• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

at no time showed any remorse or apology.

Remorse for what - an off the cuff comment which was blatantly untrue (and everyone knew that), against someone who I don't know, but had been insulting both Arabs and Jews? Give it a rest. This is like when Goatboy got asked to apologise for talking about someone's wife getting fingered.

Happy to apologise to his wife though.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

you can go away. UJ has said some pretty revolting things to some posters on here, making pretty disgusting comments aimed at posters whose wives are seriously ill, and never showed any remorse for doing so ( not in my case thankfully) SO wind your neck in.

I just think perhaps you can take all the personal stuff over to the special thread. It's all irrelevant here. There must be a better place to just post insults and snipes at each other. The whole "he started it" thing just makes it all more true. Do you guys have to go on and on name calling and saying nasty personal stuff page after page?

I just think perhaps you can take all the personal stuff over to the special thread. It's all irrelevant here. There must be a better place to just post insults and snipes at each other. The whole "he started it" thing just makes it all more true. Do you guys have to go on and on name calling and saying nasty personal stuff page after page?

I've never said anything nasty or personal about OldNick - he quite clearly has an issue with me but no idea what I've done to him to deserve that reaction.

But yes, perhaps it's best if he wants to continue his tirade against me to do it on the Kindergarten Thread, here:

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?60023-The-Kindergarten-Thread/page17#.XcA3U2Snw0M

You mean the bitcoin that I completely avoided and expressed scepticism about on the other thread? Good lad.

Sterling a buying opportunity?

Note to oneself: do the exact opposite that GM is advocating and stick the life savings on it :lol:

...and Gavyn Davies aka shurlock does the exact opposite that GM advocated and his Fulcrum Multi Asset Trend Fund (a pure trend-following fund that invests across commodities, equities, currencies, and fixed income) loses 15.2% of its value in one year. Luckily, it was someone else's life savings that Gavyn aka shurlock used, to short sterling. Not expecting him to post a reply, though. Since I outed Taunton's finest, he's in hiding, hoping his investors don't notice his arrogance on this thread and the mediocre returns across all of his funds and the billions he's "managing". Easy money, this fund management malarky...ask Neil Woodford :lol:

Edited by Guided Missile

I've never said anything nasty or personal about OldNick - he quite clearly has an issue with me but no idea what I've done to him to deserve that reaction.

But yes, perhaps it's best if he wants to continue his tirade against me to do it on the Kindergarten Thread, here:

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?60023-The-Kindergarten-Thread/page17#.XcA3U2Snw0M

Perhaps you should not mention other peoples family in postings. I have backed you up in the past and in the main I am pretty even handed in my opinion. I agree with Norway that the personal stuff if not called for. If Whelk has thrown stuff at your family who are innocent to all our ramblings on here then that is out of order. If people want to insult me that's fine.

Anyway move on Brexit is a disaster for both sides as there is now no winner whatever happens. The whole nation is a loser and IMHO all down to a certain man not having a fatality in a single engine plane crash. Had that had a different outcome this would not be a one issue election

...and Gavyn Davis aka shurlock does the exact opposite that GM advocated and his Fulcrum Multi Asset Trend Fund (a pure trend-following fund that invests across commodities, equities, currencies, and fixed income) loses 15.2% of its value in one year. Luckily, it was someone else's life savings that Gavyn aka shurlock used, to short sterling. Not expecting him to post a reply, though. Since I outed Taunton's finest, he's in hiding, hoping his investors don't notice his arrogance on this thread and the mediocre returns across all of his funds and the billions he's "managing". Easy money, this fund management malarky...ask Neil Woodford :lol:
If Shurlock really is Davies it is a shame if he has left, as irritating as he could be he was also a very good well informed poster. If anybody has any of Davis' e-mails and he ends them with Pal then you are correct GM

Party of Business

UBS Wealth Management: 'Main threat' to sterling is Tory election win"

Sterling has recovered a bit in recent days after hitting its lowest level against the US dollar since a flash crash three years ago. But UBS Wealth Management is out with a note today reminding investors that the direction of travel could easily change.

Mark Haefele, the group's chief investment officer, notes that the "main threat to sterling’s recovery is if [boris] Johnson’s Conservative party were to win with a majority in an early election."

