Che Adams

TopGun

Where's the Gabbi money gone , thought that was a perm ?

Pretty sure it was a perm now. That's what was advertised on our OS and Sampdoria anyway.

Was a permanent transfer. Believe the cash for that goes towards the £18m for Ings in the summer. (People forget we haven't paid for that yet).

Was a permanent transfer. Believe the cash for that goes towards the £18m for Ings in the summer. (People forget we haven't paid for that yet).

What do we do with all our other revenue then ? (Tv money , prize money , sponsorship ,Match day income etc etc)

My sources tell me Adams is very keen to come to Saints but we can only complete the deal if Austin goes' date=' as that way we save a few quid by re-using Charlie's old "CA" training kit. If anyone else leaves instead, we have to start the scouting process from scratch, to find someone else with the same initials.[/quote']

Charlie Adam it is then!

As far as I understand, Birmingham are still under a transfer embargo so I really cannot see them selling anyone near the first team regardless of the fee.

We'd have been better off if we had a transfer embargo for the last 3 years or so then!

That's just rubbish. We will have enough to pay for Ings in the summer, our budget for the summer should not be 10m

My sources tell me Adams is very keen to come to Saints but we can only complete the deal if Austin goes' date=' as that way we save a few quid by re-using Charlie's old "CA" training kit. If anyone else leaves instead, we have to start the scouting process from scratch, to find someone else with the same initials.[/quote']

Is this all that our votes for Saints Voice gets us?

Haha is it really?

The latest info I could find is we are the 8th highest in the premier and I'm sure I read somewhere it's around 60% of turn over so still wouldn't add up , Money disappears somewhere if you ask me this whole need to sell before we can buy is a load of guff especially seeing as we were told the Gao sale was to take us to the next level !

The latest info I could find is we are the 8th highest in the premier and I'm sure I read somewhere it's around 60% of turn over so still wouldn't add up , Money disappears somewhere if you ask me this whole need to sell before we can buy is a load of guff especially seeing as we were told the Gao sale was to take us to the next level !

Off the pitch, the club has to be run like any other business, and currently they feel that the squad is too large and the wage bill is too high, so players need to be moved on before bringing in more. I dont think its literally that we cannot afford another penny, they are just trying to balance the books.

That's just rubbish. We will have enough to pay for Ings in the summer, our budget for the summer should not be 10m

Ings = £20m

Yep or £18m and Gabbiadini went for around £8-10m.

Saying the money for him has to go towards Ings is just ridiculous IMO, we aren't just buying Ings in the summer or I'd hope not so other money will be available to buy him by then so why can't money produced from a player we've sold this month be used now?

Off the pitch, the club has to be run like any other business, and currently they feel that the squad is too large and the wage bill is too high, so players need to be moved on before bringing in more. I dont think its literally that we cannot afford another penny, they are just trying to balance the books.

I don't think anyone is against us trying to balance our books but to do it while we are in a relegation fight is a MASSIVE gamble . Sometimes you need to speculate to accumulate.

Yep or £18m and Gabbiadini went for around £8-10m.

Saying the money for him has to go towards Ings is just ridiculous IMO, we aren't just buying Ings in the summer or I'd hope not so other money will be available to buy him by then so why can't money produced from a player we've sold this month be used now?

And it's not like we will be doing a bank transfer for the full amount on the day he signs .

Behind a pay-wall but it caught my eye...

@MattHughesTimes: Football Notebook: #BCFC could receive second points deduction for refusing to sell Che Adams; Hudson-Odoi unwilling to sign for #CFC with Sarri in charge; #Swansea chairman rejected James sale at 10pm after discovering club wouldn’t get paid til June.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rejected-che-adams-bids-could-cost-birmingham-city-xtd0dbnd8

Behind a pay-wall but it caught my eye...

@MattHughesTimes: Football Notebook: #BCFC could receive second points deduction for refusing to sell Che Adams; Hudson-Odoi unwilling to sign for #CFC with Sarri in charge; #Swansea chairman rejected James sale at 10pm after discovering club wouldn’t get paid til June.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rejected-che-adams-bids-could-cost-birmingham-city-xtd0dbnd8

You can't force a team to sell a player for less than they value them at ffs ! (Can you ?)

This is the full text:

Birmingham City’s decision to reject several bids for the striker Che Adams this week could lead to a second charge of committing an “aggravated breach” of the EFL’s profit and sustainability rules, which would trigger a second points deduction in as many seasons.

The Sky Bet Championship club are already facing being docked up to 15 points this season as a sanction for missing the EFL’s spending limits by £7 million over the three seasons from 2015 to 2018, with an independent disciplinary commission due to rule on the case this month. This has led to fears that the team, who are 12th in the table, 16 points off the bottom three, could be dragged into a relegation battle. Ironically, such concerns influenced their reasoning in rejecting offers from Burnley and Southampton for Adams, who has scored 15 league goals this season.

This may have been a serious miscalculation, however, as the club club need to raise considerable funds and/or make significant savings by the end of the season in order to comply with the EFL’s rules, with a failure to do so raising the prospect of a double punishment.

If it is proved that they rejected formal bids for Adams during the relevant accounting period — there have been reports of four offers of up to £12 million for the 22-year-old — the EFL may deem it to be an aggravated breach for deliberately ignoring the profit and sustainability rules, which could trigger an additional nine-point deduction, which would be applied next season.

Birmingham are contesting an aggravated breach charge for their signing last summer of the former Denmark Under-21 international Kristian Pedersen despite being under a transfer embargo.

I don't think anyone is against us trying to balance our books but to do it while we are in a relegation fight is a MASSIVE gamble . Sometimes you need to speculate to accumulate.

You mean what Cortese did and got roundly critiscised by many on this board despite the success it brought and the vastly increased value in the club

Trouble is the gamble has to pay off after recent debacles on transfers can anyone trust this lot to get it right? Best wait for Hasenhuttl to decide on he he wants id trust him over the rest of them

In our Premiership relegation season under the excrable Lowe, we made a £4m+ profit in that January window. History repeating?

Can’t afford him now so let’s closed this thread.

With up and coming players like Adams, who is 22, the longer you wait the more expensive they become. He's going to cost a lot more in the summer than he would have done in January, especially as our reported interest in him will have raised his profile more. The same applies to Maehle, who is 21.I guess if the club had no money in January and is hoping that player sales in the summer will bring enough in to buy them, we may still get them. But, we're going to have to sell our better players in order to raise that sort of money. As for the club's massive Premier League income, none of that seems to be released for buying players any more.

• 2 weeks later...
He wasn't for sale. Only a stupid bid would get accepted then.

In the summer he will leave then, he knows that and the club know that. He won't be cheap but it'll be more negotiable.

I’m not even sure about the stupid bid as Birmingham have sanctions in place from the fa meaning they cannot replace him - not 100% sure but there seemed to be a lot of confusion around what the sanctions actually meant in reality

With up and coming players like Adams, who is 22, the longer you wait the more expensive they become.

That's why Birmingham and Genk didn't sell, they will get more in the summer and get to keep the player for the rest of the season, it's a no brainer. If you read the Maehle interview he wanted to come but believes Genk are after more money.

• 3 weeks later...

He is truly is the Boris Johnson of football - hopeless but due to their sound bites, outwardly affable nature they both have plenty of media contacts who always help him land safely out of whatever the situation is. Who else in football would get gigs like I’m a Celebrity and Harry’s game? Ditto, Boris seems to be pretty much running the DT again as his own personal xenophobic platform. Guessing the Barclay Brothers are content to let him do it