Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Phil Hay

@PhilHay_

Following Following @PhilHay_

More

Leeds have issues with Jansson’s attitude and feel it’s the right decision to move him on from the dressing room. Bielsa is on board with the sale.

He's Van Dijked them.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was us in for Jansson. Doesn't fit the age profile or pace side of things but by all accounts is a leader which we've been crying out for at the back. Might be a safer bet going for him instead of a younger kid from abroad - least he'll be able to settle in quickly.

Agree with you last statement mate, even if he had cancer, who cares? He’s minted! Kids are dying? No bother, plenty of dosh. Lost his leg in an accident? Buy a new one!!!! Seriously, these rich footballers and their “problems”.

You’re a mess mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't be a pedant, you know exactly what I mean.

Are we really in for Jarrod Bowen?

Apparently so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're still the favourites. I still think we have room for one more attack minded player (especially if Boufal leaves) and with Bowen's age and stats from last season, if the price is right, I don't see why not. But I'd say we'd need to get it done quick before someone else pounces or the price rises.

I've been looking at the free transfer lists overnight. (When I should have been working...) https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

You could put together a pretty decent team of:

Ochoa

Dani Alves

Cahill

Vermaelen

Alberto Merno

Honda

Marchisio

Ben Arfa

Brahimi

Sturridge

Ballotelli

I mean obviously if they were in their prime, not injury prone or have behavioural issues!

Is there anyone on that list that you lot think CDAJFU? (Puncheon or Caceres anyone? :) )

Make his life a living hell, tell him he is not welcome to the club anymore, leak stories to the media about him ready to sit out his contract and do nothing. That will turn fans against him, making him a hated figure on social media and in the street when he goes.

That s how you go about things to force somebody out.

The guy is the highest paid player at the club, does **** all, probably realizes he does’t have the level to compete in the PL anymore.

If you have some self esteem, even if you are paid less to go somewhere else, you will still go to proove yourself or other people that you can still play at a certain level.

He lives in Winchester. The worst that will happen to him is if someone puts full fat milk in macchiato instead of vegan fair-trade avo-milk.

Plus, everyone knows he’s winding down his contract and the only person who seems angered by it is you.

My earlier post regarding Forster was entirely justified and I stand by it.

You make think I’m a bellend or whatever but when I see people in companies in France going through the motions because they have job security and no motivation whatsoever in their job, I understand why companies try the dirtiest tricks by the book to try and move them on.

In life you want people with ambition who try and set themselves goals and do whatever it takes to achieve them, that s what I would look for if I was recruiting someone.

I myself go and see a psychologist because I wanna improve confidence in myself and try to be better in every aspect of life.

So in a way I do have mental issues, but do I sit around and keep myself in a cushty job where pay allows me to live confortably? No

I’m starting a new job in September with similar pay, a hard one which may give me loads of sleepless nights because of the pressure, do I back down from a challenge? No because I have the ambition of reaching my goals in life even though I know my mind might not allow me to but at least I wanna try because by doing thisjob it will open a lot of doors for me.

In Forster’s case, if reports are correct about mental issues, well if moving somewhere else makes him a nervous wreck, at least try, knowing that if he succeeds then his career is back on track. Because sitting at Saints and doing nothing but train all year is going to do nothing for his career. His fat bank account might get fatter but that s it.

And if I was an employer and saw somebody doing nothing at work, not wanting to take on new projects, I would seriously question the value of that person for my company. In england job security is non existent compared to contracts in football or job security in France so people have to perform.

But when you have someone not contributing, with the highest pay at the club, mental issue or not, I would try all the tricks to make him move on.

What impression does that give to the other players who perform but are paid less ? Not great for the atmosphere.

Lol. Mate you will get fcking nowhere. You’ve exposed yourself as a nasty piece of work.

Good luck with self help tapes

You make think I’m a bellend or whatever but when I see people in companies in France going through the motions because they have job security and no motivation whatsoever in their job, I understand why companies try the dirtiest tricks by the book to try and move them on.

In life you want people with ambition who try and set themselves goals and do whatever it takes to achieve them, that s what I would look for if I was recruiting someone.

I myself go and see a psychologist because I wanna improve confidence in myself and try to be better in every aspect of life.

So in a way I do have mental issues, but do I sit around and keep myself in a cushty job where pay allows me to live confortably? No

I’m starting a new job in September with similar pay, a hard one which may give me loads of sleepless nights because of the pressure, do I back down from a challenge? No because I have the ambition of reaching my goals in life even though I know my mind might not allow me to but at least I wanna try because by doing thisjob it will open a lot of doors for me.

In Forster’s case, if reports are correct about mental issues, well if moving somewhere else makes him a nervous wreck, at least try, knowing that if he succeeds then his career is back on track. Because sitting at Saints and doing nothing but train all year is going to do nothing for his career. His fat bank account might get fatter but that s it.

And if I was an employer and saw somebody doing nothing at work, not wanting to take on new projects, I would seriously question the value of that person for my company. In england job security is non existent compared to contracts in football or job security in France so people have to perform.

But when you have someone not contributing, with the highest pay at the club, mental issue or not, I would try all the tricks to make him move on.

What impression does that give to the other players who perform but are paid less ? Not great for the atmosphere.

You clearly have no idea about mental illness.

Couple of interesting snippets in the papers today.

Wigan have offered £5m for Gallagher according to Nixon (potential bidding war on the cards?), and Burnley are hoping to sign Tomori at Chelsea for £15m.

You’d think he might be on our list of CB targets given his age/potential.

Edited by beavis17

Couple of interesting snippets in the papers today.

Wigan have offered £5m for Gallagher according to Nixon (potential bidding war on the cards?), and Burnley are hoping to sign Tomori at Chelsea for £15m.

You’d think he might be on our list of CB targets given his age/potential.

Tomori should definitely be on the list.

I'd be staggered if Chelsea sold him, he's a huge talent.
He'd be a huge talent for us, but at Chelsea he's just a good talent. Their current CB options: Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma, Ampadu, Tomori, Clarke-Salter, Guehi (and more). Five internationals, two u21 internationals and an u17 World Cup winner.

I'm sure Lampard will think highly of him, but realistically, how does he get in their team?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Tomori should definitely be on the list.

I'd be staggered if Chelsea sold him, he's a huge talent.

Be surprised if Lampard doesn't want to work with him at Chelsea.

From our angle, my gut feeling is the CB will be brought in from Europe. Can't see the Webster option going further with the amount Bristol City were suggesting.

Would signing Bowen from Hull be a strange one?

And is he any good?

No stranger than signing Adams from Brum surely. Good goalscoring record, and from the clips I've seen of him he appears a a fairly hardworking, and hard running, player that might fit the RH style.

Personally I can't see it happening as we've already signed Adamas and Djenepo as the attacking options, and other areas are more likely to be prioritised.

Reading a book at the moment and just got to a chapter which mentions JWP. Apparently when he was in the academy he spent time at Havant & Waterlooville and was helped/coached by Mason Mount’s dad, who is a family friend. JWP is now (or at least was when the book was written) something of a personal mentor to Mason Mount as something of a return favour.

There’s no link to him or anything, and I’m not suggesting him as a target, but just thought it might be interesting to know in the event that he were to leave and look for a club of our stature - might be a genuine reason why he would consider us over others.

Would signing Bowen from Hull be a strange one?

And is he any good?

If a player of his age/quality is available at 15m then go get him, regardless of who we've already signed. Has the potential to be another Maddison or Brooks who can easily make the step up to the PL

Reading a book at the moment and just got to a chapter which mentions JWP. Apparently when he was in the academy he spent time at Havant & Waterlooville and was helped/coached by Mason Mount’s dad, who is a family friend. JWP is now (or at least was when the book was written) something of a personal mentor to Mason Mount as something of a return favour.

There’s no link to him or anything, and I’m not suggesting him as a target, but just thought it might be interesting to know in the event that he were to leave and look for a club of our stature - might be a genuine reason why he would consider us over others.

Mason Mount is a die hard Pompey fan and has already said that he would never ever play for us.

I still have not seen or heard of many realistic centre back targets (Webster aside who I personally do not think is ready for the Prem), and a quick scout around the leagues does not reveal many obvious and realistic targets.

Perhaps then we could look at things in a different way. I keep banging on about Kalvin Phillips, but this lad is the real deal IMO.

Our current CB's are OK in the air and tackle, but they seem to lose men too easily causing us to ship too many goals as a result.

Phillips is an all action, powerful, athletic and aggressive "closer down" who could quite easily protect our back 2 and even dropping into a back 3 if necessary. Perhaps a little similar to how Morgan used to protect Jose and Lovren (who could sometimes switch off themselves).

He would add defensive stability for us with the added bonus that his passing range could spring us quickly forward too into attack.

The lad is an England international IMO and certainly better than Rice.

Just a thought, but would love to see him here.

I still have not seen or heard of many realistic centre back targets (Webster aside who I personally do not think is ready for the Prem), and a quick scout around the leagues does not reveal many obvious and realistic targets.

Perhaps then we could look at things in a different way. I keep banging on about Kalvin Phillips, but this lad is the real deal IMO.

Our current CB's are OK in the air and tackle, but they seem to lose men too easily causing us to ship too many goals as a result.

Phillips is an all action, powerful, athletic and aggressive "closer down" who could quite easily protect our back 2 and even dropping into a back 3 if necessary. Perhaps a little similar to how Morgan used to protect Jose and Lovren (who could sometimes switch off themselves).

He would add defensive stability for us with the added bonus that his passing range could spring us quickly forward too into attack.

Still think we need a CB, but agree with this and would love to see Phillips here.

Sell Lemina and replace with Phillips would be a decent bit of business - however, Leeds apparently want £30m and can't see us spending that.

We are probably at a stage where we really need to shift a few now before bringing anyone else in. Our squad is ridiculous and once everyone is back from hols/extended breaks we might need an extra training ground.

Don't see any news on the possibility of getting rid of our deadwood possibly 8 players in total costing an enormous amount of wages per week.

This really could be a difficuilt last 5 weeks of the window unless we can find some gullible clubs to take them.

We have enquired about Tomori from Chelsea.

If Tyrone Mings is going for £26million then I really can’t see us bringing in a centre back of those are the sort of prices for them currently.

Chelsea have probably got another 29 centre-backs we could ask about.

From what I have seen of him (the odd Derby game and England u21's) he has a horrific mistake in him at all times and often covers this by sheer pace. There aren't many young CB's out there currently who I feel are as attainable though, so it does make sense that we would take a look.

Because of France Telecoms dirty tricks 35 people are believed to have committed suicide.

Tomori is way too reckless, can’t believe the hype around him. I’ve only watched him a handful of games and in almost every one he’s put in a red card tackle and got away with it. On two occasions he’s made tackles as bad and as dangerous as i’ve ever seen, luckily avoiding serious impact with the opponent. Mistake a game type player, fans love him because he flies into tackles, but he’s not a good defender.