America’s gun laws, not what Trump has said or not said.

Notice how its okay to blame one man because of the things he’s said as “inspiring” these shootings. Don’t anybody dare blame the Quran for inspiring Islamic terrorism though.

We're better than that.

Dayton seems to be the result of a terrorist who was radicalised by the far left.

Idiots are idiots, evil is evil.

Stop using tragedies to score political points.

Dayton seems to be the result of a terrorist who was radicalised by the far left.

Idiots are idiots, evil is evil.

Stop using tragedies to score political points.

Have the authorities called the Dayton shooting a domestic terrorism case?

Do you not agree that Trump's rhetoric and posturing make things worse ?
I blame the insane mentality of American gun laws.

This happened under the great Obama and will happen long after Trump has left office..

Unless the USA dramatically change their attitudes to guns. Starting with automatic assault rifles would be a start!

This happened under the great Obama and will happen long after Trump has left office..

Unless the USA dramatically change their attitudes to guns. Starting with automatic assault rifles would be a start!

This. Plus Trump's rhetoric making it worse.

Gun laws have weakened under Trump.

Gun laws have weakened under Trump.
It was not hard to get an automatic assault rifile before trump.

Why people need these weapons, I have no idea.

Its like casually owning an SA80 and an MP5 in Bitterne, that you picked up from ASDA, Just incase you need to overthrow the government or murder 20 people or something.

Edited by Batman

Its like casually owning an SA80 and an MP5 in Bitterne, that you picked up from ASDA, Just incase you need to overthrow the government or murder 20 people or something.

Agree. My old man is from the US and its a jarring experience to walk into a walmart or costco and see guns on sale, just a few aisles away from video games and sports equipment. Both parties have presided over this mess - and that's why any weakening of existing laws -like overturning regulation that prevented certain individuals with mental health conditions from buying firearms- is just plain nuts.

Edited by shurlock

Unfortunately that is not true. More people have been killed in the years since Trump became president than any year previously. It's also a fact that it is easier now to buy guns than it was under Obama. One of Trump's first (if not his actual first) executive order was to remove mental health related background checks Obama brought in. Ironically one of the major talking points re reasons for this BS from the Republicans is mental health (they refuse to mention white supremacy).

Trump was funded by the NRA to the tune of $30m during the '16 elections.

The democratic controlled Congress have passed 2 laws making it harder for domestic abusers and those with mental health issues to buy guns. Mitch McConnell (Republican leader of the Senate) has refused to put these laws to a vote.

Those saying we shouldn't politicise these events are (and I choose my words carefully here) ****ing idiots. How else are these shootings going to stop if it isn't through politics, "thoughts and prayers" maybe? Quite simply one party wants to make it harder to own guns than the other. That other party receive huge financial support from gun manufacturers and their lobbying group the NRA. IMO only a total moron would fail to see the link between gun ownership/ accessibility and mass shootings. The system is beyond corrupt and people are dying regularly.

The fact Trump spent the entire weekend literally playing golf whilst this was happening is totally bonkers but not unexpected for a guy who clearly has narcissistic personality disorder and a total inability to express even the smallest level of empathy for any situation.