Red Leicester

benjii

I was watching a program on TV about an American 'artisan' cheese maker. He said he started his business after a trip to Europe, where he went into a supermarket and saw 45 different types of cheese. When he got back to the States he went into his local store, where they had 3 different colours of cheese.

I would suggest 'American' cheese is the worst product to lay claim to the name.

I was watching a program on TV about an American 'artisan' cheese maker. He said he started his business after a trip to Europe, where he went into a supermarket and saw 45 different types of cheese. When he got back to the States he went into his local store, where they had 3 different colours of cheese.

I would suggest 'American' cheese is the worst product to lay claim to the name.

My friend moved to the north of England a little while ago. Apparently, people - who he must now call colleagues, unfortunately - refer to cheddar as "white cheese". Animals.

My friend moved to the north of England a little while ago. Apparently, people - who he must now call colleagues, unfortunately - refer to cheddar as "white cheese". Animals.

I moved to the best bit of England in 1980, and I've never known this to be said - cheddar is cheddar, mind you I can't speak for the heathen Yorkies. Here on God's favourite side of the Pennines we have the wonderful crumbly Lancashire, and locally we have Garstang Blue. On the dark side they have Wensleydale, which is fine if you can overccome geographical prejudice.

I moved to the best bit of England in 1980, and I've never known this to be said - cheddar is cheddar, mind you I can't speak for the heathen Yorkies. Here on God's favourite side of the Pennines we have the wonderful crumbly Lancashire, and locally we have Garstang Blue. On the dark side they have Wensleydale, which is fine if you can overccome geographical prejudice.

I'll see your Garstang Blue and I'll raise you our Shepherd's Purse.

Love from Yorkshire ;)

Yeah, it's Yorkshire dinlows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...