All things Labour Party

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/labour-commits-to-32-hour-working-week-within-a-decade/ar-AAHIveK?ocid=spartanntp

So 32 hour week but people will have the same wages. Well you do the maths.

I suggest that this will lead to large increases to the cost of living, the minimum wage will add to that. Where the extra workers will come from lord only knows, Im told we are basically at full employment now.

Who would invest in the UK at present? I know if I was a foreign company I would not as not only are they going to increase labour costs but also want to take 10% of a company if it has more than 250 workers.

Is this really going to be a vote winner for them??????

Agree. Apart from being electoral suicide it will simply mean less money per head going into education. The answer is to reform them and make sure bursaries go to kids who can’t afford the fees, not simply knocking a few thousand off the fees if someone only earns £150,00pa and can’t quite afford the £36,000 pa for Henry.

Too many private schools, like Winchester, were set up to provide education to practically destitute kids who wouldn’t otherwise get an education but have lost their way and hijacked the buildings and assets for the privileged few

Slight tax increases on the people who send their kids private will more than cover the extra costs.

Plus just watch the extra money come in when the elite sees the dire state of some state schools that their kids are now at.

Slight tax increases on the people who send their kids private will more than cover the extra costs.

Plus just watch the extra money come in when the elite sees the dire state of some state schools that their kids are now at.

Why should you pay more tax if your kids go private? Should be less, if anything. Or are you talking about income tax thresholds?

Via a dodgy, public, show of hands, rather than a card ballot where delegates wouldn't be so intimidated by those around them.

That’s Momentum for you, straight out of the Soviet era playbook. Revolting extremism, and the sad thing is the Tories have copied it with UKIP. Not sure about the LDs at present so looks like abstention for me.

This is why only people from the centres of parties should be leading them.

4 day weeks are coming whether JC and the Labour party have it as a policy or not.

The rise in automation will replace the work people do, faster than new jobs will be created. So there will be less work for all of us.

Companies that are already trialling 4 day weeks, claim that this increases productivity. It wouldn't work for all businesses, but it can work for some.

Managed properly, it could work

4 day weeks are coming whether JC and the Labour party have it as a policy or not.

The rise in automation will replace the work people do, faster than new jobs will be created. So there will be less work for all of us.

Companies that are already trialling 4 day weeks, claim that this increases productivity. It wouldn't work for all businesses, but it can work for some.

Managed properly, it could work

At the same wages as if they were working 5 days? It surely will only push up inflation and so we are all worse off.

DO they get a part time wage or a full time wage for working part time?

I don’t work for the NHS but I share a part time job with 2 other people and we all get paid an hourly rate. I would imagine that they get paid pro rata too. A 4 day week sounds like a good idea but I doubt if many families could afford to lose a days pay, and companies are not going to give their staff a days pay for doing nothing.

At the same wages as if they were working 5 days? It surely will only push up inflation and so we are all worse off.

The invention of the wheel killed millions of jobs, but ultimately we are better off for it. As did the steam engine. It wasn't that long ago that people worked 6 day weeks. If automation brings about a better work/life balance, then so be it.

Companies that have trialled 4 day weeks have found that productivity increased.

The invention of the wheel killed millions of jobs, but ultimately we are better off for it. As did the steam engine. It wasn't that long ago that people worked 6 day weeks. If automation brings about a better work/life balance, then so be it.

Companies that have trialled 4 day weeks have found that productivity increased.

I seriously doubt the invention of the wheel in the late Neolithic period killed millions of jobs off for a society that existed on substance farming.

Anyway the wheel and the steam engine contributed to the industrial revolution which brought man made climate change on a massive scale, population explosion and two world wars so perhaps we aren't that better off.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

The invention of the wheel killed millions of jobs!! lol You've been watching too much of the Flintstones.

WTF - the wheel that was invented by neanderthal's? What jobs did it kill off, those that were pushing the cube?

The NHS is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Since no-one works every hour of every day its a pointless argument.

Well, it isn’t. Many elective procedures only take place mon-fri. To be cut further i guess if jazz’s wins

Many consultants, doctors, staff only work mon-fri

Regardless of care continues over a weekend.

Edited by Batman

I seriously doubt the invention of the wheel in the late Neolithic period killed millions of jobs off for a society that existed on substance farming.

Anyway the wheel and the steam engine contributed to the industrial revolution which brought man made climate change on a massive scale, population explosion and two world wars so perhaps we aren't that better off.

Piltdown Man died on an anti-wheel solidarity march to smash the repressive wheel based hegemony. Fact.

Well, it isn’t. Many elective procedures only take place mon-fri. To be cut further i guess if jazz’s wins

Many consultants, doctors, staff only work mon-fri

Regardless of care continues over a weekend.

Of course it is. Just because some people don’t work at weekends it doesn’t mean the NHS shuts down over the weekend. I have been called in to see a consultant on a Sunday. There are still patients on wards. A & E carries on as usual. I guess you haven’t had much to do with the health system if that is your view?

