Ralph Hasenhuttl

SuperSAINT

Adam Blackmore has just said he will bring in his own staff shortly {only one though}

In the good old days of the Southampton Way (whatever that was), they always liked a v small staff to come, as when they left, it wouldn't be too disruptive. Maybe we are going back to that.

Interesting.

@AdamBlackmore: A titbit or two on #saintsfc boss Ralph Hasenhuttl

Was described to me as a football obsessive who works 8am-8pm

He watched Cardiff & 3 other games in England last weekend

When Saints first asked about him they were told by 4 different people they wouldn’t get him

Very good news indeed. I have not been as happy as this about a managerial appointment at our club since 2014 when we got Koeman. Of course the new manager still has to contend with the poor quality of some of the players recruited over the last few years and it will take at least a couple of transfer windows to sort that out but our club appears to be back on track, making common sense decisions again.

Just what has KD done to upset some of the idiots on here?

Idiots indeed. He's probably just seen as a bit of a unfashionable character. I love that we still have a couple of links back to the promotion side personally. I'd also like to see Lambert in as set-piece coach too, and reckon he'd just be a good bloke to have around the club again. Super Kelv though certainly doesn't deserve the abuse he has been getting on here.

"RALPH'S ENTHUSIASM FOR FOOTBALL WAS CONTAGIOUS. IN OUR DISCUSSIONS, HE VERY QUICKLY ALIGNED HIMSELF WITH THE VALUES AND THE VISION OF THE CLUB."

RALPH KRUEGER

Wow, he must be a clever chap. Being around Saints for somewhat longer than him, I have absolutely no idea what the (current) vision of the club is.

"RALPH'S ENTHUSIASM FOR FOOTBALL WAS CONTAGIOUS. IN OUR DISCUSSIONS, HE VERY QUICKLY ALIGNED HIMSELF WITH THE VALUES AND THE VISION OF THE CLUB."

RALPH KRUEGER

Wow, he must be a clever chap. Being around Saints for somewhat longer than him, I have absolutely no idea what the (current) vision of the club is.

I think Krueger was just talking about himself in the third person :)

I guess how many do you need?

Assistant ??

Coach Kelvin Davis

Gk Coach Dave Watson

Sports Science Alex Gross

Davis and Watson aren't linked to the manager, hence why they weren't sacked with Hughes, so expect one to come in to assist RH

Plenty to put the cones out but looks like a need for a Fitness Coach in there as well.

Dave Merrington's worst nightmare....!

Yes, you OVER pronounce the U.

Hass-n-hooo-tle. (the 'ooo' is sounded whilst making your mouth shape like a 'you' sound - hard to describe in text)

Happy to be corrected by someone fluent in German though ;)

My Austrian aunt taught me to pronounce umlaut O more like 'err'

But that was years ago.

Exciting appointment. He doesn't have a lot to work with, but at least he has a track record of a high intensity style of play.

I wonder if anyone is willing to give credit to Krueger for this? Perhaps not having a 'football person' overseeing things didn't really matter, and perhaps Krueger is more decisive than meets the eye (or the ear, based on his interviews...)

Yeah, it feels right. Good fit from what I've read.

Give the club the plaudits on this one, they've seemingly pulled this from nowhere.

It feels like we've gone back to having a coach with a clear identity/style of play, rather than just ''I like to pass the ball''.

Exciting appointment. He doesn't have a lot to work with, but at least he has a track record of a high intensity style of play.

I wonder if anyone is willing to give credit to Krueger for this? Perhaps not having a 'football person' overseeing things didn't really matter, and perhaps Krueger is more decisive than meets the eye (or the ear, based on his interviews...)

I prefer to think of it as Les's parting legacy as the club have been tracking him since 2014 (allegedly) so Les clearly did most of the ground work and know Ralph K. will reap the benefits (hopefully) one things for sure Nic Nak would never have pulled this off.....

.....should be good for a few bites.

It may be just me, but why does everyone have a downer on Kelvin?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not every one has a downer on Kelvin, he is a great club man and good to have around. Some 'fans' just like to have hate figures, wish they would go down the road and join that lot

I wonder if anyone is willing to give credit to Krueger for this?

Good point actually. Credit where it's due. He has acted quickly and decisively and made what seems to be a very promising appointment. I haven't been a fan, but if we don't recognise when he does something right, then the criticism is a little hollow.

Good point actually. Credit where it's due. He has acted quickly and decisively and made what seems to be a very promising appointment. I haven't been a fan, but if we don't recognise when he does something right, then the criticism is a little hollow.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Ralph was all for removing Pellegrino earlier but it was Les who wanted to keep him to see if he could turn it round. Whilst I'm, clearly, not all for recruiting managers on an annual basis, at least Ralph has recognised sticking with Hughes for a similar length of time was likely to leave us in a certain relegation battle and bringing in someone who takes us back to our Pochettino and Koeman-style philosophy early enough, gives us the chance to recover this season a little. Fair play for that and welcome Ralph H. - best of luck. You won't please all of us all of the time but if you can at least get us winning at home, you'll get most of us onside!

Yeah, it feels right. Good fit from what I've read.

Give the club the plaudits on this one, they've seemingly pulled this from nowhere.

It feels like we've gone back to having a coach with a clear identity/style of play, rather than just ''I like to pass the ball''.

Indeed. I won't get too excited as my feeling was Elyounoussi would be good, but at least the theory of this appointment is right.

Pellegrino's CV just didn't make any sense at all. (I had to dig up Les's quote about it for old times sake).

“Mauricio believes with the quality we have we can play exciting, attacking football, taking the game to our opponents by playing a high-intensity game. He will continue to develop and introduce young players whilst building on the core of experience that we have in the squad."

Indeed. I won't get too excited as my feeling was Elyounoussi would be good, but at least the theory of this appointment is right.

Pellegrino's CV just didn't make any sense at all. (I had to dig up Les's quote about it for old times sake).

I don't get where Les got that from MoPe never played High Press. He was odd.

I think he will get the best from some of our "failures".

Plenty of clubs appoint managers/head coaches without having football people making the decisions. Saints do however have Ross Wilson still in post and he would have been integral in this decision.