The Gao Thread

sadoldgit

Red Bull Southampton, anyone?

If Hull couldn’t change from Hull City to Hull Tigers what makes you think Saints could change theirs?

Besides the league has changed since money was king - look at Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Manchester City and United etc, even West Ham are no longer the Boleyn club of old.

Interesting program on panorama tonight about China and how they operate. How to brainwash 1 million people. Shocking. Maybe that’s why the club have not uttered a single word of truth and Gao never bothered to address the fans since taking ownership, autocratic and oppressive tendencies.

So, if Gao is looking to sell, good riddance. As a fan mentioned in an article back in April relating to Gao’s restructuring of the club’s ownership (Questions back in April that still not been answered to the EPL by Gao and his associates), you don’t really want an oppressive government part owning your football club. Let alone a charlatan chairman whom hasn’t invested a penny yet stripped us to the bare bones and neglected & mismanaged the entire club throughout his tenure to the point of relegation and risked us further misfortune (fines and points deductions) by restructuring the ownership which potentially could have sealed our relegation. Other than the dark lord show name I hate to mention, this joker may have been as bad for our club as that arrogant idiot from the Cotswolds whom thought he was brilliant at everything, despite being a ‘power broker’ of abject failure as his recent conduct in the West Midlands political world had proven.

Interesting program on panorama tonight about China and how they operate. How to brainwash 1 million people. Shocking. Maybe that’s why the club have not uttered a single word of truth and Gao never bothered to address the fans since taking ownership, autocratic and oppressive tendencies.

So, if Gao is looking to sell, good riddance. As a fan mentioned in an article back in April relating to Gao’s restructuring of the club’s ownership (Questions back in April that still not been answered to the EPL by Gao and his associates), you don’t really want an oppressive government part owning your football club. Let alone a charlatan chairman whom hasn’t invested a penny yet stripped us to the bare bones and neglected & mismanaged the entire club throughout his tenure to the point of relegation and risked us further misfortune (fines and points deductions) by restructuring the ownership which potentially could have sealed our relegation. Other than the dark lord show name I hate to mention, this joker may have been as bad for our club as that arrogant idiot from the Cotswolds whom thought he was brilliant at everything, despite being a ‘power broker’ of abject failure as his recent conduct in the West Midlands political world had proven.

I bet you are the life and soul of every party you go to.....

Are you naturally this negative, or do you practice it? If you are really this upset with what is, or isn't happening at the club, go support Pompey. Then you really will be able to feel right at home moaning in the midst of a truly crap run club.

Are you naturally this negative, or do you practice it? If you are really this upset with what is, or isn't happening at the club, go support Pompey. Then you really will be able to feel right at home moaning in the midst of a truly crap run club.

He’s kind of right though isn’t he - and with respect just because he cares passionately about who is running our club doesn’t deserve to be told to go and support Pompey. We all care about Saints in different ways.

Besides that truly crap run club is owned by a billionaire outspending most of the league on player wages...

Shut up your weirdo. The club is in disarray, run by a bunch of prevaricating charlatans with no care for the club and contempt for the fan base (although not as bad as some of the weirdos on this website for reactions to dissident voices). I’ll treat that with the passion and contempt it deserves. It’s called caring and having standards and not tolerating idiots, like you for criticising someone for having an opinion. A proper fan won’t sit and passively accept it like some whimpering snowflake afraid to fade reality. Some people show emotion about it. Everyone is different. Of course, according to your bizarre mindset, the club probably need a high five. Change supporting your club because you’re unhappy with the management? Ridiculous suggestion. Grow up.

Saints played well Saturday and they looked good attacking and Ralph got the tactics right with pacey wingers jumping right on Arsenal dawdling from the back but I’m more concerned about going into the January transfer window and yet another lie seeing our club slip further into the doldrums after yet another broken promise, the DOF being appointed by. I left a long time

He’s kind of right though isn’t he - and with respect just because he cares passionately about who is running our club doesn’t deserve to be told to go and support Pompey. We all care about Saints in different ways.

Besides that truly crap run club is owned by a billionaire outspending most of the league on player wages...

Thank you. There’s a fair few posters of that ilk sadly but that hostile intolerance is common place locally. I have a basis for my frustration and I don’t ask you to like it whereas a lot of these kids get mad at anyone with a different opinion to theirs. They’ll hopefully grow out of it and learn to fire their anger in a more focused manner, including a calmer, more patronising response. Lol

Strange comment. What about the club are you happy with, currently?

We are just appointing a new DOF (Matt Crocker) so things are moving.

All I have read from Mr Mockles is moaning, moaning and more moaning about Gao. I just had enough of it, but yes, suggesting he goes and supports Pompey is probably a step too far. My apologies.

Gao is a problem, but that is going to change in the not too distant future.

That response is far too reasoned and mature for this place. Here you're supposed to doggedly stick to your argument no matter what ;)

Would love the Gao problem to be resolved in the short-term but can't see how it can be. Who would pay what he's asking? If the independent story is correct, he's been trying for 6 months to sell to no avail.

All I have read from Mr Mockles is moaning, moaning and more moaning about Gao. I just had enough of it, but yes, suggesting he goes and supports Pompey is probably a step too far. My apologies.

:suspicious:

That response is far too reasoned and mature for this place. Here you're supposed to doggedly stick to your argument no matter what ;)

Would love the Gao problem to be resolved in the short-term but can't see how it can be. Who would pay what he's asking? If the independent story is correct, he's been trying for 6 months to sell to no avail.

Who is to say that Mr Gao will get what he is asking, and we all know that something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. Matt Crocker would not be joining a regelation bound mess of a club with a dodgy owner, unless there was something bigger behind this.

Listen to the podcast on - (https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-zmi9v-c80e11) There's a clue in there if you listen very carefully.

Who is to say that Mr Gao will get what he is asking, and we all know that something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. Matt Crocker would not be joining a regelation bound mess of a club with a dodgy owner, unless there was something bigger behind this.

Listen to the podcast on - (https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-zmi9v-c80e11) There's a clue in there if you listen very carefully.

I really don’t have the time to listen. Any chance you can tell us? Cheers

Yes, Mr Hindsight. Today we have news and that's the first positive news relating to club management since Gao arrived aside from Ralph arriving.

Yes, I have moaned at length about Gao. Remind me of all the points of praise I am unfairly holding back?

Yes, Gao is a problem Mystic Meg and, on a Saints fan forum with a club sat at the foot of the table with one of the worst goal differences in the league, there is a danger of fans having a moan about the ownership and management of the club. Hell, there may even be a danger of a fan or two going off on one about it. Learn to deal with it or avoid social media. I'd much rather a forum of fans who vent an opinion, both good and bad, rather than a bunch of myopic fence sitters berating anyone with enough another passion to form an opinion different to their own. In case you hadn't noticed, Gao has contributed almost nothing to the well being of the club and has never even had the respect to address the fan base as to his intentions other than a series of meaningless platitudes orchestrated to pacify the more naive and gullible fans. That in itself is shameful. Patience only lasts so long.

Crocker is a good appointment. Perhaps he'll be able to poach some further recruits departing the FA upon Reed's arrival. If we can also get Buvac, that will be tremendously positive. Running a club isn't rocket science. It just requires some competence, finance and attention.

Gordon, I offered an apology but you seem to be intent on pushing things along so there isn't much I can do about that. So you assume that I am new to this forum thing? On here yes, but you know absolutely nothing about who I am or what I do.

The DOF appointment was always happening so no hindsight involved in that. You had just lost it with the club and no longer believed a word they said, but that was probably what a lot of people feel. Accuse the club of telling lies if you want but just because something doesn't happen in the time frame we would like, it doesn't mean it isn't happening or won't happen.

You don't know what Gao has, or hasn't done. Some people are reserved by nature and others are more outgoing. Maybe he is the former and has now realised that he has bitten off more than he can chew in buying 80% of the club but doesn't want to face it publicly. Whatever the reasons for his silence, you and I don't have the right to demand that he comes and talks to us. None of us own a percentage of the club so what obligation does he have to paying customers, which is all a modern day football fan is viewed as.

Yes Matt Crocker is a very good appointment, and there are going to be a lot of surprising things going on at Southampton FC this and next year.

Gordon, I offered an apology but you seem to be intent on pushing things along so there isn't much I can do about that. So you assume that I am new to this forum thing? On here yes, but you know absolutely nothing about who I am or what I do.

The DOF appointment was always happening so no hindsight involved in that. You had just lost it with the club and no longer believed a word they said, but that was probably what a lot of people feel. Accuse the club of telling lies if you want but just because something doesn't happen in the time frame we would like, it doesn't mean it isn't happening or won't happen.

