Mr Gao....

Crab Lungs

On par, but getting worse. Seemingly because he has no interest in us, none at all. If he was a passionate owner as our Ralph claims him to be...then he'd have bothered to learn English and given us some concrete proposals on his plans going forward. At the end of the day his actions speak louder than words, and all his actions have been is to sell and get rid, whilst not investing a penny.

This entire charade seems to have been simply an ego boost for himself and his franchises in China, a quick and easy sale for Kat as she needed money urgently, whilst helping him jump on the football bandwagon they’re trying to promote over there. None of this is being done in the interests of us guys who spend our money to line his pockets.

This entire takeover screamed alarm bells from the moment he initially failed any test.

Yep, that’s my view of it as well and why I won’t attend home games until he has gone lock, stock and barrel. He’s no better than the likes of Chainrai who the skates had to endure. KL has soiled her father’s name in association with SFC and the first thing I would do if Gao is re-name the academy after MLT. I doubt she would be bothered as she’s made plenty of money out of us yet wants leach yet more. Wouldn’t have minded her selling at a healthy profit at all but never to someone as clearly dubious as that.

As far as I’m concerned SFC passed away in 2017 and doesn’t exist again until he has gone.

Yep, that’s my view of it as well and why I won’t attend home games until he has gone lock, stock and barrel. He’s no better than the likes of Chainrai who the skates had to endure. KL has soiled her father’s name in association with SFC and the first thing I would do if Gao is re-name the academy after MLT. I doubt she would be bothered as she’s made plenty of money out of us yet wants leach yet more. Wouldn’t have minded her selling at a healthy profit at all but never to someone as clearly dubious as that.

As far as I’m concerned SFC passed away in 2017 and doesn’t exist again until he has gone.

It’s this sort of passion that Gao fell in love with when hunting for a club to buy.

Eh, I don't buy this reasoning at all. Lander aren't a general real-estate development company, and Gao doesn't seem to have any significant business interest outside Lander and his ownership of Saints (and Lander's value has collapsed over the past few years, making a simultaneous international expansion AND a broadening in their commercial focus quite a stretch - not to mention Gao has sold off the majority of his Lander holdings in the last few months anyway).

I think it far more likely that buying the club was a way to transfer wealth to a more liberal regulatory environment. Acquire the club with money borrowed from outside PRC, and either sell it in a few years for a profit or use the club's own ever-increasing revenues to pay off the debt, and one way or another you have moved over £200m out from under the nose of the Chinese government.

Money laundering then?

Biggest problem is who is going to buy us? Kat sold to the only guy who was interested if there had been a better offer she would would have taken it.

No one wants to buy Newcastle who have been for sale for ages. I'm sure our majority owner would happily sell to someone who offered him a good price.

Owners with really financial muscle and a desire to use it to further a football club aren't exactly ten to a penny. Even if you do find one they need to be a bit more astute than just throwing cash at the first team like say Everton. You ideal want someone with deep pockets and ambition to improve the whole club with that cash.

I'd happily see the current lot do one but I doubt there are vast numbers of (or even any) buyers lined up to buy SFC.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

He’s doing a great job. On the football side We cut salary expenditure significantly during January and made a profit in the transfer window from player sales.

We have a marketing department on board with every cause there is, note the recent acclaim we got for flying the trannie flag on our twitter feed supporting transgender rights.

What With the fans forums to keep it touch with what’s going on, the new gas works bar, pre match light display and the wide arrange of foodstuff available in the kiosks its arguable that that the match day experience has never been better.

post of the day goes to Turkish, nawty boy:lol:

No, nothing illegal about a debt-financing. It's what the Glazer's did to United.

Well, it depends on the source of his repayment funds doesn't it?

You could buy a company with debt and use dirty money to repay the debt. Then you end up with a clean asset. That would very much be a type of money laundering.

I'm not saying he has done that. I have no idea what the source of his money is.

All we know is that he was a significant witness in a corruption trial in China and apparently he failed the ownership tests first time round. Plus what was ostensibly his main source of wealth in China, Lander, appears to have gone to ****.

And he doesn't appear to have any plan or vision, other than trying to leverage his profile in Asia.

On the face of it, and based on what he's done so far, he appears to be a terrible owner and the personification of the increasing ****eness of English football. There is no English football league, there is only football played in England.

Edited by benjii

I wouldn't feel sorry for the guy, he's no wallflower.

He was initially blocked by the prem league chairmen over his dodgy past (including giving evidence that led to a corrupt politician getting the lethal injection) but somehow Kat (who did a number on him) managed to squeeze him through.

Doesn't help us though, we and him are stuck and any potential suitor (if there are any) would want to drive an extremely hard deal which he probably couldn't even afford.

Had big doubts about him all along, the best thing he did was bring in Ralph but Ralph isn't going to hang around too long under a guy who is probably content with 17th place ad infinitum.

Whether you believe it is up to you.

Given i know the person working directly with Gao's on this (or they were until they were replaced by Chinese representatives) i know you're right. Mind you there's some people on here with very weird jealousy about this stuff who refuse to believe it.

If the folk running the Club had any financial nous, they would have seen an opportunity to both:-

1) avoid relegation and the financial meltdown in most of Gao's £200m investment/loan and

2) the opportunity to have lifted the team by a further £10m to £15m in the Merit (league position) revenues.

It just needed them to buy a solid reliable inform striker, of which £15m would have been a bargain for Che.

Which is all very well if Birmingham were happy to sell, which clearly they were not.

MimsDaviesMP

@mimsdavies

Yesterday I caught up with owner @SouthamptonFC Mr Gao in #Westminster to hear of his plans for club. Positive & productive meeting about its importance to the City & area by remaining focussed on being a thriving, community led, inclusive club strongly connected with its fans

What a load of ****e. :lol:

MimsDaviesMP

@mimsdavies

Yesterday I caught up with owner @SouthamptonFC Mr Gao in #Westminster to hear of his plans for club. Positive & productive meeting about its importance to the City & area by remaining focussed on being a thriving, community led, inclusive club strongly connected with its fans

Did he show her his 5 pledges?

MimsDaviesMP

@mimsdavies

I look forward to that starting then - would help if he communicated with the fans for a start !

She's a local MP innit. Got an office in Hedge End.

Is she a sports minister? Must be something to do with that rather than just being a local mp , neither the stadium or training ground are in her constituency so can't see the relevance of the meeting. They should publish the minutes of the meeting, strange behaviour, no idea what Gao is up to but he's definitely a shifty character and the club doesn't look like its going improve under his ownership.

Wonder who initiated the meeting and how he can justify a private audience with a member of parliament.

Is she a sports minister? Must be something to do with that rather than just being a local mp , neither the stadium or training ground are in her constituency so can't see the relevance of the meeting. They should publish the minutes of the meeting, strange behaviour, no idea what Gao is up to but he's definitely a shifty character and the club doesn't look like its going improve under his ownership.

Wonder who initiated the meeting and how he can justify a private audience with a member of parliament.

Or how she feels meeting with him is beneficial, other than safeguarding the mental health of some of her constituents who are worried sh!tless over Gao's plans and handling of the club.

Still she probably finds it a welcome change from the Brexit debate.

Or how she feels meeting with him is beneficial, other than safeguarding the mental health of some of her constituents who are worried sh!tless over Gao's plans and handling of the club.

Still she probably finds it a welcome change from the Brexit debate.

Or battling EBC over their mental development plans, a task for which she has demonstrated spectacular ineptitude.

I am one her constituents. Wtf does she think she is doing ...

She does does the sum total of nothing in her own constituency and finds time to waste talking to a foreigner in another constituency- typical of her incompetence.

What about the massive pollution in Hamble lady?

What about looking after some important issues on your own patch like planning on the overcrowded over polluted Hamble peninsula just being waved through and wrecking the environment and quality of life???

Leave Saints alone ...!!!!

Just imagine if you can, that I know this because somebody I know works at the club and is well informed. Imagine.
Time will tell, won't it.

All I know is if a Chinese businessman wanted to spend millions/billions developing property in Southampton then buying the local, privately owned football club is utterly pointless and completely unnecessary course of action.

Just buy some land, mate. That, kinda, "open doors" with "council chiefs" entirely by itself. If he wants to schmooze council leaders at the football then he could just buy an executive box.

Edited by CB Fry

Time will tell, won't it.

All I know is if a Chinese businessman wanted to spend millions/billions developing property in Southampton then buying the local, privately owned football club is utterly pointless and completely unnecessary course of action.

Just buy some land, mate. That, kinda, "open doors" with "council chiefs" entirely by itself. If he wants to schmooze council leaders at the football then he could just buy an executive box.

But…maybe…the football club is bang in the middle of the bit of land he may have had his eyes on? Who knows what the long-term plans of Markus Liebherr were but I believe it’s not exactly a secret that his attraction to buying SFC was coupled with the potential to redevelop the area in front of and alongside the stadium. Kat is an acquaintance of the Gaos, she may have sold them the vision?

The riverside will eventually be redeveloped all the way from Ocean Village to the old Meridian studios, the industrial areas are slowly being replaced, as leases end the land will, no doubt, be sold off to developers. Unfortunately for the football club they missed the boat on bidding for the land in front of SMS over to the river.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Liebherr/Cortese saw the potential of the footprint of the stadium in redeveloping this entire area and who knows if they secretly may have wanted to relocate SFC to free up the land long term? Having said that, money is being spent behind the scenes at the stadium upgrading corporate facilities and the dressing room areas in the summer.

But…maybe…the football club is bang in the middle of the bit of land he may have had his eyes on? Who knows what the long-term plans of Markus Liebherr were but I believe it’s not exactly a secret that his attraction to buying SFC was coupled with the potential to redevelop the area in front of and alongside the stadium. Kat is an acquaintance of the Gaos, she may have sold them the vision?

The riverside will eventually be redeveloped all the way from Ocean Village to the old Meridian studios, the industrial areas are slowly being replaced, as leases end the land will, no doubt, be sold off to developers. Unfortunately for the football club they missed the boat on bidding for the land in front of SMS over to the river.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Liebherr/Cortese saw the potential of the footprint of the stadium in redeveloping this entire area and who knows if they secretly may have wanted to relocate SFC to free up the land long term? Having said that, money is being spent behind the scenes at the stadium upgrading corporate facilities and the dressing room areas in the summer.

Through their own incompetency too as they didn't submit their tender in time

I am one her constituents. Wtf does she think she is doing ...

She does does the sum total of nothing in her own constituency and finds time to waste talking to a foreigner in another constituency- typical of her incompetence.

What about the massive pollution in Hamble lady?

What about looking after some important issues on your own patch like planning on the overcrowded over polluted Hamble peninsula just being waved through and wrecking the environment and quality of life???

Leave Saints alone ...!!!!

She lives in Hamble as well so you'd have thought she'd be all over trying to sort out the issues that affect her on a day to day basis. Sadly she seems utterly useless.

Eh, this sounds like dubious gossip. The wisdom of ML buying Saints was in the fact that he managed to pick up a team with a PL standard infrastructure and academy for about £15m or thereabouts. An investment entirely vindicated when his daughter sold the club at a valuation of just under £300m less than a decade later.

After watching the netflix series Sunderland 'til I die the other day you can drawn some comparisions for Mr Gao to Ellis Short, like Gao is with us he also did not want to put any more of his own money into their club eithier and they got relegated twice in quick succession as a result, just hope the same doesn't happen to us but the harsh reality is if you don't spend money in the Premier league especially every year you will stand still or get worse as a result.

We've had our money with the sale of pl;ayers over the last 3 seasons and spent it badly and now we are seeing the results of that failure, no one will now want to buy the vast majority of our players who are eithier in the squad on the fringes of the team or out on loan with other clubs and if we do sell it will be at a big loss

Our only chance will be to train academy players and bring them through quickly to the 1st team and hope they turn into gems we can keep for a few seasons before moving on for large fees to re-invest and so the cycle begins again...........just hope we manage to cling on this time and Ralph gets backed in the summer if we do by some miracle stay up if not Ralph will be gone sharpish

Has an owner been so hated after such a short period of time? The reality is, Gao hasn’t really done a great deal wrong (at this stage), but I think it’s fair to say that no one wanted him to take over the club and everyone can see that things are going to get bad, quickly.

I saw in the news today that Amanda Staveley and the Arabs are intrested in buying a football still. I’d have them over fat Kat and Gao every day of the week. At the very least she’s something to look at (but then again who isn’t compared to Kat and Nelly).

Personally I’d rather ‘do a Pompey’ and have a bit of fun whilst we’re at it, than ‘do a Pompey’ with Gao penny pinching.

Has an owner been so hated after such a short period of time? The reality is, Gao hasn’t really done a great deal wrong (at this stage), but I think it’s fair to say that no one wanted him to take over the club and everyone can see that things are going to get bad, quickly.

I saw in the news today that Amanda Staveley and the Arabs are intrested in buying a football still. I’d have them over fat Kat and Gao every day of the week. At the very least she’s something to look at (but then again who isn’t compared to Kat and Nelly).

Personally I’d rather ‘do a Pompey’ and have a bit of fun whilst we’re at it, than ‘do a Pompey’ with Gao penny pinching.

Well, he's literally done nothing.

I don't want some mad Moshiri type owner who talks ******** (and is probably fronting for someone else anyway....) but to have an owner who seemingly has no clue, money or ambition beyond getting some PR in China is just depressing. Add that to his difficulties with completing the deal and the whole thing looks pretty worrying.

Then you have the other dodgy characters in football, the intermediaries nepotism, the useless FA, the corrupt FIFA, the retard pundits, the half-and-halfers, the diving, the feigning injury, the pussy refs, the tax evaders, the fact that players need someone who works at the club to order their birds some Valentines flowers for them, strikers earning millions a year that can't score a goal, bantz... the whole thing stinks.

Edited by benjii

Well Amanda Staveley certainly talks a good takeover but it seems to end right there.

Mr Gao paid over the odds for Saints and the sole responsable in the matter is our former owner. That's the person that should draw the ire of the fans not the chinese pidgeon.

Well, he's literally done nothing.

I don't want some mad Moshiri type owner who talks ******** (and is probably fronting for someone else anyway....) but to have an owner who seemingly has no clue, money or ambition beyond getting some PR in China is just depressing. Add that to his difficulties with completing the deal and the whole thing looks pretty worrying.

Then you have the other dodgy characters in football, the intermediates nepotism, the useless FA, the corrupt FIFA, the retard pundits, the half-and-halfers, the diving, the feigning injury, the pussy refs, the tax evaders, the fact that players need someone who works at the club to order their birds some Valentines flowers for them, strikers earning millions a year that can't score a goal, bantz... the whole thing stinks.

add football mongboards and mongboard characters to the list.

We have the worst owners in the league, why invest in something that you are not willing to improve. Looks to me that they want a quick buck by doing sweet FA. Sold saying they would take us to the next level! What a load of crap that was!!! Just p!ss off and give us owners who walk the talk.

Trouble is they did not say what next level