2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

None went our way today so we are still stuck in 12th. Need to beat Wolves on Saturday and keep plugging away.

I'll take a few more weeks of Burnley and Norwich losing before I start getting too bullish about Europe.

Form is temporary. It was temporary when we lost 5 out of 6 home games and it is now we're beating 3 out of the top 5 teams. If we beat Wolves and get above 30 points in January, I'll believe we're pretty much safe.

i wouldn't bet against us going up to Anfield and spoiling their season with a win undoubtely they have won the league this season but wouldn't it be great if we were the team,to smash the myth that they are invincible like Arsenal were back in the day, the with the way we are playing currently you can see us getting a result and also Ings has something to prove against them too and he can play the game this season too as he's not on loan

Norwich?

22 games played, 16 games left... Saints have 28 points, Norwich 14 points! They will struggle to get to our current points total, let alone surpass it!

I'll be honest, I hadn't even noticed they had so few points. Was thinking they were on about 18/19 but yeah, they're gone with 14.

A draw in tomorrow's early game and City giving Villa an absolute rogering would round the weekend off nicely.

Best away day I've been to in years, maybe one of the best ever. It's incredible to concede and feel confident we'll get back into it.

Quick shout-out to the Leicester fans who didn't sing once for about 10 minutes at the end of the first half. Lovely to shut them up.

Like to see Bournemouth go down, not keen on their attitude as a club.

Them and West Ham too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the way they have coped so far with PL, no stupid spending. I also like Eddie Howe. But a contingent of their fan base irritates me immensely: ideas well above the reality of their situation.

I think this will be a season too far for them and they'll go down. Then lose Howe and vanish without trace.

Also would love to see West Ham go down to see their entitlement fans and worshipers in the media have a meltdown. And to get that awful stadium off the rota.

Sadly I think Norwich are getting close to nailed-on for one place. A pity. It's a good weekend away.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

I like the way they have coped so far with PL, no stupid spending. I also like Eddie Howe. But a contingent of their fan base irritates me immensely: ideas well above the reality of their situation.

I think this will be a season too far for them and they'll go down. Then lose Howe and vanish without trace.

Also would love to see West Ham go down to see their entitlement fans and worshipers in the media have a meltdown. And to get that awful stadium off the rota.

Sadly I think Norwich are getting close to nailed-on for one place. A pity. It's a good weekend away.

Agree with all of that analysis.

Norwich a decent modest outfit with no arrogant pretensions, they’ll go down, but they are a yoyo club par excellence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bournemouth look almost as bad as pre-revival us.
Was just thinking that. Once they're behind, they don't look to have any confidence that they can get back into it. Just like we were three months ago.

Shows how much we've advanced: yesterday, playing away, we were behind to a top team who thrashed us recently, but fought back convincingly.

They have Norwich, Brighton, Villa and Burnley in 4 of their next 5 league games. If they don't get much from that they'll be down before we play them.
Do they still have players to come back from injury? Think they had something like nine out?

Their injuries have hit them hard. We've been fortunate in that respect, if we had half a dozen of the current 1st team out we would struggle if the Huddersfield game was anything to go by. But one shot on target all game at home does not bode well for them, and a resurgent Watford would not be the opposition you'd chose at the moment if I were them. Still they're only 3 points away from "safety" so not down yet.