2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

Leicester should give us all hope.

Like us they had to suffer Puel and like us they were on a heavy decline.

But with the right appointments + right recruitment they have regrouped, reunited fans and reignited the hope.

Fair play to them. They always had the right ingredients but a lot like us, the wrong chef.

What about Everton?

Said it before Everton will struggle this season..... No doubt.

They lost both Gueye and Zouma which was the defensive spine last season and the recruitment team at everton has been poor for a while now.

Can see them really struggling and will be bottom half with us and villa, Sheff United, ect.

What about Everton?

HTH :)

sorry for posting the same thing twice, i was having technical difficulties. also had to LOL at their miserable fans lamenting matip not being on the pitch, as if he wouldn't have gotten rinsed as well. fickle. reminded me a bit of osvaldo flooring kompany and some others before bending a beauty against man city. imagine the satisfaction if one of our own did the same against liverhampton. day dreaming a bit but..

I don’t agree with people comparing our results to others quite so simplistically. This season we’ve done better against:

Man Utd than Chelsea and Leicester

Liverpool than Norwich, Newcastle, Arsenal and Burnley

Brighton than Spurs, West Ham and Watford

Sheff Utd than Everton, Palace, Bournemouth

You can sit here all day making comparisons like that. We have plenty of faults but other results really don’t mean anything.

Our play pretty much focuses on counterattacking when our opponents leave space and our players seem lost if they are asked to do anything else.

I can't remember the last time we beat an organised team that sat back and defended deep.

Brighton?

I don’t agree with people comparing our results to others quite so simplistically. This season we’ve done better against:

Man Utd than Chelsea and Leicester

Liverpool than Norwich, Newcastle, Arsenal and Burnley

Brighton than Spurs, West Ham and Watford

Sheff Utd than Everton, Palace, Bournemouth

You can sit here all day making comparisons like that. We have plenty of faults but other results really don’t mean anything.

I think the point is that we only played Spurs a week ago, they looked just as lethargic and out of form and obviously only had 10 men.

I think the point is that we only played Spurs a week ago, they looked just as lethargic and out of form and obviously only had 10 men.

I get that but it’s still a different team, in a different place on a different day. We could play any given team at St Mary’s, five Saturdays in a row, and get a different result every game.

Why is every saying this and not how amazing our win at Brighton now looks.

Edited by Lighthouse

I get that but it’s still a different team, in a different place on a different day. We could play any given team at St Mary’s, five Saturdays in a row, and get a different result every game.

Why is every saying this and not how amazing our win at Brighton now looks.

Yeah, Brighton outplayed us for long stretches of the match and we did very well to take three points from them.

In fact, both of our league wins have been against teams that played at least as well as we did and could easily have gone the other way.

It's very unfair to compare our game against spurs from just last week

Yes they've lost to colchester, smashed by Bayern and Brighton and seem to be in chaos but against us they only had 10 men and clearly raised their game against the new Spurs manager Ralph

It's very unfair to compare our game against spurs from just last week

Yes they've lost to colchester, smashed by Bayern and Brighton and seem to be in chaos but against us they only had 10 men and clearly raised their game against the new Spurs manager Ralph

:lol:

Yeah exactly this. Certainly when we played them they were! Hopefully soon enough they will start to slip up.

Ings scuffs one from 8 yards out, the keeper threw one in last week, constant gifts in the last throws of games

Unreal