Saints Fan in at Number 11

Hatch

didnt know that. Hopefully he puts a massive tax surcharge on anything with the name of Portsmouth in
How about a retrospective claw back of all taxes evaded by football clubs in Portsmouth anytime over the last, say, 12 years?

That said, the current football club that plays at fratton park is only 8 years old so not sure if he'll be able to enact this policy for a certain football club that evaded millions in tax but no longer exists...

Edited by trousers

Thats the real story. An unelected advisor is now effectively dictating who can be a minister.

Correct, Sunak's a puppet. He toed the line and parrotted the 'get Brexit done', 'Level up' catchphrases well enough during the election campaign to demonstrate that he is a nicely pliable character who will do exactly what he is told by Cummings.

Remember - Fascism arrives as your friend.

I missed the bit about him being a Saints fan but...

"Sunak married Akshata Murthy, the daughter of Indian billionaire"

I wonder if his father-in-law wants to buy a football club? :p

Best idea on the forum in ages. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rupert Lowe was associated with saints and in "politics" and is the most vile piece of sh*t I've ever had the misfortune to see.

This guy is associated with Boris, Cummings and all those other pr*cks, so couldn't care less if he's from Southampton.

Nice to see the tolerant and loving left wading into the discussion. A different kind of politics from them.

Looks like some of them are still struggling to come to terms with the election result, or accept the majority in this country didn’t want a loony like Corbyn in power.

Saints related note, hopefully he can be of use to the club somehow (or at the very least the city), most public money for the region seems to be absorbed by the deprived PO post code who get lots of investment for regeneration.

Saints related note, hopefully he can be of use to the club somehow (or at the very least the city), most public money for the region seems to be absorbed by the deprived PO post code who get lots of investment for regeneration.

Unlikely. The thinking is that Javid got the chop because he was unwilling to support higher government spending on levelling up poorer areas and regions. If anything, this appointment means more, not less money for postcodes like PO.

Edited by shurlock

Looks like some of them are still struggling to come to terms with the election result, or accept the majority in this country didn’t want a loony like Corbyn in power.

Why do you think anyone who hates Johnson is (a) a lefty or (B) likes or supports Corbyn. The majority of the electorate did not vote for NeoTories, just like the majority of the electorate did not vote for Brexit.

Why do you think anyone who hates Johnson is (a) a lefty or (B) likes or supports Corbyn. The majority of the electorate did not vote for NeoTories, just like the majority of the electorate did not vote for Brexit.
The level of vitriol being flung at someone for merely being associated with a high profile Conservative and terms like "NeoTories" tends to mark someone out as being from the left if not a Corbynite. In my experience, moderates tend to sound slightly more reasonable.

No stories about gender neutral sausage rolls or alike for you to rage about today?
I don't recall any rage from myself about silly things like that. I did get a bit upset about the mass rape of underage girls though but that's something most sane people would feel emotion over. Maybe ask yourself why you don't appear to care so much about it.

I don’t know to be honest mate, would rather they scrapped HS2 and spent a fraction of the money sorting out the more strategically important Wessex route, fed up with engineering work affecting away days.

The majority of points this season haven’t been scored by Liverpool, clearly they don’t deserve to win the league.

I don't recall any rage from myself about silly things like that. I did get a bit upset about the mass rape of underage girls though but that's something most sane people would feel emotion over. Maybe ask yourself why you don't appear to care so much about it.

So you’re just on commission for how many times you can talk about gender and identity politics and shoehorn it into a conversation? You must be raking it in pal :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Actually the Majority of the Country did not want Boris either and after a few years most will not want the lying Boris either - I wonder who paid for his holiday

So you’re just on commission for how many times you can talk about gender and identity politics and shoehorn it into a conversation? You must be raking it in pal [emoji38]
You're the one bringing it up in this totally unrelated topic for some reason. I mentioned it in the Labour leadership thread because it was the main news item about the Labour leadership yesterday. Not exactly shoehorning talking about Labour leadership candidates in a thread about the Labour leadership. Maybe just stick to replying to comments in the actual thread they are made rather than irrelevant comments dragged in about other topics? Edited by hypochondriac