Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Watching Villa last night, I thought Mings was excellent at CB. We could certainly do a lot worse than taking at look at him (Stephens and Hodet as an example). Quick, strong and good on the ball would also offer good cover at LB.

Certainly not the leader at the back we need (I’d take him and another at CB), but would improve us without a doubt.

Don't rate Mings. He was no good for the Cherries.

Ideally, we need a CB with an experienced head and some leadership. We then have two of those (new guy, plus Yoshi) to help bring Bednarek and Vestergaard along. There's go to be someone knocking around the Bundesliga that Ralph could identify?

Clearly agent chatter trying to find him a new club. No interest from us I would imagine.

It’s weird isn’t it? I get that this is what an agent is supposed to do, but when the link is clearly made up (Ralph says recently we are going back to signing players we can develop and sell on, bolasie is 29 and on circa £70k pw) I’d be pretty p*ssed off with him if I was Bolasie. At least make up a rumour that is plausible?

It’s weird isn’t it? I get that this is what an agent is supposed to do, but when the link is clearly made up (Ralph says recently we are going back to signing players we can develop and sell on, bolasie is 29 and on circa £70k pw) I’d be pretty p*ssed off with him if I was Bolasie. At least make up a rumour that is plausible?

Surely you just go with Everton and West Ham? Obviously Everton doesn't work here so the best rumour is West Ham.

You could also add a bit of intrigue by saying that Villa are preparing a "warchest" and want to spaff some of it on Bolasie if they win the play off final.

Where do I get my agent's licence?

Ideally, we need a CB with an experienced head and some leadership. We then have two of those (new guy, plus Yoshi) to help bring Bednarek and Vestergaard along. There's go to be someone knocking around the Bundesliga that Ralph could identify?

Niklas Stark, perhaps. Although I prefer Hertha teammate Jordan Torunarigha as a real prospect for the future, as we're desperate for pace in the back line. Desperate.

Personally, I'd be happy to sack off pretty much all our centre backs bar probably Bednarek and bring in two young, fast guns like Fikayo Tomori and Torunarigha and try and develop them. Yes, they'll make mistakes due to their inexperience, but our current centre backs make loads of mistakes anyway - what's their excuse?

We can't afford the "finished article". Bidding for the most mediocre of them starts at around £30m these days, so we either invest in potential, or blow our budget on established dregs like Vestergaard.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

You’re right, he was bang average at Bournemouth despite joining with high expectations. His time was hit with injured (he done his ACL) and he was in and out of the team. He was also playing at LB.

By all accounts, since joining Villa and being played at CB he’s been superb.

Agree we need a commanding leader at CB, but the jury is still out on a lot of our CB’s

Vestergard - hit and miss, for me, too slow for the PL and the way Ralph wants to play.

Bednerak - looks great in a 3, been disappointed with him as a 2 (could be down to the squad as a whole though)

Yoshida - is what he is, great servant, getting on a bit and Not good enough to be relied on as a first choice.

Stephens - just dreadful.

I’d like to see us get rid of 2 of the above and bring another 2 in. One thing Mings does have, which we don’t have in that back line, is pace.

You’re right, he was bang average at Bournemouth despite joining with high expectations. His time was hit with injured (he done his ACL) and he was in and out of the team. He was also playing at LB.

Agree we need a commanding leader at CB, but the jury is still out on a lot of our CB’s

Vestergard - hit and miss, for me, too slow for the PL and the way Ralph wants to play.

Bednerak - looks great in a 3, been disappointed with him as a 2 (could be down to the squad as a whole though)

Yoshida - is what he is, great servant, getting on a bit and Not good enough to be relied on as a first choice.

I’d like to see us get rid of 2 of the above and bring another 2 in. One thing Mings does have, which we don’t have in that back line, is pace.

Mings is one of THE biggest C Unts in English football. Solid "No thank you" from me.

Dael Fry would be a much better buy. He is the best central defender in the Championship but on the downside he got badly injured towards the end of the season.

yeh! and we should also get de bruyne for our midfield, and buy Mane back to play up front with Kane. Maybe get de Gea in goal, although he is off the boil, he still has potential?

Don’t know if already mentioned but The Sun linking us to Bolasie

https://apple.news/ADpBdZyd6QvWxjBRsztOLtg

First Aribo, now Bolasie. It's like the papers have been reading my posts on the transfer window threads. If Bolasie has shown any signs of the pace and power prior to his injury its a no brainer for me, but if not then we should stay well away, sadly.

Edited by Chez

Dael Fry would be a much better buy. He is the best central defender in the Championship but on the downside he got badly injured towards the end of the season.

Pulis said out for 12 weeks. That is one hell of a torn hamstring. Good player though.

Alan Nixon suggesting we're keen on Mooy.

As as Aussie I'd be pleased, but I can't really see him in a Ralph side. Although Mooy > Moi, I'd like to think we could be better yet.

See how he goes tonight if he plays.

From what I've seen of Mooy I think he'd be a great fit personally. Hope we go get him.

yeh! and we should also get de bruyne for our midfield, and buy Mane back to play up front with Kane. Maybe get de Gea in goal, although he is off the boil, he still has potential?

I'm guessing you're a "lets get Gary Cahill" type fan.

From what I've seen of Mooy I think he'd be a great fit personally. Hope we go get him.

Is he not the one type of player that we don't really need though? I haven't seen him enough to be sure but strikes me as an all-round good energy general midfielder, not dissimilar to Hojbjerg, JWP, Lemina and maybe even Romeu. Perhaps he's capable of playing a bit further forward but doesn't strike me as a proper attacking midfielder.

Quite like Mooy but absolutely not to type of player we should be spending money on, there are enough other positions which should be a priority. And if we're buying a midfielder, it should be an upgrade on Romeu, not another player who can play in the position slightly further forward IMO

Bit weird spending £20 million a player that can't even get into a not very good Everton side, have to hope Ralph is able to tempt his Leipzig form out of him.

Yeah, Ralph knows all about him so I will trust his opinion on Lookman. Everton just have too many players and spent too much, they have a very lopsided squad. Lookman is actually a really good talent, just can't get any consistancy in a very overcrowded Everton squad.

Would much rather Che Adams to lookman.. we need more of a physical presence going forward.

Aren't both Lookman and Adams pretty short? Maybe Adams is built like a bricky privy, but 5'9 doesn't really scream physical presence. That said, I think either of them would strengthen our attack.

Clear out as much deadwood as possible and get both? I could live with a summer window in which we got Adams, Lookman and a decent CB. In particular, I think a young, English front three of Lookman, Adams and Redmond would probably start to get us a bit more favorable coverage, which always helps turning around a toxic atmosphere like the one we've had the past few seasons.

Aren't both Lookman and Adams pretty short? Maybe Adams is built like a bricky privy, but 5'9 doesn't really scream physical presence. That said, I think either of them would strengthen our attack.

Clear out as much deadwood as possible and get both? I could live with a summer window in which we got Adams, Lookman and a decent CB. In particular, I think a young, English front three of Lookman, Adams and Redmond would probably start to get us a bit more favorable coverage, which always helps turning around a toxic atmosphere like the one we've had the past few seasons.

tbh I did think he was about 5'11 :mcinnes: But yeah he is much stronger than Lookman. Both would be fantastic just can't see it.

Augustin saying he will buckle down and be more professional for RB and FR but RB are willing to let him go this summer I think.

"For Augustin, it's time to grow up and become a true professional. What he seems to have understood. "I have to work even harder, win my place. I did not do it before. I came, I said: "that's it, I'm strong, I leave the PSG, I do not need to work". And that, you can not. Today, I'm working like crazy. I can not tell you that I am happy with my situation, but it is bad for a good. If I had not been in this situation, I think I would not have done it or I would have done it too late. "While the RB Leipzig is ready to give in this summer, disappointed by his behavior in recent months, Jean-Kevin Augustin is determined to fight for a place. Especially as Timo Werner, the irremovable holder in attack, could change air this summer. What free a place to Augustine and offer him a new chance to win.

http://www.footmercato.net/bundesliga/rb-leipzig-edf-espoirs-les-franches-explications-de-jean-kevin-augustin_254345

Would much rather Che Adams to lookman.. we need more of a physical presence going forward.
Agree, but I fear he will get better offers than us. That bird has flown unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Agree, but I fear he will get better offers than us. That bird has flown unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Maybe, but he lacks lightening pace, isn't fantastic in the air or at holding the ball up and is the most one footed player I have ever seen. That's not to say I wouldn't want to see him at Saints, but there are elements to his game that will put some scouts/clubs off. I spoke with a Brummie friend at the weekend and he thought we'd be a good fit and said he thought Norwich, Palace and Saints were the clubs really in for him.

This rumour has been doing the rounds for a number of months now.

Good player, who could still do a job for us.

However the impression I get from the club is we will be signing young players with the aim of them doing well and selling them on. Not singing older players looking for their last big contract.

He’ll end up at West Ham or Bournemouth