"They could then overturn the legislation requiring them to ask for an extension, increasing the threat of leaving without a deal," he said.

He notes that a no-deal Brexit could send the British currency sinking back from around $1.23 today to $1.15 "or even lower."

From the FT.

Just to tidy up a few loose ends, Gavyn "the Sage of Wandsworth"...

UBS Wealth Management has told its clients to start investing in UK assets on an “unhedged” basis for the first time in years. “It is a sign of improved confidence,” said Geoffrey Yu, head of its UK investment office.

The Swiss bank says fair value is $1.56 under its purchasing power parity model but is sticking to a target of $1.36 over the next year until there is more clarity. “Sterling is in a holding pattern. The market has priced out no-deal but we still don’t know what the deal is,” he said.

Stephen Jen, founder of Eurizon SLJ and an adviser to Asian sovereign wealth funds, said the commentary on Brexit has been far too negative but the tide has now turned. “The psychology on sterling has reversed. Years from now people are going to be looking back and shaking their heads, asking how it ever got so low,” he said.

“We think $1.40 to $1.45 is completely within reach by the end of this year. The more lopsided the vote in favour of the Conservatives, the higher it will go because that means they can push through a long-term strategy. A move to $1.50 is easy with the right policies,” he said.

Mr Jen said the exchange market still has a structural “short” position on the pound that could exceed £100bn if counted properly. “Corporate treasuries are still massively short because they had to be. Their bosses told them they had to be hedged against a no-deal. They have only just begun to cover. The rally we have seen so far is nothing,” he said.

Societe Generale, Danske Bank, and Swedbank all have targets of $1.40 by September of next year. Morgan Stanley is betting on $1.38, and Italy’s Unicredit on $1.37. The benign scenario assumes that the elections deliver a “market-friendly” government, code in financial circles for the resounding defeat of Jeremy Corbyn.

Perhaps you should not mention other peoples family in postings. I have backed you up in the past and in the main I am pretty even handed in my opinion. I agree with Norway that the personal stuff if not called for. If Whelk has thrown stuff at your family who are innocent to all our ramblings on here then that is out of order. If people want to insult me that's fine.

Anyway move on Brexit is a disaster for both sides as there is now no winner whatever happens. The whole nation is a loser and IMHO all down to a certain man not having a fatality in a single engine plane crash. Had that had a different outcome this would not be a one issue election

The point is I don't know his family, it was an off the cuff comment to a faceless entity on a forum, but it seems strange that you side with the person that has said on here that they dislike Arabs and Jews. You may not be aware of that, but I would say that is far worse than what I wrote.

Just to tidy up a few loose ends, Gavyn "the Sage of Wandsworth"...

If Shurlock is/was Gavyn Davies, then frankly that just adds further weight to his postings on here - if you have ever read any of his Guardian blogs (which I had to in the mid 00's when doing the statistics part of my degree) or any of his macro comments for the FT, then you will realise what a good mind he is.

Of course, he may not be.

In relation to the two posts above, they are written from different viewpoints, the top one written from a position of "Tories are going to take us down the no-deal route" which is what was originally thought, and the second on the position of "Boris will push ahead and get a deal approved".

As with every article, and every opinion put forward on here, it is about context, and that context, as ever, is DEAL or NO DEAL. If we have a deal then sterling will do better, if we don't it will plummet.

And don't worry, Gavyn will have made a ****ing fortune off of shorting the pound as I'm pretty sure he said he backed out of a number of his positions a few weeks ago.

If Shurlock is/was Gavyn Davies, then frankly that just adds further weight to his postings on here - if you have ever read any of his Guardian blogs (which I had to in the mid 00's when doing the statistics part of my degree) or any of his macro comments for the FT, then you will realise what a good mind he is.

Of course, he may not be.

In relation to the two posts above, they are written from different viewpoints, the top one written from a position of "Tories are going to take us down the no-deal route" which is what was originally thought, and the second on the position of "Boris will push ahead and get a deal approved".

As with every article, and every opinion put forward on here, it is about context, and that context, as ever, is DEAL or NO DEAL. If we have a deal then sterling will do better, if we don't it will plummet.

And don't worry, Gavyn will have made a ****ing fortune off of shorting the pound as I'm pretty sure he said he backed out of a number of his positions a few weeks ago.

Shorting the pound may make speculators money but to do so they cost the wealth of others. When the pound was under the cosh on Black Friday? all those years ago I could have made a bit but I couldn't do so as I felt it was morally wrong and costing the man in the street who were powerless. Davis is obviously a smart operator, but not always right. Shame he didnt give us a few tips when he was on here lol but of course he's not allowed to.

As for your earlier post re family, I now accept that you do regret your off the cuff remark, but you should have apologised at the time and were very reticent to do so. Perhaps in future you should refrain form bringing other members of posters families into your debate.

I'm surprised he hasn't seen that I've accepted his invite. As said, I want to discuss his conduct towards me and my family on Twitter.

Ahh the paranoia. Still getting pestered?

Odd as didn’t you say you blocked ‘me’?

Love one. Perhaps we can talk about the threats you made against my kids on Twitter then? I'll have one of them with me so you can tell her what you wanted to do to her to her face.

You are truly sick. Publish them you deranged fck.

You are truly sick. Publish them you deranged fck.

You know what you ****ing said about how nice my kids new school is (even though they're not at a new school). You trying to ****ing psyche me out on other media isn't ****ing happening, you weird ****.

You know what you said, don't try and ****ing pussy out on it now because you regret it. Own it.

You know what you ****ing said about how nice my kids new school is (even though they're not at a new school). You trying to ****ing psyche me out on other media isn't ****ing happening, you weird ****.

You know what you said, don't try and ****ing pussy out on it now because you regret it. Own it.

Watched Shutters Island you thick fck? I don’t actually believe anyone is even tweeting you.

You are a nasty piece of work.

I'm on Twitter but no one here has got a hope in hell of finding me. I've just looked up "unbelievable jeff" as a user and obviously there are loads of them. Where does one start with the stalking?

Pap got banned for far less than this libellous cnt.

I'm on Twitter but no one here has got a hope in hell of finding me. I've just looked up "unbelievable jeff" as a user and obviously there are loads of them. Where does one start with the stalking?

**** knows TBH, but a few people on here know me and follow me, and also on Sotonians, so I guess he's found out somehow. His following me around like a love starved puppy for the last 4 months and then comparing to my tweets? I dunno, but the obsession has got to extreme levels.

**** knows TBH, but a few people on here know me and follow me, and also on Sotonians, so I guess he's found out somehow. His following me around like a love starved puppy for the last 4 months and then comparing to my tweets? I dunno, but the obsession has got to extreme levels.

And yet no evidence coming from such a prolific narcissistic poster who is at pains to highlight such things, Blocked ‘me’, reported ‘me’ to Twitter. By sounds of stuff any normal person would go to the police.

Genuine question, do you guys talk like this to people in real life or are you just nasty to strangers when it's more distant and anonymous. I don't know any adults who act like this, but maybe I lead a sheltered life.

I find this whole whelk/unbelievable jeff ongoing row intriguing. I know neither of them in real life but one or the other is surely blatantly lying about these insults etc that are being bandied around. Does anyone have any ideas which one, is it both of them attention seeking or is it some sort of comedy duo that spice up a thread when they feel it's getting a bit stale?

I find this whole whelk/unbelievable jeff ongoing row intriguing. I know neither of them in real life but one or the other is surely blatantly lying about these insults etc that are being bandied around. Does anyone have any ideas which one, is it both of them attention seeking or is it some sort of comedy duo that spice up a thread when they feel it's getting a bit stale?

Admittedly I have a bias but hopes this helps.

I used to think Jeff was just a needy pretentious halfwit. I have revised that now spiteful fantasist.

He is probably behind any account he may have created on Twitter but has same avatar as me (don’t know if it was called Whelk).

Anyway dimboy is saying I am sending nasty messages to him about his family. Unless someone with fat too much time on their hands is masquerading as me. I assume this is bs. He said he blocked this but the insults keep coming - maybe clicked the wiring button.

Anyway Jeff like to show evidence but I have no idea who he is on Twitter but gains the fantasist thinks I would make some effort to track him. He thinks I have an obsession but actually he is such easy game as a very annoying self-righteous insecure poster. I can’t even remember getting too personal with him.

Oh and he loves babies, all babies they are all innocent you know.

Me? I have a lovely family a well paid responsible job, a resonable circle of interesting friends.

For my sins the saintsweb indulgence whilst wearing thin, am not able to resist having some digs. Kinda sport really.

So you conclude and tbh don’t care too much - sword of truth and all that but if true someone is finding him interesting and pestering on Twitter then he should go to Police. Although even with all my ‘enemies’ on here, and they are legion, I can not think of anyone who would threatening his family, not even Jonnyboy.

Hell hath no fury like an anonymous poster scorned and not going for a drink with him.

Phillip Hammond confirms that he will not be standing in the General Election. Good riddance. There is some real good coming from this Election already even before it is held, getting rid of the likes of him, Bercow, Letwin and other anti-democrat remoaner Brexit saboteurs who are not standing again.

Phillip Hammond confirms that he will not be standing in the General Election. Good riddance. There is some real good coming from this Election already even before it is held, getting rid of the likes of him, Bercow, Letwin and other anti-democrat remoaner Brexit saboteurs who are not standing again.

Good news for you hardliners Wes but not for those who prefer a Tory Party that doesn’t lurch too far to the right.

Good news for you hardliners Wes but not for those who prefer a Tory Party that doesn’t lurch too far to the right.

Quite a few big names departing, no doubt to be replaced as a candidate by some no-mark jingo peddler.

Not sure how their prospective constituents will react, but it will be interesting.

I'd lay money Whelk is full of ****. Appropriate avatar he has too. Don't know either of them mind.

Who cares what you think? You're not a Conservative, so there is no need for them to take any account of the likes of you who wouldn't vote for them anyway. You don't seem to have realised that it isn't so much about right and left anyway, regardless of your misunderstanding of what that means currently. This election will be heavily skewed by the stance of voters in the referendum, between Remoaners and Brexiteers as much as it is between left and right.

Who cares what you think? You're not a Conservative, so there is no need for them to take any account of the likes of you who wouldn't vote for them anyway. You don't seem to have realised that it isn't so much about right and left anyway, regardless of your misunderstanding of what that means currently. This election will be heavily skewed by the stance of voters in the referendum, between Remoaners and Brexiteers as much as it is between left and right.

To be fair, according to some on here, all brexiteers are right wing racist scum, so to them it's very much a left and right thing.

To be fair, according to some on here, all brexiteers are right wing racist scum, so to them it's very much a left and right thing.

It's a bit bizarre when you consider it has traditionally been the left wing politicians who were the Euro sceptics.

It's a bit bizarre when you consider it has traditionally been the left wing politicians who were the Euro sceptics.
They also hated Thatcher for her attitude towards the miners. Now they've gone all Extinction Rebellion. Imagine a policy by the Tories to re-open the mines and push for energy generation from coal at a similar level to Germany. All the lefties would be marching against employment for miners.

No wonder Trump got elected...

So you don’t think it is important for Tories to try and pick up votes from those in the centre of politics? You must be very confident that more people are moving to the right. Elections are won by picking up the floating voters. The Blairites don’t like Corbyn because they think he is too far to the left. The problem you will have is moving too far to the right for a lot of voters. I have voted for all three major parties over the years. By winning over people like me in numbers you win elections.

So you don’t think it is important for Tories to try and pick up votes from those in the centre of politics? You must be very confident that more people are moving to the right. Elections are won by picking up the floating voters. The Blairites don’t like Corbyn because they think he is too far to the left. The problem you will have is moving too far to the right for a lot of voters. I have voted for all three major parties over the years. By winning over people like me in numbers you win elections.

I'm assuming Wes won't be voting for Boris and his "surrender" deal anyway he will surely be team Farage all the way for the "Clean break Brexit" that he craves.

The Conservatives are fast becoming a weird political cult rather than a political party. True believers of Brexit are the only people admitted to the cult. They seem to be forgetting the middle of the road , floating voters who are not devout believers.

I think it is sad that a broad church is now the home of such zealots. Unfortunately the main opposition party is going the same way so the choice at this election is not easy for anyone who is in the middle.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction