Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

:|

I give up. If people seriously can't tell the difference between 'being a Muslim' and 'abandoning Britain to wage murderous Jihad in a foreign country' then they're never going to get my point.

I've provided a couple of examples of when I think a Westboro Baptist wouldn't be Japanese or a Catholic wouldn't be British in a similar situation. You can have another if you like:

Two Scousers move to Tashkent and have a son, they bring him up as a die hard Everton fan. Aged 15 he hears about two firms of Scousers and Mancs having a gang war on the streets of San Diego. He flies to America and spends the next 4 years doing drive-by shootings on bars in San Diego showing Man Utd games. Personally, I don't really think he's an Uzbek, so now you can call me racist against Scousers if you want.

Where did I call you racist?

Now, don't be disingenuous and try to deflect the point, it was this part that causes that issue:

"...based on extremely warped interpretations of her foreign parents religion make her less British?"

Either that's irrelevant or the religion has an effect on her Britishness. And why is it her parents religion, and not hers? If religion has no part in her Britishness, then this is the analogy:

"Does abandoning Britain to fight in a foreign holy war make her less British?"

I see you're a full member, so can you edit this into something that's intelligible?

What's a 'Christian guilt complex'? And who exactly has this?

Who exactly believes that 'everything within a society is reparable'? And what does that even mean?

And this 'concept' that does not exist in 'the Islamic world'? What does that mean? And in which parts of the 'Islamic world' have you witnessed this?

Alternatively, I suggest you are just spouting by rote the hate-filled gibberish of Wilders (despite your denials) - because these are meaningless slogans designed only to whip the terminally gullible into repeating them ad nauseum.

Usually I'm polite and try to answer questions as good as I can but in your case I'm getting weary of it because:

a) I don't like your patronising tone of voice which you apparently need to place yourself on a moral high ground, it's really boring.

b) your ongoing need to label someone who has a different view on things, it makes you look like some kind of prejudiced SJW who doesn't like to reason so it's useless to have a discussion.

c) your habit of 'asking' questions (which are often laced with your shallow assumptions to put someone else in a corner) and not responding when I answer them is annoying. When I ask you for your thoughts on the rise of salafism in Western Europe the silence is deafening. When I answer your 'questions' there's no follow-up from you which is disappointing.

As English is not my native language, it takes some time for me to translate, especially when it comes to matters which are not really possible to translate like a 'maakbare samenleving' which is translated into repairable society, socially engineered society or makeable society. It doesn't really cover the meaning it has in Dutch. I would be willing to try to explain it to you but only if I get the idea it wouldn't be a waste of my time. For me it's not hard to have an open mind, wether it's GM, LD SOG or Chapel end Charlie (where has he gone?) sharing their views. You never give the impression you're able to do that which is a shame as you do have knowledge worth sharing. Maybe you should read some Carlos Castaneda books, it might help you to get ahead with that.

Where did I call you racist?

Now, don't be disingenuous and try to deflect the point, it was this part that causes that issue:

"...based on extremely warped interpretations of her foreign parents religion make her less British?"

Either that's irrelevant or the religion has an effect on her Britishness. And why is it her parents religion, and not hers? If religion has no part in her Britishness, then this is the analogy:

"Does abandoning Britain to fight in a foreign holy war make her less British?"

I don't think you can really divide up the criteria like that because the two parts of that sentence are critical to each other.

On it's own the sentence "Does abandoning Britain to fight in a foreign holy war make her less British?" - Yes. On it's own (i.e. supposing Begum was a white, Christian woman called Sharon Smith) it would make her a traitor. Less British, yes; should she lose her citizenship is a trickier question. It would be hard to make a case for that as she doesn't have any family connection to any other country.

The reasons why Begum has chosen this lifestyle can't be ignored. She has joined an Islamic extremist movement and her parents are Bangladeshi Muslims. It would be naive to think there isn't any kind of link between the two.

To put it as simply as I can

- Religion doesn't determine your 'Britishness'

- Her actions based on Her interpretations of Her religion do affect her right to be a British citizen, in this specific scenario. IMO - Not saying everyone has to agree but others (not you, I apologise) think that makes me racist.

For the sake of clarity, I don't like Sharon Smith any more than Shamima Begum, in this hypothetical scenario.

I don't think you can really divide up the criteria like that because the two parts of that sentence are critical to each other.

