Che Adams

Mr X

Che will have learnt more from that 17 minutes against Leicester than he would in 90 minutes against Sheffield Wednesday. There's no way he should go out on loan, he needs to keep plugging away at this level playing with higher quality players

This. Mad to loan him out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Che will have learnt more from that 17 minutes against Leicester than he would in 90 minutes against Sheffield Wednesday. There's no way he should go out on loan, he needs to keep plugging away at this level playing with higher quality players

I agree. Chatting with friends pre match put me on the straight & narrow. I retract what I said last night. Bielsa remains one of the best managers in the world and Che would learn but he won’t get a start as Bielsa prefers to play with one on top. Che is best served staying with us & being used as he is. Being part of the team and wanted by the manager is also crucial, mentally. He was good against Chelsea and provided an assist in his short time of the pitch today. Green shoots of improvement and development.

He’s going to come good. Patience pays off. The forum experts want Harry Kane mark 2 right now. They’ll be “happy to be proved wrong” later...

Equally there are fools who blindly stay loyal to payers who aren’t up to it. The good guys.

I’m undecided on Adams.

People gloating about not writing Stephens off but he was sh1t many times and if people couldn’t see it then they don’t have a great take on the game. Of course Ralph saw more than most and that is seemingly paying off now.

Equally there are fools who blindly stay loyal to payers who aren’t up to it. The good guys.

I’m undecided on Adams.

People gloating about not writing Stephens off but he was sh1t many times and if people couldn’t see it then they don’t have a great take on the game. Of course Ralph saw more than most and that is seemingly paying off now.

Those people weren't staying that Stephens wasn't ****, they were saying he had some good attributes but was mistake prone and young. A back four suits him better, he has developed an understanding with Bednarek and he is benifitting from better protection.

Anyway even if everyone agreed in him being **** the fact he has turned it around it still a lesson in patience, as is sticking with Ralph. Adams contribution yesterday was good, set up the second goal and out of nothing created the opportunity for the Remond Ings 2 on 1 at the the end. Like you I'm happy to wait and see.

Agreed. Yesterday proved that Ralph is quite right in his assessment when asked about the possibility of Adams being loaned out that he needs him and he has a part to play in our squad this season. It’s too early to say if he will ultimately be a success in this league but yesterday he showed enough again to think he has a chance. There would be no real purpose in loaning him back to a championship club anyway as he’s already proved he can do it at that level. Keep using him as we are now as a useful backup to Long and Ings.

At the moment he dosen't quite look up to it, but the last 2 months have taught us that patience sometimes pays off. RH should continue to give him chances, unfortunately for him Long is playing very well at the moment and deserves to start games. To loan him out would be a mistake and would benefit no-one. If he gets a few 20 minute cameos and the odd start he may do well. He has one of the best strikers in the country at the moment to learn from as well, and whilst he won't be as mobile as Ings, he's a big powerful lad and could give defenders different problems. A few good touches and an assist yesterday will give him encouragement.

I think rather than writing him off, most fans are dying to see him succeed.

Phil Hay, very well connected Leeds correspondent of The Athletic today:

Hasenhuttl wants Adams to stay, saying on Friday that Southampton would “need him in the second half of the season”, but The Athletic understands Southampton’s hierarchy are more open to letting Adams go, for a loan fee of £1 million and an obligation to sign Adams permanently for more than £10 million at the end of the season. Leeds are ready to meet those demands and Adams, who is keen to take the move to Elland Road, has been considering forcing the issue himself by informing Hasenhuttl of his desire to leave.

Leeds knows the risks of internal club politics having lost Dan James to infighting at Swansea City in the last January window but they are persisting with Adams and, in a technical sense, the striker would be a very neat fit. Bielsa thought the same about Nketiah but in the end, the system Leeds use and the pressure their formation places on his centre forward accentuated Nketiah’s weaknesses.

Hasenhuttl wants Adams to stay, saying on Friday that Southampton would “need him in the second half of the season”, but The Athletic understands Southampton’s hierarchy are more open to letting Adams go, for a loan fee of £1 million and an obligation to sign Adams permanently for more than £10 million at the end of the season. Leeds are ready to meet those demands and Adams, who is keen to take the move to Elland Road, has been considering forcing the issue himself by informing Hasenhuttl of his desire to leave.

Leeds knows the risks of internal club politics having lost Dan James to infighting at Swansea City in the last January window but they are persisting with Adams and, in a technical sense, the striker would be a very neat fit. Bielsa thought the same about Nketiah but in the end, the system Leeds use and the pressure their formation places on his centre forward accentuated Nketiah’s weaknesses.

Dunno why we would let him go for less than we signed him for, he has been fine this season, I could buy a loan but the selling permanently seems weird to me, especially for a loss. Unless we have another forward lined up who we rate higher.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

If the club override Hasenhuttl in this scenario, that sounds like a sure fire way to unsettle our best Manager in years.

Adams is obviously improving, unless they have something very special in the fire, we would be daft to sell him especially at a loss.

He’s well connected on the Leeds side, but I doubt the validity of this. Would we sell him at a loss against the manager’s wishes? If we sell, I would imagine it’s obligation for the full £15m we paid at least (less loan fee potentially)

He’s well connected on the Leeds side, but I doubt the validity of this. Would we sell him at a loss against the manager’s wishes? If we sell, I would imagine it’s obligation for the full £15m we paid at least (less loan fee potentially)

It might not be a loss. The £15m it is reported for Saints might include payments for appearances and goals, so if he is sold Saints wouldn't pay Birmingham the full £15m.

Dunno why we would let him go for less than we signed him for, he has been fine this season, I could buy a loan but the selling permanently seems weird to me, especially for a loss. Unless we have another forward lined up who we rate higher.

Exactly this. WTF would we be happy to take a loss of circa 3 or 4 million?

It might not be a loss. The £15m it is reported for Saints might include payments for appearances and goals, so if he is sold Saints wouldn't pay Birmingham the full £15m.

Still though, if you sign a young player, the player plays well in a new league, and the manager rates them it is weird to sell when not making a profit.

On the assumption that the fee Leeds are paying us doesn’t include the same etc

The suggestion Adams wants the move isn't good, he's only been here a few months. You'd have thought he'd have wanted to stay and develop.

If we let him go on loan going by past form we wont replace him and then ings will be injured within weeks.

Matt Crocker is yet to start isnt he? The current 'heirachy' is temporary so why upset the manager?

Don't buy that for 1 minute!

Hay is extremely well connected at Leeds so there’s no reason to not believe him. I do wonder if they’re feeding him the ‘oh we’re really really trying’ line to appease the fans when they don’t sign him though. Straight out the Saints catalogue.

I will pretty disappointed if we let him go. he has shown signs of improvement.

He set up a goal and also his clever flick to set Nathan off to set up Ings chance at the end.

Same here. Also RH said he wants him here for the remainder of the season. The board should support him if they want to keep RH.

Hay is extremely well connected at Leeds so there’s no reason to not believe him. I do wonder if they’re feeding him the ‘oh we’re really really trying’ line to appease the fans when they don’t sign him though. Straight out the Saints catalogue.

Which it could well be as most leeds fans hate Raddzini as he wont spend anything, he's relying on getting to epl with what he has

I dont see how we can let him go or indeed anyone to be honest, all hands to the pump is very much needed.
Well I would assume if we let him go then we would replace him in some manner.

The more confusing part of the whole thing would be the idea that Ralph doesn't want to let him go but the board may sanction it.

That goes against everything they portrayed at the fans forum about working closely and effectively with Ralph.

Nothing would totally shock me with our "hierarchy" (not sure who would be making this kind of decision at present by the way?).

But I don't really buy this story. Apart from anything else, would Leeds be offering Adams the wages that he is on at Saints? Players don't normally choose to move on to a club in a lower division so soon after signing a lucrative deal in the prem (albeit to a club with a great chance of promotion). And he still has a great chance of making it at Saints with the potential of Long moving on at end of season when his contract ends.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Isn't Long's contract up at the end of the season? Che only has to wait 6 months and he'll be a sure-fire starter, I'd've thought.
Maybe the club see Obafemi as the future partner to Ings. It has been pointed out before that we prefer to play with one more central striker who can pass, hold up, and score a load of goals (Ings/Adams) and one quick, athletic striker who can drift all over the place, run the channels, and basically make a nuisance of himself drawing men off the man in the middle (Long/obafemi).

I hope we keep Che, signs recently that he’s an asset for us, but if we do let him go, I hope it’s for a similar amount than we signed him for, and we would definitely need a replacement as we play 2 up front. Unless the club expect big things from N’Lundulu but I’d rather not risk it, especially having gotten ourselves into a decent position.

Maybe the club have a big name striker lined up that will surprise us all...

At Birmingham he was THE target man we all know Premier league is different gravy with a slightly different approach needed. In the last few games when used he doesn’t seem to be playing with the weight of having to score a goal on his shoulders, it’s like as Ralph said about having to polish Obafemi, seems like Adams is going through the same process.

In the Chelsea game on Obafemis goal you watch him subtly sliding the Chelsea defender backwards to open the door wider for Obafemi to curl it in but also anticipating the pass or ready to pounce on any spillage, v Huddersfield no pressure to press on and score but spotting the availability of Vokins with space and the ability to ping it out to him. Then Saturday knowing where Ings was, managing to dig the ball out from under his feet for a crisp pass to exactly where he knew Ings wanted and needed it.

Be madness to loan him out as the pressure to score seems to have been removed and he is seeming making a better contribution to the team when asked as a result - with the weight of the expectation lifted he might well relax stroke one home and be off on a run.

He might eventually score, but he's never going to be a top premiership striker. If getting rid of him means we have funds to buy a full back or centre back then sell him.

I'm all for giving people a chance, but I'd rather give a chance to a new defender that we could buy with the proceeds.

(I always had my doubts about when we had absolutely no competition for his signature from other Premiership clubs.)

At Birmingham he was THE target man we all know Premier league is different gravy with a slightly different approach needed. In the last few games when used he doesn’t seem to be playing with the weight of having to score a goal on his shoulders, it’s like as Ralph said about having to polish Obafemi, seems like Adams is going through the same process.

In the Chelsea game on Obafemis goal you watch him subtly sliding the Chelsea defender backwards to open the door wider for Obafemi to curl it in but also anticipating the pass or ready to pounce on any spillage, v Huddersfield no pressure to press on and score but spotting the availability of Vokins with space and the ability to ping it out to him. Then Saturday knowing where Ings was, managing to dig the ball out from under his feet for a crisp pass to exactly where he knew Ings wanted and needed it.

Be madness to loan him out as the pressure to score seems to have been removed and he is seeming making a better contribution to the team when asked as a result - with the weight of the expectation lifted he might well relax stroke one home and be off on a run.

Wasn’t that Lukas Jutkiewicz? I thought Che often played off him.

And the back heel to Redmond before his layoff to Ings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I noticed. It was magnificent. 17 minutes and he does that, setting up a chance that was only stopped by a magnificent save, and on top of that he assists the winning goal with a lovely pass that he needed to put his body into an awkward position to make at pace.

He shouldn't go anywhere on loan. And I don't think he will.

Since a couple posters questioned a sadio mane performance in 2014 it now seems that honest assessments are outlawed or feared.

It's OK to call it as you see it and if he does go on to improve then great.

However just now he's scored 0 and assisted 2 in the league. Did we expect more YES

Squeezing out every little inch of potential promise doesn't change the fact that SO FAR overall he's been underwhelming

Even he would admit that and even Sadio Mane would agree

Those people weren't staying that Stephens wasn't ****, they were saying he had some good attributes but was mistake prone and young. A back four suits him better, he has developed an understanding with Bednarek and he is benifitting from better protection.

Anyway even if everyone agreed in him being **** the fact he has turned it around it still a lesson in patience, as is sticking with Ralph. Adams contribution yesterday was good, set up the second goal and out of nothing created the opportunity for the Remond Ings 2 on 1 at the the end. Like you I'm happy to wait and see.

I understand what you are saying with regards Jack Stephens but i always thought the 1/2 season he played in place of VVD alongside Yoshida he did pretty well. I think its just taken time to get up to speed and build his confidence under a better manager.

That's what I noticed. It was magnificent. 17 minutes and he does that, setting up a chance that was only stopped by a magnificent save, and on top of that he assists the winning goal with a lovely pass that he needed to put his body into an awkward position to make at pace.

He shouldn't go anywhere on loan. And I don't think he will.

i watched that backheel a few times and couldnt work out whether it was or was deflection of the defender although Id give him the benefit of the doubt. Either way im happy to watch him grow into a premier league player over time.

Pretty clear there is a big interest from the Leeds end and a chance for Saints to get our money back if we would like to.

Will be interesting to see how it develops. Although would also be costly for us to replace him, which would be a must.

At the end of the day, whatever happens, I just hope Ralph is in agreement about it.

Few updates on here: https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Basically sounds like they want an option to buy, whereas we're insisting on a obligation to buy, (£1m loan fee + £10m transfer fee in the summer). Think thats an absolute bargain for them if I'm honest...be interesting to see what happens, if they agree the obligation...

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

1h

Adams is in the Southampton squad. Came on at weekend. So if he goes Southampton will need to replace him. And the means even more financial pain in ONE part of their squad. Would be easier if Leeds bought him outright. But ...

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

50m

With a £1m loan fee to pay for it? That’s the point. It costs THEM fortunes to loan out somebody.

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

48m

Spent 15-16 on Adams last summer. So that’s already a loss on the position if you loan. Then it gets even bigger to buy or loan a replacement. It’s a MASSIVE amount of cash.

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

42m

If Southampton knew 10m was definitely coming ...

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

38m

Yes. Can they do that though?

Quote Tweet

Josh

@superleedsmacca

· 41m

Replying to @reluctantnicko

Basically if leeds oblige to pay regardless of promotion. Instead of a promtion clause?

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

46m

The full time move is not guaranteed. If it was ... different story.

Quote Tweet

Brighterbeat

@EastStandL29

· 47m

Replying to @reluctantnicko

Yet the board are willing to do the deal on a £1m loan fee plus a future transfer fee of £10m (and I'm assuming they know their own finances)?

George Lindley

@GJLindley

Replying to

@reluctantnicko

So basically you’re saying you can’t see it happening?

This doesn't make any sense for either the club or Adams, I'd be massively surprised. Okay so he hasn't done it yet, what did we think we were getting for £15m? He's just come up from the Championship, into a team which has struggled up until a month ago. He needs time and confidence.

What on Earth is selling him for a loss after 6 months supposed to achieve? What other goal scorer are we getting for £15m? Perhaps we can stick the £10m on a 4-1 horse, then we'd have enough to buy a guaranteed goal scorer like Sebastian Haller or Cenk Tosun. Why would Adams go there, so he can dream of playing in the Premier League next season?