And who on earth is Jazz?

Of course it is. Just because some people don’t work at weekends it doesn’t mean the NHS shuts down over the weekend. I have been called in to see a consultant on a Sunday. There are still patients on wards. A & E carries on as usual. I guess you haven’t had much to do with the health system if that is your view?

The NHS does not function on a Sunday as it does on a Tuesday.

That is a simple fact

• 2 weeks later...

Jeremy's latest idea might actually appeal to people ( well football fans)

A Labour government would give football fans the power to hire and fire their club's directors, Jeremy Corbyn has promised.

Under the party's plans, a Labour government would:

Legislate to give supporters' trusts the power to appoint and remove at least two members of a club's board of directors

Legislate to enable supporters' trusts to purchase shares when clubs change hands

Review all aspects of football governance, including fan participation

Ensure that the Premier League invests 5% of income from television rights into grassroots football

Enforce anti-bot legislation to crack down on ticket-tout websites selling tickets at inflated prices

Ban zero-hours contracts and guarantee a "living wage" of at least £10 per hour for all staff, including those working at football stadia on match days

Add women's sporting events, including the women's football world cup, to the list of key sporting events to be broadcast on free-to-air TV

Improve access provision for disabled sports fans by ensuring improvements are made and by prioritising action to make clubs comply with obligations under the 2010 Equality Act

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-vow-to-give-football-fans-power-to-hire-and-fire-club-directors-11829352

Jesus wept. Are you seriously trying to say that because A&E treats people at weekends this equates to weekend working. My snap dragon is a midwife, believe it or not people have babies at weekends. However, they don’t have planned C sections or anti natal appointments/scans, that’s M-F. If you saw her weekend working enhancements you’d know why it’s unaffordable.

The majority of the NHS shuts over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy's latest idea might actually appeal to people ( well football fans)

A Labour government would give football fans the power to hire and fire their club's directors, Jeremy Corbyn has promised.

Under the party's plans, a Labour government would:

Legislate to give supporters' trusts the power to appoint and remove at least two members of a club's board of directors

Legislate to enable supporters' trusts to purchase shares when clubs change hands

Review all aspects of football governance, including fan participation

Ensure that the Premier League invests 5% of income from television rights into grassroots football

Enforce anti-bot legislation to crack down on ticket-tout websites selling tickets at inflated prices

Ban zero-hours contracts and guarantee a "living wage" of at least £10 per hour for all staff, including those working at football stadia on match days

Add women's sporting events, including the women's football world cup, to the list of key sporting events to be broadcast on free-to-air TV

Improve access provision for disabled sports fans by ensuring improvements are made and by prioritising action to make clubs comply with obligations under the 2010 Equality Act

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-vow-to-give-football-fans-power-to-hire-and-fire-club-directors-11829352

Lol, I assume the next thing will be that the clothes industry will only be allowed to produce all the same coloured suits for us all to wear.

The lunatics are really going to take over the asylum

Jesus wept. Are you seriously trying to say that because A&E treats people at weekends this equates to weekend working. My snap dragon is a midwife, believe it or not people have babies at weekends. However, they don’t have planned C sections or anti natal appointments/scans, that’s M-F. If you saw her weekend working enhancements you’d know why it’s unaffordable.

As I said, I have been called in to a clinic on a Sunday and the waiting room was full. What about people recovering from operations and long term patients? Are they all kicked out of their wards at the weekend? I don’t know what you have been smoking Duckie but it seems a bit strong for you. Oh, and for months now my local surgery has walk in consultations for those with worrying conditions. Yes, a doctors surgery (NHS) open on a Sunday.

London hospitals do antenatal appointments and classes on weekends.

• 1 month later...
Yes they do. So what’s your point?

Historically Zionism was/is a movement to establish a new Jewish homeland in Palestine that started to become popular in the late 19th century. You could be Jewish and not a Zionist technically I guess you could be a Zionist and not Jewish if you felt really strongly about it.

Historically Zionism was/is a movement to establish a new Jewish homeland in Palestine that started to become popular in the late 19th century. You could be Jewish and not a Zionist technically I guess you could be a Zionist and not Jewish if you felt really strongly about it.

Yes you’re right about this but generally when people refer to Zionist they’re talking about Jews in Israel and the vast majority of the Zionist movement was made up of Jews. So yes you could be a Jew and not a Zionist and there maybe a tiny percentage of Zionists that aren’t Jews but the realiaty is only someone looking for an excuse would be so desperate as to claim he didn’t mean Jews when he said Zionist. https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/a-definition-of-zionism

Yes you’re right about this but generally when people refer to Zionist they’re talking about Jews in Israel and the vast majority of the Zionist movement was made up of Jews. So yes you could be a Jew and not a Zionist and there maybe a tiny percentage of Zionists that aren’t Jews but the realiaty is only someone looking for an excuse would be so desperate as to claim he didn’t mean Jews when he said Zionist. https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/a-definition-of-zionism

You can be against Zionism and not hate Jews.