The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

It is mildly amusing that the disgraceful Labour/Lib Dumbs/Greens/Plaid/SNP are going to stop the thing they want, remaining in the EU. By all of them putting up candidates for each constituency in the elections, it will split their vote, so they won't get a majority to remain in the EU. It is comical that these thickos are voting against each other, so stopping the very thing they want, as they are going to deprive their own parties of the seats they require to push it through.

If Labour eventually decide to become a Remain party, then their vote will be split by the Lib Dumbs unless they make a pact, but anyway they then will lose bags of seats in the Labour industrial heartlands.

Who's to say that the Tories and Brexit Party won't make a pact too? Failing that, it isn't beyond the wit of the electorate to figure out that they can vote tactically to support the candidate with the greatest chance of delivering the leave vote.

You never did respond to this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/16/labour-brexit-remain-voters-european-elections

Last time I posted it -after thoroughly rubishing your understanding of the 2017 Labour manifesto- you ran away and were bit of a snowflake :lol:

It is mildly amusing that the disgraceful Labour/Lib Dumbs/Greens/Plaid/SNP are going to stop the thing they want, remaining in the EU. By all of them putting up candidates for each constituency in the elections, it will split their vote, so they won't get a majority to remain in the EU. It is comical that these thickos are voting against each other, so stopping the very thing they want, as they are going to deprive their own parties of the seats they require to push it through.

If Labour eventually decide to become a Remain party, then their vote will be split by the Lib Dumbs unless they make a pact, but anyway they then will lose bags of seats in the Labour industrial heartlands.

Who's to say that the Tories and Brexit Party won't make a pact too? Failing that, it isn't beyond the wit of the electorate to figure out that they can vote tactically to support the candidate with the greatest chance of delivering the leave vote.

What, like yesterday when Plaid and the Greens pulled their candidates so the Lib Dems could win?

You're assuming that a majority of the electorate want to elect a Leave candidate.

Simplistic pony .

If there was no Brexit party taking votes off the Tories we wouldn’t have Boris or a proper cabinet. We’d still have May or a May clone. Last night spelt it out clearly. Failure to deliver Brexit or water it down too much and Nigel will deprive you of dozens and dozens of seats. They don’t need to win them, just split the vote. It wasn’t fear of UKIP winning seats that panicked Dave into a referendum, it was taking votes off them to let labour in. The Brexit party voters sent a message on the night of the Euro elections, The Taffs sent another one last night. Failure to deliver Brexit & you’re finished. What’s the message you think they should send “we’ll vote for you regardless “.

Put it like this, is Boris sat there this afternoon thinking “I need to reach out to the remainers after last nights result”, or is he thinking “if I can deliver a meaningful Brexit the Brexit party will disappear and we will win seats like that all over the country” . If he has to go to the country before that will last nights result make an alliance with Nige more likely or less likely.

That said, we witnessed one of the most bone headed decisions in recent times. Who on earth thought the MP recalled to face the election, would make a good candidate. I presume the decision was made under May’s leadership, and just about sums her up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a local conservative party decision pal.

If there was a second refurendum remain would win comfortably IMO.
that may be but a client of mine was a prominent member of the government and the EU who was adamant that we should remain. In conversation with him a little while ago he believes that we should leave as we will be treated pretty poorly in future by them. I assume as in 'be quiet, you tried to leave and now have come back in cap in hand'

Perhaps membership to the Euro will also be then pushed on us

that may be but a client of mine was a prominent member of the government and the EU who was adamant that we should remain. In conversation with him a little while ago he believes that we should leave as we will be treated pretty poorly in future by them. I assume as in 'be quiet, you tried to leave and now have come back in cap in hand'

Perhaps membership to the Euro will also be then pushed on us

If we revoke then we don't actually leave and remain on the current terms.

Politically we would have lost a lot of influence and respect.

Pony.

Given that you gave the decision about the leader of the Conservative Party and our next PM a great deal of thought and decided to cast your vote for Boris Johnson, I think you have blown any vestige of credibility you may have had Duckie. In words you will understand, you and those like you have dumped on us a pony, 9 pinter PM. You must be very proud of yourself. More and more people seem to be waking up to the reality that they have been lied to. Johnson himself made a very successful career in publishing pony articles slagging off the EU. Even his recent stunt with the kipper was utter pony but just like the meatheads in the States swallowing Trumps bull**** hook line and sinker, so you swallow Johnson’s bull****. If you are so sure that you are right about Brexit why do you have a problem with another referendum? If it really what the country want surely they will vote for it again, unless of course they realise that they have been hoodwinked.

Given that you gave the decision about the leader of the Conservative Party and our next PM a great deal of thought and decided to cast your vote for Boris Johnson, I think you have blown any vestige of credibility you may have had Duckie. In words you will understand, you and those like you have dumped on us a pony, 9 pinter PM. You must be very proud of yourself.

What a load of pony.

Given a choice between Boris & Theresa in trousers Hunt, any sensible person would choose Boris. Lefties like you hate him because he successfully led the Leave campaign and you’ll hate him even more when he honours that result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Given that you gave the decision about the leader of the Conservative Party and our next PM a great deal of thought and decided to cast your vote for Boris Johnson, I think you have blown any vestige of credibility you may have had Duckie. In words you will understand, you and those like you have dumped on us a pony, 9 pinter PM. You must be very proud of yourself. More and more people seem to be waking up to the reality that they have been lied to. Johnson himself made a very successful career in publishing pony articles slagging off the EU. Even his recent stunt with the kipper was utter pony but just like the meatheads in the States swallowing Trumps bull**** hook line and sinker, so you swallow Johnson’s bull****. If you are so sure that you are right about Brexit why do you have a problem with another referendum? If it really what the country want surely they will vote for it again, unless of course they realise that they have been hoodwinked.

Ha. I notice that Lord Pony never answered the second half of sadoldgit's post.

Anyone would think that he was scared of a second referendum in case people realised that they had been hoodwinked.

Was that the Euro elections when the Remain parties shafted the Brexit parties or some other occasion?

Nope, it was the second referendum, the one where the people decided to reverse the first one, after realising they’d been hoodwinked.

Do you know the difference between referenda & elections?

Was that the Euro elections when the Remain parties shafted the Brexit parties or some other occasion?

Consonant please Carol.

Edit: I don't mean that in a nasty way TameSaint I am just not sure how you calculated your sums! I concluded that nothing really had changed from the referendum.

Edited by Sergei Gotsmanov

• 3 weeks later...
Is the thread “Boris Johnson and the death of the United Kingdom” the right place to post the latest YouGov poll?

0919864572dd1f8f9b401d7f4e1b6868.jpg

fa59a2c77dead3f5916cc43636a14df3.jpg

So, less than a third of the votes cast results in a significant overall majority. FPTP is anything but democratic.

What about the 4th & 5th, who do you think would win those?

Depends when you think the 4th and 5th referendums will take place......already, there are a load of people who were too young to vote last time; if you add their votes in to imminent referendum then Remain would win....the 4th & 5th ref will include even more people that wouldnt have been able to vote 1st time round....and "Leave" is very much an older persons thing.

You better hope the 4th and 5th happen soon....

Depends when you think the 4th and 5th referendums will take place......already, there are a load of people who were too young to vote last time; if you add their votes in to imminent referendum then Remain would win....the 4th & 5th ref will include even more people that wouldnt have been able to vote 1st time round....and "Leave" is very much an older persons thing.

You better hope the 4th and 5th happen soon....

You have to take account of the effect that Scotland's IndeyRef2 would have on the numbers, plus the potential for NI moving politically closer to Eire. As the thread title suggests, BoJo may well be presiding over the 'Death of the United Kingdom'.

You have to take account of the effect that Scotland's IndeyRef2 would have on the numbers, plus the potential for NI moving politically closer to Eire. As the thread title suggests, BoJo may well be presiding over the 'Death of the United Kingdom'.

If Boris ploughs on with this no deal it makes sense for Scotland to leave the UK and NI to join up with the republic. Obviously the NI thing would cause all sorts of problems, would get very bloody.

If Boris ploughs on with this no deal it makes sense for Scotland to leave the UK and NI to join up with the republic. Obviously the NI thing would cause all sorts of problems, would get very bloody.

If the Scots get independence, would the Welsh try to follow suit ? So much for the Conservative and Unionist party.

Edited by badgerx16

This is Boris's mandate:

EU Referendum Results 2016:

• By Votes- 17.4 million Leave vs 16.1 million Remain.
  • By constituency- 406 Leave vs 242 Remain.
  • Labour Constituencies- 148 Leave vs 84 Remain.
  • Conservative Constituencies- 247 Leave vs 80 Remain.
  • By Region- 9 Leave vs 3 Remain (London, Scotland, NI).

It's hilarious the usual people whining that the moves today were anti democratic considering how they've been doing everything they can to thrawt democracy for three years. Let's be honest, many have been voting down every form of brexit hoping that it will mean we don't leave at all. If we end up with the no deal brexit that they dread then they have to take their share of responsibility.

It's hilarious the usual people whining that the moves today were anti democratic considering how they've been doing everything they can to thrawt democracy for three years. Let's be honest, many have been voting down every form of brexit hoping that it will mean we don't leave at all. If we end up with the no deal brexit that they dread then they have to take their share of responsibility.

Voting against something is not anti-democratic

Almost as hilarious as Brexiteers claims that they are the people standing up for democracy.

Almost as hilarious as Brexiteers claims that they are the people standing up for democracy.

How long do you want this session of Parliament to last, it’s already the longest since the 1650’s.

It’s now time for remoaners to put their money where their mouths are and vote the Government down. Trailing round the TV studios moaning on won’t do it, it’s in their hands. I doubt enough will though, don’t want to risk losing their seats or handing Boris a larger majority.

Boris is playing a blinder.

The current Parliamentary session was intended to run until Brexit had been "delivered", and was initially slated to run until July 25th 2019, and return for a new session on 3rd September 2019. Ironically, now that BoJo has requested prorogation, all the Brexit related bills currently being processed will now be suspended and have to be restarted in the new session.

Inevitably, Johnson will cause enough grief in his short tenure in Downing Street to ensure that his deeply unpleasant Party is unelectable for the next few generations.

Fixed it for you

Tory scum better make the most of their dwindling time in the lime light.....UK politics are changing, and history wont judge this lot too favourably.

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.