The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

What little hope we have of staying up depends on Cedric & Bertrand reprising their best attacking full back roles in the run-in to May. I cannot seriously believe that Ralph would willingly let either go unless their contracts had run down and they wanted out at all cost. The silly season is well and truly with us.

The very idea that Valery and Targett are in any way adequate replacements for these two international players is laughable.

Maybe Everton are playing silly buggers, you are unsettling Lookman so we'll queer your effing pitchn as well.

Keep your eyes to the screens next week............

I wouldn't play a card like that even if I was ITK which I clearly am not and I'm betting this is another pile of bull**** from one of the best NITK bull****ters. I keep my eyes on the screen every day but sod all ever happens. Even Ralph looks as 'though he is thoroughly ****ed off about something.

I'm not convinced the problem is a lack of money for buying players. I think we need to move players on to create space and free up wages for new signings. Only an idiot would bloat an already massive squad and wage bill with more players and wages before dealing with the underlying problem. Carrying on is putting us on a fast track to bankruptcy (also known as the Harry redknapp school of management).

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Probably right.

I wouldn't play a card like that even if I was ITK which I clearly am not and I'm betting this is another pile of bull**** from one of the best NITK bull****ters. I keep my eyes on the screen every day but sod all ever happens. Even Ralph looks as 'though he is thoroughly ****ed off about something.

Hi Charlie,

I hope you are well. Let me clear some things up for you, I am not ITK, I have never said I’m ITK, this is a petty label you forum members have decided to label people that pass on info.

Now from the outset I have said my info should be taken however you want to take it, you can take it for gospel or disregard it. I do the same when I receive a message on WhatsApp.

You won’t have to worry as I’m not posting any info on here regarding incoming transfers and any further info I get I will be keeping close to myself and only sharing to a select few who understand the nature of the information I receive.

I mean no harm and I apologise for any offence I have caused.

Yours faithfully

The office of CabbageFace (leader in football information)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just added a bit to complete your sentence.

Not sure I'd be comfortable with FF as our back up. We'd only ever be an injury away from him playing and as he wasn't deemed up to the relegation fight last season I don't really want to have to risk it now.

Gazzaniga was rubbish and he was our backup for quite a while. If selling Mccarthy allows us to bring in a winger and a defender then it's worth the risk imo.

Gazzaniga was rubbish and he was our backup for quite a while. If selling Mccarthy allows us to bring in a winger and a defender then it's worth the risk imo.

And Gazzanigga was backing up a keeper i.e. Boruc who was pretty injury-prone by goalkeeping standards.

I’d also be happy with FF as a back up keeper. He’s a weakness but not appalling. Makes no sense having such depth in one position when we’re so weak elsewhere.

Agree. He's potentially got a few years left in him. He's getting the big bucks. Get him playing U23 and match ready.

And Gazzanigga was backing up a keeper i.e. Boruc who was pretty injury-prone by goalkeeping standards.
Seems to be doing well since he's left us, played very well for spurs in the games he's been called up for and called up by Argentina.

Gazzaniga is a decent keeper and should not have been let go. Pochettino thinks he’s decent which confirms the fact.

He was not given enough of a chance here. Forster was complete carp for about 40 games plus but was picked relentlessly....

Too many posters who are headline populist ball watchers on here.

Who do you think we will be after SuperSaint?

Not too sure. If Nixon finds out his identity, he'll likely run it in the Sunday papers.

Players like Upamecano & Lookman make sense but would be at the top end of the price bracket which isn't really where we're at financially.

Like Guan said, loans wouldn't surprise me.

Another hater.....Look Man if you are angry go Drink some Water and maybe go out tonight and Pull Some one nice..

Not a hater,just someone with a good memory. No need to pull someone nice,all covered in that department. Maybe you should try fishing it's dead easy,just get the right bait in the right place and you are sure to catch.

Posted this on the Forster thread.

This would be the best move for him. Leeds is a great club to join right now.

@JimProudfoot: I understand that Leeds’ hunt for an experienced goalkeeper will see them sign Fraser Forster from Southampton. #lufc #saintsfc

Not sure how ITK Proudfoot is, but he's at Leeds tonight commentating.

Well, their ‘keeper is about to get a short ban for doing an Austin on Marriott, so it would make sense.

They've def been after a keeper for a while. Tried getting Darlow from Newcastle recently.

Pretty sure they were in for Forster in the summer too. Imagine we'd be paying a BIG % chunk of wages, but anything we save is still better than nothing at all.

Not a hater,just someone with a good memory. No need to pull someone nice,all covered in that department. Maybe you should try fishing it's dead easy,just get the right bait in the right place and you are sure to catch.

Wooooosh. I don’t care if you don’t believe me, no leaves off my cabbage

Not too sure. If Nixon finds out his identity, he'll likely run it in the Sunday papers.

Players like Upamecano & Lookman make sense but would be at the top end of the price bracket which isn't really where we're at financially.

Like Guan said, loans wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah hopefully we might hear something more from Nixon on Sunday.

I deffo want Upamecano though! Hopefully Ralph can get Ighalo and Lookman too.

Gazzaniga is a decent keeper and should not have been let go. Pochettino thinks he’s decent which confirms the fact.

He was not given enough of a chance here. Forster was complete carp for about 40 games plus but was picked relentlessly....

Absolutely zero to do with the fact that Poch and Gazaniga are from the same town and that Poch knew Gazaniga's family...

Would rather support Pompey than see that thuggy **** Andy Carroll play for my club. Gazzaniga wasn't very good in his time with us, regardless of how much potential he may have had. He's doing okay as a stand in for occasional games for Spurs, but that's all.

He hardly looked good when in our team. Went on loan to spanish second division and had his own forster moment.

Happy he's flourished under poch but it was completely understanable why he was moved on.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/571692/Paulo-Gazzaniga-Southampton-mistake-shocker-Rayo-Vallecano-Spain

Wooooosh. I don’t care if you don’t believe me, no leaves off my cabbage

think its funny that people would rather argue with somebody whos passing on info, instead of taking it for what it is!

can i guess from your reply that the 'ins' you are not mentioning are:

Lookman

Drinkwater

Poulson

to be fair id take any of those

Hi Charlie,

I hope you are well. Let me clear some things up for you, I am not ITK, I have never said I’m ITK, this is a petty label you forum members have decided to label people that pass on info.

Now from the outset I have said my info should be taken however you want to take it, you can take it for gospel or disregard it. I do the same when I receive a message on WhatsApp.

You won’t have to worry as I’m not posting any info on here regarding incoming transfers and any further info I get I will be keeping close to myself and only sharing to a select few who understand the nature of the information I receive.

Yours faithfully

I get the impression that even Hasenhüttl is not ITK. Anything that spices up the January window is fare game for me so keep posting. I guess we both suspect that come the end of the month Saints will have failed to bring in anybody of any significance having meanwhile sold off even more of the family silver however tarnished it may have appeared to some.

Only JWP seems immune to such rumours and gossip, wonder why that is?

Having got themselves relegated from the PL U23 last year it is good to see so much faith being put in that same group of young players to save us in the PL proper. You couldn't make it up.

I’d also be happy with FF as a back up keeper. He’s a weakness but not appalling. Makes no sense having such depth in one position when we’re so weak elsewhere.
That's the point. Its a question of priorities. If we'd never signed gunn then no one would now be calling for a new keeper in January.

Out of date photo of Nairobi,or a picture of you holding a fish ?

Oh come on give it a rest.

Cabbage is obviously ITK or the mods would have ended this sharade weeks ago.

Yes he made up being from Kenya and while pretending to be from Kenya pretended to be ITK, but that was his old username.

He is Cabbage now and Eko is dead. Cabbage is ITK (Eko wasn't)

Like I said if he wasn't ITK mods would have stepped in.

Let's just give him more respect and hopefully he will pass on all his ITK stuff.

#ITK

Everyone knows I am a member of Cabbage's inner circle (It's pretty offensive that some have called us a clique or closed shop. We're just like minded souls sharing critical information that simply cannot be published in this forum).

Cabbage has been bang on, absolutely bang on all window and it ain't no fluke. He's too shy to admit it but he got connections and info to burn.

People seeing rumours hidden everywhere.

Look, man, things are looking Nice this January.

Men,desperate for info and latching on to any gossip they can.

And, er, sending PMs all over the shop.

Everyone knows I am a member of Cabbage's inner circle (It's pretty offensive that some have called us a clique or closed shop. We're just like minded souls sharing critical information that simply cannot be published in this forum).

Cabbage has been bang on, absolutely bang on all window and it ain't no fluke. He's too shy to admit it but he got connections and info to burn.

People seeing rumours hidden everywhere.

Look, man, things are looking Nice this January.

Men,desperate for info and latching on to any gossip they can.

And, er, sending PMs all over the shop.

Once you know what to look for its so obvious. Lookman and Drinkwater will obviously be joining and Macca will leave. That's 100%

But Everything (EVERYTHING) else people want / need to know is in the below post

Hi Charlie,

Yours faithfully

Charlie Austin will leave. As he mentions Charlie

If you squint over his text you will see a CB in the gaps, so a new CB will join.

He also brings attention to the word "gospel" and the "faith" which is clearly Daniel Sturridge. Dan is well known for his tweets quoting scripture, most noticeably, Phillippians 4:13.

Finally you have to now expect Vestergaard to leave as Cabbage really pushes the word "disregard"

Oh come on give it a rest.

Cabbage is obviously ITK or the mods would have ended this sharade weeks ago.

Yes he made up being from Kenya and while pretending to be from Kenya pretended to be ITK, but that was his old username.

He is Cabbage now and Eko is dead. Cabbage is ITK (Eko wasn't)

Like I said if he wasn't ITK mods would have stepped in.

Let's just give him more respect and hopefully he will pass on all his ITK stuff.

#ITK

No I wouldn't have stepped in, think it's all hilarious :lol: