Britain's Next Top Prime Minister - Labour Leadership Election 2020.

CB Fry

Anyway Wes, this thread is supposed to be about the a Labour leadership, can we get back on topic?

A) I have criticised Yoshida for ages.

B) What does the fact that I think that he isn’t a great Premier league player got to do with racism?

C) Please tell me you are joking.

Why are you so protective of racists? You are the same with Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson too. Anyone would think you were an alt right supporter. Who have I called a racist?

Are Yoshida, Katie Hopkins & Tommy Robinson (not his real name) running for labour leader.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've barely mentioned either of them, you're the one who keeps referring to them (that's the third time you've brought them up this year so far.) it's a really bizarre obsession you have with them.

Whenever I have had a pop at them you usually pitch up to defend them. You spend a lot of time defending people of a far right persuasion. Got any names of people I have called a racist yet? You are in danger of becoming more like poor old Batman who has finally lost the plot.

Whenever I have had a pop at them you usually pitch up to defend them. You spend a lot of time defending people of a far right persuasion. Got any names of people I have called a racist yet? You are in danger of becoming more like poor old Batman who has finally lost the plot.
As usual you're talking complete bilge. I barely know who Katie Hopkins is, I haven't uttered her name outside of this forum since she was on celebrity big brother about ten years ago. I barely gave her a second thought till you brought her up on here. You seem intent in bringing her up on multiple occasions. Like I said it's a bit weird.

970bda9cf0cfb1575dc6e2deb34b5a37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you secretly fantasise about Angela Raynor sitting on your face or something - just like you fantasised about Anna Soubry sticking a finger up your bum? Your obsession with female opposition politicians is a bit odd pal.

Do you secretly fantasise about Angela Raynor sitting on your face or something - just like you fantasised about Anna Soubry sticking a finger up your bum? Your obsession with female opposition politicians is a bit odd pal.
I'd be alright with the rayner one tbf.

In other news, long-Bailey is the front runner in the latest poll. Could end Labour for a generation...

Those two share a flat in London . I think that is where his fantasies start....

Of course, that’s the way to win back all those seats. Elect the bloke responsible for the Brexit policy, a knighted metropolitan liberal from London. The establishment man. Yes, that’ll do it.

He's better than long-Bailey though. They should elect Nandy but they won't because they are idiots.

Of course, that’s the way to win back all those seats. Elect the bloke responsible for the Brexit policy, a knighted metropolitan liberal from London. The establishment man. Yes, that’ll do it.

Being that a metropolitan establishment man from London is the current Prime Minister and was also Prime Minister 2010-6 (and countless times before that) then it's hardly the worst idea in the world.

Being that a metropolitan establishment man from London is the current Prime Minister and was also Prime Minister 2010-6 (and countless times before that) then it's hardly the worst idea in the world.

Exactly. To stand any chance of winning an election Labour need someone who can appeal to middle England. Wether Starmer can do that remains to be seen but it’s no point choosing a leader just to try and win the votes of a load of northern monkeys in their traditional strongholds. Simply by not being Corbyn he should be able to win those back.

I would’ve thought having a co ck would be quite the draw for you?

Exactly. To stand any chance of winning an election Labour need someone who can appeal to middle England. Wether Starmer can do that remains to be seen but it’s no point choosing a leader just to try and win the votes of a load of northern monkeys in their traditional strongholds. Simply by not being Corbyn he should be able to win those back.

Still don’t get it do you?

Funny how liberal “right on” modern lefties are so dismissive of the working man. “Northern monkeys” lol...If you think they’ll just come back, you’re profoundly mistaken. It’ll be Scotland with bells on.

Without Scotland, Northern Monkeys & Labour heartlands in the midlands, they’ve no hope. “Vote labour get Sturgeon “ will put “middle England” off, so you’re left with metropolitan pinkos that voted Tory because of Corbyn as his gains. If that equates to anywhere near the seats needed to win, then my co ck’s a carrot.

10 more years of Tory rule coming, by which time I’d have retired. Safe in the knowledge that in my 50 year working life, I only saw 2 labour PM’s. Although poorer thanks to one of them ****ing up our pensions, the 1980 school leavers were pretty damn lucky.

Funny how liberal “right on” modern lefties are so dismissive of the working man. “Northern monkeys” lol...If you think they’ll just come back, you’re profoundly mistaken. It’ll be Scotland with bells on.

Without Scotland, Northern Monkeys & Labour heartlands in the midlands, they’ve no hope. “Vote labour get Sturgeon “ will put “middle England” off, so you’re left with metropolitan pinkos that voted Tory because of Corbyn as his gains. If that equates to anywhere near the seats needed to win, then my co ck’s a carrot.

10 more years of Tory rule coming, by which time I’d have retired. Safe in the knowledge that in my 50 year working life, I only saw 2 labour PM’s. Although poorer thanks to one of them ****ing up our pensions, the 1980 school leavers were pretty damn lucky.

Calm down old man. It’s pretty much impossible to predict the outcome of an election in 5 years time. Everything depends on what happens with Brexit, if it’s a success the Tories will walk it regardless of what Labour do. If it has any sort of negative effect on people’s lives then the party that screamed “just get it done” will look like a bunch of fools.

Yeah because you haven't benefited from any Labour policies from before that time throughout your life. :rolleyes:

Yeah because you haven't benefited from any Labour policies from before that time throughout your life. :rolleyes:

I put my hands up and admit that I benefited quite a bit from Labour policies further back from that period. When inflation hit 27% under Dennis Healey as Chancellor, I had taken out my first mortgage and the high inflation and rising house prices allowed me to borrow to the maximum to step up the housing ladder quickly, with the value of those early mortgage payments decreasing quickly. Unfortunately for Labour, although it was good for those borrowing, it was a disaster for those with savings or fixed incomes such as pensions.

Calm down old man. It’s pretty much impossible to predict the outcome of an election in 5 years time. Everything depends on what happens with Brexit, if it’s a success the Tories will walk it regardless of what Labour do. If it has any sort of negative effect on people’s lives then the party that screamed “just get it done” will look like a bunch of fools.

As much as I want and expect to see Johnson cock up Brexit part of me is hoping that it is a success. I have three children in their early 20’s, 2 in uni and 1 graduated last year and if the Tories continue to make a pigs ear of running the UK as they have done for the last decade I fear for their futures.

I put my hands up and admit that I benefited quite a bit from Labour policies further back from that period. When inflation hit 27% under Dennis Healey as Chancellor, I had taken out my first mortgage and the high inflation and rising house prices allowed me to borrow to the maximum to step up the housing ladder quickly, with the value of those early mortgage payments decreasing quickly. Unfortunately for Labour, although it was good for those borrowing, it was a disaster for those with savings or fixed incomes such as pensions.

We’ll also benefit from retirement as labour are great for middle class benefits. There’s more chance of going to the moon in a shoe box them then abolishing winter fuel allowance, free bus travel or tv licences for wealthy pensioners. I’d imagine they’ll also throw a few more bribes our way in the next 10 years, maybe free train travel, internet or home care . Work under the Tories, retire under labour, that’ll do me.

We’ll also benefit from retirement as labour are great for middle class benefits. There’s more chance of going to the moon in a shoe box them then abolishing winter fuel allowance, free bus travel or tv licences for wealthy pensioners. I’d imagine they’ll also throw a few more bribes our way in the next 10 years, maybe free train travel, internet or home care . Work under the Tories, retire under labour, that’ll do me.

As much as those bribes to the elderly seem attractive, I recognise that a Marxist Corbynist government would probably in short order produce higher unemployment and massively higher inflation than any previous Labour government. Many pensioners wouldn't have the strength to push the wheelbarrows of worthless bank notes around. :lol:

I see these top labour candidates are being pressured into agreeing to pledges about abortion. The 5th "pledge" is the particularly interesting one about making misogyny a hate crime. Ah yes because that wouldn't be roundly abused by the usual suspects. Terrifying but thankfully these buffoons won't be grabbing power any time soon.

Who’d have thought a Tory would unashamedly display an I’m alright Jack attitude. Do you have any kids or grandkids Duckie?

So let’s get this right. Wanting my retirement under a labour Government is displaying an “I’m alright jack” attitude. Your post also implies that such an outcome will be bad for my kids and grandchildren. Holding these views it does seem rather strange that you voted for labour at the last election. But I guess a month is a long time in the life of a “floating voter”

Last night Question Time came from Liverpool. Liverpool returned more Labour MPs than Tories. Because of the current political landscape they selection more Tory supporters in the audience. WTF? Here’s a thought BBC. If you don’t want to be accused of biased, when selecting audiences for Question Time why not select a cross section of views for balance rather than load it in favour of one party?

So let’s get this right. Wanting my retirement under a labour Government is displaying an “I’m alright jack” attitude. Your post also implies that such an outcome will be bad for my kids and grandchildren. Holding these views it does seem rather strange that you voted for labour at the last election. But I guess a month is a long time in the life of a “floating voter”

You seem to have a problem with the term floating voter. I have never belonged to a political party. I have voted for all 3 major political parties over the years since 1972. At the last election I still wasn’t sure who I was going to vote for (apart from not voting for your party) as I was walking to the polling station. I know that you will struggle with this as you clearly would have voted Tory whilst in the womb if you could.

Last night Question Time came from Liverpool. Liverpool returned more Labour MPs than Tories. Because of the current political landscape they selection more Tory supporters in the audience. WTF? Here’s a thought BBC. If you don’t want to be accused of biased, when selecting audiences for Question Time why not select a cross section of views for balance rather than load it in favour of one party?

What a load of pony

What a load of pony

So you think it is perfectly ok to have a biased audience (which ever way that bias is loaded?). They don’t just let people in. They go out of their way to load the audience. Instead of just saying pony, perhaps you would like to tell us why this is ok?

So you think it is perfectly ok to have a biased audience (which ever way that bias is loaded?). They don’t just let people in. They go out of their way to load the audience. Instead of just saying pony, perhaps you would like to tell us why this is ok?
They had the mad intersectional feminist professor banging on about white male privilege and I'm guessing she was almost certainly a labour supporter so it's not like the looney left were barred from questions.

As much as I want and expect to see Johnson cock up Brexit part of me is hoping that it is a success. I have three children in their early 20’s, 2 in uni and 1 graduated last year and if the Tories continue to make a pigs ear of running the UK as they have done for the last decade I fear for their futures.

I also have 3 children - one in her early 40’s, one in her early 30s and one in his late 20s. Amazingly in spite of the Tories making such a c*ck up of running the country for the last decade they are all doing very nicely thank you, as I suspect your own kids are.

I fully expect this country to go from strength to strength after Brexit - so FFS cheer up.

One is working in a shop because she can’t get a job using her degree. Two are worried about their student debt and what they are going to do when they leave uni. If you think that starting out life heavily in debt (even before you get involved with a mortgage) is “doing nicely” then yes.

I also have 3 children - one in her early 40’s, one in her early 30s and one in his late 20s. Amazingly in spite of the Tories making such a c*ck up of running the country for the last decade they are all doing very nicely thank you, as I suspect your own kids are.

I fully expect this country to go from strength to strength after Brexit - so FFS cheer up.

A Trader's kids are doing well? There's a surprise.

One is working in a shop because she can’t get a job using her degree. Two are worried about their student debt and what they are going to do when they leave uni. If you think that starting out life heavily in debt (even before you get involved with a mortgage) is “doing nicely” then yes.

Surely there's a responsibility on the shoulders of the parents to give sensible advice to their children, especially when it comes to finances and debt?

I don't think I can be any clearer with my daughter and further education. If she decides to follow a career that 'needs' a degree to enter into it - doctor, lawyer, vet, etc - then she will have my full support to obtain the qualifications necessary. If she decides to go to uni for the sake of going to uni and getting some no mark degree in business studies or economics or media with no real plan or career goal for using the degree, then she will have to live with the burden of what will frankly be a pointless debt.

Equally I have advised her to seriously consider a career path that has a solid apprenticeship route to achieve the same qualifications as attending uni - earn while you learn is a no-brainer surely?

I don't think I can be any clearer with my daughter and further education. If she decides to follow a career that 'needs' a degree to enter into it - doctor, lawyer, vet, etc - then she will have my full support to obtain the qualifications necessary. If she decides to go to uni for the sake of going to uni and getting some no mark degree in business studies or economics or media with no real plan or career goal for using the degree, then she will have to live with the burden of what will frankly be a pointless debt.

Equally I have advised her to seriously consider a career path that has a solid apprenticeship route to achieve the same qualifications as attending uni - earn while you learn is a no-brainer surely?

Sound advice Weston, but ultimately it is up to them. Of the 4 A Level geography students I am currently tutoring two are uni bound, one is looking for an apprenticeship in accountancy and the other is looking at to start his own business. Our daughter is currently doing her PGCE training to become a secondary geography teacher. I am pleased to see her using her degree even if the apple hasn’t fallen far from the tree. She’s entirely accepting of the financial consequences of her three years at uni, although the current course is supported by a bursary equivalent to that of a stating teacher and does not add to her student loan commitments.

Also why would only part of you want brexit to be a success? Surely it is in everyone's interest for brexit to be successful unless your sad hatred for Boris is stronger than your desire to see the country be successful. Its like the saddos in America who would rather see the country burn than Trump be even mildly successful.