You don't know what Gao has, or hasn't done. Some people are reserved by nature and others are more outgoing. Maybe he is the former and has now realised that he has bitten off more than he can chew in buying 80% of the club but doesn't want to face it publicly. Whatever the reasons for his silence, you and I don't have the right to demand that he comes and talks to us. None of us own a percentage of the club so what obligation does he have to paying customers, which is all a modern day football fan is viewed as.

Yes Matt Crocker is a very good appointment, and there are going to be a lot of surprising things going on at Southampton FC this and next year.

Pleasantly surprising??

:suspicious: :suspicious:

What podcast? The link just takes me to the app.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'm sure they will be surprised to be relegated.

Can someone take the time to listen and just let us know the relevant information. Can't be bothered to listen to all of that.

“Southampton are basically a red bull club”

Talk about josh sims and some analysts moving to NY RB and ya taking Ralph and playing a similar way to lipzig (well no ****, it’s the same manager)...

I’m not buying it (the Red Bull link) personally.

Talk about josh sims and some analysts moving to NY RB and ya taking Ralph and playing a similar way to lipzig (well no ****, it’s the same manager)...

Given the way football is now, wouldn't be the worse thing in the world. Probably won't happen but has to be better than under Gao.

Is that it? I listened to about 20 minute left and got bored.

Is that it? I listened to about 20 minute left and got bored.

Interesting, Nick Illingsworth (is he an official club PR man these days?) suggests: "Gao is investing in the infrastructure, the goal is to build a global brand and develop the land around St Mary's namely the waterfront"

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/250450/dont-believe-all-you-read-!/#9

Basically, this has been said since day 0, and nothing has happened to suggest this is even viable. He has no money.

And that shouldn't be his sole focus for ownership, it's about what's on the field. With him in charge, he doesn't give a ****.

Interesting, Nick Illingsworth (is he an official club PR man these days?) suggests: "Gao is investing in the infrastructure, the goal is to build a global brand and develop the land around St Mary's namely the waterfront"

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/250450/dont-believe-all-you-read-!/#9

A global brand :lol:

As for saying we have limited funds because we want to keep our cards close to our chest, that might be the case but it doesn’t explain why, in the past, we’ve often trailed transfer targets all over the media (think Walcott).

Lol. He's a laugh a minute.

Didn't some Pompey fans, I mean Paul Allen once say: "Southampton is a sleeping giant, a family-supported club with traditional values, and we see the value in taking the brand global."

Clearly there are a lot of staffing links between the RB clubs & SFC right now, which is somewhat interesting. Both parties are clearly utilizing relationships which is a smart thing to do for all concerned. However regarding RB owning or part owning the club, file under extremely unlikely.

1, As it stands we would be a bad investment for 200m.

2, Their main rival Monster became our official drink partner recently.

3, Redbull would not be allowed to reinvent the club as they have done with others. The F.A/P.L would not allow it and neither would the fans.

If RB were willing to significantly adapt their strategy for English football and it's history, then they would certainly be an interesting prospect to take over an English club....but there have been no credible links to this rumour at all.

i'm getting the impression not everyone believes Nick's claims.

Not one bit “global force” my arse.

I get the self sufficiency but we can’t compete with the promoted clubs at the moment and fallen behind the middle tiers like Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton, Wolves, Palace and that hurts.

Recruitment,tactics and coaching need fixing but I’m not sure we can stay up with this squad without 2 or 3 quality experienced prem players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Global Force" went out the window (well, was never actually on) when Krueger suddenly back-tracked us from US conquerors to "small club".

Just to confirm I have never bought into that we are a small to medium club that occasionally kicks the big boys arse but will never join them and am ok with that as long as we compete.

Eh, Marco !

Yes, Luca?

Did you ear about Sow-hamp-ton?

No whata appen?

They gotta new Nandos and a cupla benches by Northam shore!

Well ****a me sideways! They will be known the world over now!

I had a great dinner at Nandos, tucked behind the bright and shiny new cinema and casino on Sunderland High Street and the banks of the River Wear after an EFL cup tie a few years back. Think there was a Frankie and Benny's too. Some vision and would be a proper statement, if Goa was up to the challenge.

Edited by shurlock

Just to confirm I have never bought into that we are a small to medium club that occasionally kicks the big boys arse but will never join them and am ok with that as long as we compete.

I see us as a medium-sized club in a medium-sized city with potential to occasionally trouble the upper third of the PL. Much like how it's been over the past several years. We're also quite capable in the current state to get relegated!