On it's own the sentence "Does abandoning Britain to fight in a foreign holy war make her less British?" - Yes. On it's own (i.e. supposing Begum was a white, Christian woman called Sharon Smith) it would make her a traitor. Less British, yes; should she lose her citizenship is a trickier question. It would be hard to make a case for that as she doesn't have any family connection to any other country.

The reasons why Begum has chosen this lifestyle can't be ignored. She has joined an Islamic extremist movement and her parents are Bangladeshi Muslims. It would be naive to think there isn't any kind of link between the two.

To put it as simply as I can

- Religion doesn't determine your 'Britishness'

- Her actions based on Her interpretations of Her religion do affect her right to be a British citizen, in this specific scenario. IMO - Not saying everyone has to agree but others (not you, I apologise) think that makes me racist.

For the sake of clarity, I don't like Sharon Smith any more than Shamima Begum, in this hypothetical scenario.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one then - I think the religious part of this is irrelevant when it comes to questioning her nationality - I don't think it has any bearing on it.

If she was joining a military coup abroad would that make her any less British? I think not TBH.

Usually I'm polite and try to answer questions as good as I can but in your case I'm getting weary of it because:

a) I don't like your patronising tone of voice which you apparently need to place yourself on a moral high ground, it's really boring.

b) your ongoing need to label someone who has a different view on things, it makes you look like some kind of prejudiced SJW who doesn't like to reason so it's useless to have a discussion.

c) your habit of 'asking' questions (which are often laced with your shallow assumptions to put someone else in a corner) and not responding when I answer them is annoying. When I ask you for your thoughts on the rise of salafism in Western Europe the silence is deafening. When I answer your 'questions' there's no follow-up from you which is disappointing.

As English is not my native language, it takes some time for me to translate, especially when it comes to matters which are not really possible to translate like a 'maakbare samenleving' which is translated into repairable society, socially engineered society or makeable society. It doesn't really cover the meaning it has in Dutch. I would be willing to try to explain it to you but only if I get the idea it wouldn't be a waste of my time. For me it's not hard to have an open mind, wether it's GM, LD SOG or Chapel end Charlie (where has he gone?) sharing their views. You never give the impression you're able to do that which is a shame as you do have knowledge worth sharing. Maybe you should read some Carlos Castaneda books, it might help you to get ahead with that.

Which dodges every single one of the questions I asked you. Every one!

I've posted a great deal on Salafism, which is an abomination.

And to recommend a widely acknowledged fraud like Castaneda really sums your position up. You are a Wilders fan without wanting to admit it. Nothing to do with language, everything to do with red-necked Islamophobia.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one then - I think the religious part of this is irrelevant when it comes to questioning her nationality - I don't think it has any bearing on it.

If she was joining a military coup abroad would that make her any less British? I think not TBH.

I think we will.

Personally I'd say if he parents were Spanish and she was involved in a military coup to overthrow the Spanish government, it would. IMO...

He was quality in Champ Manager 98/99.

She is a British citizen because she meets the official criteria. Whatever crimes she is guilty of, she is guilty as a British citizen. Stripping her of her citizenship defies International Law. Her citizenship should not be the issue here. Her conduct should. I assume that most of us on this thread are British citizens. Whatever crimes we may commit, we remain as British citizens. It is no ones right to deny anyone their official heritage. This whole episode is an unecessary sideshow to what is the main problem, radicalisation and support for extremist factions. This person and her actions are very much our problem and we need to deal with it.

I think we will.

Personally I'd say if he parents were Spanish and she was involved in a military coup to overthrow the Spanish government, it would. IMO...

See, the difference here is that Nationality for most born citizens isn't a choice as such, whereas religion is. She has decided to be Muslim so her parents religion is irrelevant.

See, the difference here is that Nationality for most born citizens isn't a choice as such, whereas religion is. She has decided to be Muslim so her parents religion is irrelevant.

debatable

before Soggy goes off on one. I suspect many children our indoctrinated into various religions

he is certainly not my cuppa at all, but Tommy Robinson has exposed BBC Panorama pretty well.

John Sweeney :spaz:

Quite ingenious to fake a falling out with a friend so they could infiltrate the documentary but I don't think he exposed much beyond a few embarrassing comments. You'd think panorama would have better things to do though considering the amount of negative press he gets already. It doesn't sound like they will be unearthing much new stuff, particularly with dangerous extremist groups like hope not hate directing things.

You are a Wilders fan without wanting to admit it. Nothing to do with language, everything to do with red-necked Islamophobia.

Mwah, last year I travelled through Indonesia for almost two months and there were mosques and muslims everywhere, I even had to talk and eat with them! Still I had a wonderful time, pretty amazing for an "islamophobe" like me won't you say? :lol:

Although I have to admit I didn't go to the parts where the sharia rules, I don't like to see gay people getting beaten on a public square you know. I also enjoyed my dinners with natives on Bali who told me their local government is trying hard to impede islam conquering their island to no avail, I guess Wilders would be welcome amongst them.

But keep up your SJW spirit Verb, I'm always in for a good laugh! ;)

debatable

before Soggy goes off on one. I suspect many children our indoctrinated into various religions

Why would I go off on one? When I was small I was spoon fed Christianity as the one and only religion. Fortunately my parents didn’t force me to stay in Sunday School when I said I didn’t want to go anymore but I, like many of my generation have been brainwashed from an early age. I know a few middle age born again Christians who have got back into the whole God thing when you would hope that they would be old enough to know better. The point is that we all have filters. You for example saw Pelle as crap footballer whereas most people who saw him play thought he was pretty good. Some people grow up with a religious background and pick up on the peaceful message and live their lives accordingly. Some hear a different message and go down a different path. As we have been trying to point out to the Islamophobes on here, Islam is no different to other religions in this respect. There are extreme factions in all religions and in most societies. Some people can see that these issues are a part of their own society and some, the Tommy Robinson Yaxley-Lennons of this world, see them as something separate who need to be removed from our island. In this particular instance this young woman grew up within a certain religion and it sounds very much like she was groomed and fed a distorted version of what her peers believed in. A bit like you sitting next to a kid at St Mary’s week after week saying see that big bloke with the greasy hair up front, he’s rubbish he is. A suseptical kid will eventually see it your way and grow up believing that Pelle is rubbish. She doesn’t sound terribly bright and seems to have accepted a number of things about ISIS without question. On beheadings she was told Islam was ok with it so that was fine. If you stripped citizenship from every thick, gullible person half of this forum would be stateless. You ask the question earlier was she a combatant? I don’t know where you got that suggestion from other than your own deep seated prejudice because from what I have read she was nothing more than a housewife. Maybe you know different? If she is guilty of any crime she needs to go through the normal process and be dealt with accordingly. If she hasn’t and wishes to return to her country and her family, reject extremism and embrace the values of our society, I would expect any half decent human being to be willing to give her a second chance. You provide me with evidence that she has been chopping people’s heads off and I will quite happily change my mind.

Mwah, last year I travelled through Indonesia for almost two months and there were mosques and muslims everywhere, I even had to talk and eat with them! Still I had a wonderful time, pretty amazing for an "islamophobe" like me won't you say? :lol:

Although I have to admit I didn't go to the parts where the sharia rules, I don't like to see gay people getting beaten on a public square you know. I also enjoyed my dinners with natives on Bali who told me their local government is trying hard to impede islam conquering their island to no avail, I guess Wilders would be welcome amongst them.

But keep up your SJW spirit Verb, I'm always in for a good laugh! ;)

Photos or it didn't happen.

Why would I go off on one? When I was small I was spoon fed Christianity as the one and only religion. Fortunately my parents didn’t force me to stay in Sunday School when I said I didn’t want to go anymore but I, like many of my generation have been brainwashed from an early age. I know a few middle age born again Christians who have got back into the whole God thing when you would hope that they would be old enough to know better. The point is that we all have filters. You for example saw Pelle as crap footballer whereas most people who saw him play thought he was pretty good. Some people grow up with a religious background and pick up on the peaceful message and live their lives accordingly. Some hear a different message and go down a different path. As we have been trying to point out to the Islamophobes on here, Islam is no different to other religions in this respect. There are extreme factions in all religions and in most societies. Some people can see that these issues are a part of their own society and some, the Tommy Robinson Yaxley-Lennons of this world, see them as something separate who need to be removed from our island. In this particular instance this young woman grew up within a certain religion and it sounds very much like she was groomed and fed a distorted version of what her peers believed in. A bit like you sitting next to a kid at St Mary’s week after week saying see that big bloke with the greasy hair up front, he’s rubbish he is. A suseptical kid will eventually see it your way and grow up believing that Pelle is rubbish. She doesn’t sound terribly bright and seems to have accepted a number of things about ISIS without question. On beheadings she was told Islam was ok with it so that was fine. If you stripped citizenship from every thick, gullible person half of this forum would be stateless. You ask the question earlier was she a combatant? I don’t know where you got that suggestion from other than your own deep seated prejudice because from what I have read she was nothing more than a housewife. Maybe you know different? If she is guilty of any crime she needs to go through the normal process and be dealt with accordingly. If she hasn’t and wishes to return to her country and her family, reject extremism and embrace the values of our society, I would expect any half decent human being to be willing to give her a second chance. You provide me with evidence that she has been chopping people’s heads off and I will quite happily change my mind.

Paragraphs FFS!

To you and the snowflake-white alt-right ones on here fighting your culture wars, this is way beside the point. Shamima Begum has a legal right - she is a British citizen (passe Javid) - and has a legal responsibility - to answer for crimes alleged to have been committed in Syria. That really is the end of the story.

Paragraphs FFS!

To you and the snowflake-white alt-right ones on here fighting your culture wars, this is way beside the point. Shamima Begum has a legal right - she is a British citizen (passe Javid) - and has a legal responsibility - to answer for crimes alleged to have been committed in Syria. That really is the end of the story.

I really don't get why you think we should waste taxpayer's money on someone who is a traitor to the country, effectively turned her back on her citizenship, and who has supported terrorism against the UK, it allies, and innocent civilians everywhere....

It really is this simple verbal. She's out - she can stay out. And that in itself is a kindness compared to what she should expect.

I really don't get why you think we should waste taxpayer's money on someone who is a traitor to the country, effectively turned her back on her citizenship, and who has supported terrorism against the UK, it allies, and innocent civilians everywhere....

It really is this simple verbal. She's out - she can stay out. And that in itself is a kindness compared to what she should expect.

But why should she be Syria's problem?

She is a British criminal we should be bringing her back and locking her up to rot in a jail cell.

It's not about doing her any favours it's about Britian taking responsibility for its problems.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Edited by doddisalegend

She is a British criminal we should be bringing her back and locking her up to her in a jail cell.

It's not about doing her any favours it's about Britian taking responsibility for its problems.

Yep, we can't just dump our rubbish onto other countries. The home office decision is plainly unlawful in that the decision was made on the understanding that she would not be rendered stateless. She has been. If the decision is judicially reviewed its hard to see how it wouldn be reversed.

https://treaties.un.org/Pages/ViewDetails.aspx?src=IND&mtdsg_no=V-4&chapter=5&clang=_en

She is a British criminal we should be bringing her back and locking her up to rot in a jail cell.

What is it specifically that you think Britain did wrong, which lead to Islamic extremism?

What is it specifically that you think Britain did wrong, which lead to Islamic extremism?
Where have I said that. She is a British citizen who joined a terror organisation who should be responsible for punishing her if not us?

Why are you so adverse to us locking her up?

Didn't properly monitor and deter those perpetrating the extremism.

It seems that you think that Islamic extremism can't be a British thing.

No, I just fail to see how this is Britain’s fault. Especially when there will be similar cases in many countries around the world where extremists have left to fight for ISIS.

What you call ‘proper monitoring’ is the kind of stuff which makes people put tin foil hats on and hang coat-hangers from the ceiling. The only way to catch everyone is to have the government monitoring everyone’s phone calls, WhatsApp, voice mail, email, microphones in the mosques, school yards, CCTV on every street, etc.

There are 2.8 million Muslims in the UK. We can’t monitor all of them 24/7 for signs of extremist indoctrination and nor should we. There is always the same public reaction whenever we have a terrorist attack, paedophile abduction or serial killer; why didn’t the government stop this. Well, if we want to all live in some sort of conspiracy theory, cyber nanny state from a Jason Bourne film...

Paragraphs FFS!

Which is my point, so why have a pop at me?

So a British girl is convinced by British Islamic extremists to go and commit crimes in Syria. Why isn't that our problem?

It's not, but she is our responsibility.

Bangladesh's fault dontchaknow

It's not the fault of any nation, other than the ones which publicly support and enforce this particular brand of Islam. Have a quick check of the countries where being gay is a capital offence, I pretty much blame any of them for this.

It's not the fault of any nation, other than the ones which publicly support and enforce this particular brand of Islam. Have a quick check of the countries where being gay is a capital offence, I pretty much blame any of them for this.

Which countries enforce this particular brand of Islam then? I'm not aware of any that enforce what IS believed in, or they'd have just gone there to live, surely?

You blame Uganda? Or St. Lucia?

You blame Uganda? Or St. Lucia?

You can be glib if you want, although I'm sure life in those countries is far from pleasant for homosexuals.

Which countries enforce this particular brand of Islam then? I'm not aware of any that enforce what IS believed in, or they'd have just gone there to live, surely?

Well, there was the Saudi Prince murdered his servant in London and had to fight extradition to Saudi Arabia, because he would be executed for having sex with him.

Then there's the woman just released from prison in Pakistan, who fled the country in fear of her life because she was accused of blasphemy.

Then there was her lawyer who was murdered for simply offering her a fair defence and his killer who was hailed as a national hero.

Then there're the Iranian missiles with "Death to Israel, kill all infidels" written on the side.

Then there's the 13 year old Women being forced to cover up their hair and skin and basically being treated as subordinate baby factories by their husbands and fathers.

Any of this maybe sound a little bit ISIS'y?

It's 2019 and this is The Life of Brian being played out in real life.

You can be glib if you want, although I'm sure life in those countries is far from pleasant for homosexuals.

Well, there was the Saudi Prince murdered his servant in London and had to fight extradition to Saudi Arabia, because he would be executed for having sex with him.

Then there's the woman just released from prison in Pakistan, who fled the country in fear of her life because she was accused of blasphemy.

Then there was her lawyer who was murdered for simply offering her a fair defence and his killer who was hailed as a national hero.

Then there're the Iranian missiles with "Death to Israel, kill all infidels" written on the side.

Then there's the 13 year old Women being forced to cover up their hair and skin and basically being treated as subordinate baby factories by their husbands and fathers.

Any of this maybe sound a little bit ISIS'y?

It's 2019 and this is The Life of Brian being played out in real life.

Excellent - so you're saying that Iran, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are all IS but by another name? Or are you just picking some small parts of their culture/religion that they share?

Sounds like you've got some rampant Islamaphobia there...

Excellent - so you're saying that Iran, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are all IS but by another name? Or are you just picking some small parts of their culture/religion that they share?

Sounds like you've got some rampant Islamaphobia there...

I'd say the persecution of Christians and the killing of gays are pretty big things if you are gay, female or Christian.

Do you happen to know the reason why this woman can't be judged in Syria?

No idea but the legal system, or lack of, in another country is not the issue. She's a woman who, until the home office revoked it, was a UK citizen. She has no other citizenship. No other country is obliged to give that to her. Thus revoking her citizenship has left her stateless. That's unlawful. She's a woman who should be allowed to return to the only country where she has had (and still should have) citizenship. Upon her return she should be dealt with in our legal system as a British citizen.

When I say small, I mean within the context of a whole religions teachings, not the magnitude of those areas on the people affected.

Well that's debatable about how important some of those elements are, particularly when you consider the concept of abrogation. Admittedly I'm not a scholar or an expert but from the evidence we have, something like apostasy appears to be a pretty fundamental part of Islam (or at least it is for most Islamic nations.)

No idea but the legal system, or lack of, in another country is not the issue. She's a woman who, until the home office revoked it, was a UK citizen. She has no other citizenship. No other country is obliged to give that to her. Thus revoking her citizenship has left her stateless. That's unlawful. She's a woman who should be allowed to return to the only country where she has had (and still should have) citizenship. Upon her return she should be dealt with in our legal system as a British citizen.

It seems that the government believes that legally she is entitled to Bangladeshi citizenship and if that is the case then under their law they would be obliged to give it to her.

When I say small, I mean within the context of a whole religions teachings, not the magnitude of those areas on the people affected.

So sexual abuse of teenage girls, violent homophobia and murderous persecution of anyone who contradicts your religion are okay, because they're "just some small part of their culture" :lol:

Perhaps we should all vote BNP at the next election. The hatred of blacks and foreigners is just a small part of their manifesto, they've actually got some excellent policies on transport and healthcare.

So sexual abuse of teenage girls, violent homophobia and murderous persecution of anyone who contradicts your religion are okay, because they're "just some small part of their culture" :lol:

Perhaps we should all vote BNP at the next election. The hatred of blacks and foreigners is just a small part of their manifesto, they've actually got some excellent policies on transport and healthcare.

Woah, where did I say any of that was OK? Show me. There is nothing there that says anywhere that it's OK.

As a MOD I would expect less trolling from you, although from your posts I can see why Wes has been allowed to spread his hate on the Brexit thread.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff