Hojbjerg: Official - Signs for Spurs

ecuk268

Players don't usually change Agent for anything other than trying to get a good move.

No coincidence that this change happened shortly before lots of media stories about teams interested in him.

Also, can barely think of a Saints player who has signed a new contract having run it down to a year to go. Every other example like Clyne and Wanyama has seemingly been a strategy to force the club into a sale.

I doubt this will be any different.

Would be a big loss though, he is our captain, his style fits perfectly to Hasenhuttl's system and our recent record of replacing key players is dreadful. Also is a message to others in the squad that you can do better than Saints.

Or a better contract offer. Although I do expect that he’ll leave. Not that I’d be too disappointed.

Hmmmmmm "Possession Won" what it doesn't say is having won the ball more often than not its suddenly turned into a Baked Spud just out of the oven or a Grenade with the pin out ....................I will add less so since Villa away.

Be good to see him put the For Sale signs up by rattling in some goals instead of trying to knock Mrs Miggins false teeth out having smashed the ball into her chops up in row BB

Yep, he's rubbish hence why he's the first name on Ralph's team sheet and the team captain that is (apparently) wanted by clubs 'better' than Southampton. But, huh, what do they all know!

He’s not top 6 club level so the “big move” if it was in this country would be what? Everton or Wolves maybe.

Cant see the big boys wanting him for the kind of money the club would want.

Maybe Ralph is preparing us with his “Smallbone is the future” quote in the Echo

This is why a.) He is perfect for our system and b.) Other teams will want him.

Possession won in the defensive third: 94 (6th)

Possession won in the midfield third: 137 (1st)

Possession won in the attacking third: 22 (=2nd)

[emoji2093] Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg has been everywhere for @SouthamptonFC this season! #SaintsFC

Trotting slowly back to defend after losing the ball: 276 (1st)

Number of touches needed to bring the ball under control: 7 (1st)

Over hit passes to players in space, giving away possession: 354 (1st)

(FWIW I don't mind him but he's really got some work to do on his game before he's ready to consistently play for a much better team than us)

I never understand why people run down our players. People really do have unrealistic expecations. He is ferociously passionate when he plays for us and is a player probably marginally above our level. Maybe if people got behind him he might stay and give even more.

Why is it unrealistic to expect a professional footballer who came from Bayern Munich remember to be able to pass a ball?

I like PEH but let’s be honest, he’s nowhere near as good as Morgan was and in that bad run we had back in Oct/Nov he was by and large woeful. Thankfully he has improved in the last couple of months.

Hooefully he will stay because I’m not confident the club would spend the money to get anyone better which in itself is a sad reflection of where we are under this current owner.

Hooefully he will stay because I’m not confident the club would spend the money to get anyone better which in itself is a sad reflection of where we are under this current owner.

Not sure we can blame Gao for poor player recruitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never understand why people run down our players. People really do have unrealistic expecations. He is ferociously passionate when he plays for us and is a player probably marginally above our level. Maybe if people got behind him he might stay and give even more.
Its a defence mechansim I think.

Hojbjerg is a good player, and the stats show clearly his best attributes.

He has experience of playing at a massive club, with superstar players so don't think anything would bother him.

If he does go, as long as its done well I would wish him success.

Obviously would prefer to keep him - he would be a big loss and anyone suggesting otherwise is just wrong.

He's a good pro looking to develop his career. Good luck to him, he gives his all in every game. Cannot ask more than that.

We cannot expect lifelong loyalty from players, when the club wouldn't hesitate to dump them (and fans turn on them) if their form dropped.

We've had good value from him. Happy if he stays but not a disaster if he leaves.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hojbjerg played an important role in Crocker's appointment?

Odd if true.

As for his contract, I believe Ralph said he won't talk about it until we have 36 points but no chance that we have let PEH's contract go down to what it is and haven't at any stage in the last year discussed a new one with him. It would be neglient if true.

Semantics of offered vs discussed...if you discuss it and a player says they won't commit then you probably don't bother with an official offer.

PEH will be gone in the summer, £30m I reckon. We'd have been talking with him for the last year I reckon, so the fact it's got to this stage and he's still not sure screams volumes to me.

Spurs will probably come calling again in the summer, he will be added to the defectors list and we can use the £30m to extend longs contract until 2049

PEH will be gone in the summer, £30m I reckon. We'd have been talking with him for the last year I reckon, so the fact it's got to this stage and he's still not sure screams volumes to me.

Spurs will probably come calling again in the summer, he will be added to the defectors list and we can use the £30m to extend longs contract until 2049

Will smallbone is better anyway

Anyone think he’s good enough for Spurs?

He’s decent but I can’t see him starting ahead of Winks, Sissoko or Ndombele.

Could see him at Everton.

Ndombele is a better Clasie - can't play nearly 90mins at PL intensity and Mourinho often takes the **** out of him for it.

Sissoko better further forward or out wide IMO.

Hojbjerg has a lot going for him: good character, rarely injured, can play 90mins 3 times a week at high intensity, goos experience at a big club and still young. Plenty to work with and for £35m its chicken feed for the likes of Spurs or Everton, plus a double your money deal for PEH - easy to see why it appeals.

Anyone think he’s good enough for Spurs?

He’s decent but I can’t see him starting ahead of Winks, Sissoko or Ndombele.

Could see him at Everton.

Agreed. Really don’t see him as a huge loss, don’t think his level is much more above us.

The bigger issue will be if our recruitment team are remotely capable of signing a replacement. There are a number of players out there who could do the job, but I have no faith in our competency to fill the gap.

Ndombele is a better Clasie - can't play nearly 90mins at PL intensity and Mourinho often takes the **** out of him for it.

I'm not a big PEH fan, gives the ball away too cheaply too often, but if this clip is anything to go by, Ndombele isn't much of a defensive midfielder

Let’s be fair, he’s still only 24, playing in a very open team. I think he’s been superb the last few seasons, but if he won’t sign the contract he it makes sense to sell him this summer for £30m or so.

Would easily get into both Spurs or Everton’s teams IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've given up caring about players leaving saints **** happens.

Players leaving isn't the issue players leave clubs all the time. The issue is getting in capable replacements in the same postion...Something saints have struggled with for some time.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

SWF Madness.

Agreed. Utter madness. If he leaves, it will be on the cheap. Its almost like our fans think that there is a wealth of premier league standard box to box midfielders out there for us to sign at cheap prices... If there is, we've done a terrible job tapping into the market since Morgan left...

When fans start wishing one of our better calibre players (and captain) leaves (and not for a good price), you really have to question the sanity of this forum.

He's turd, and there's plenty of players out there who can do a better job for a fraction of the price.

That said, our hopes of identifying and signing one of those players rest on our scouting team, so...... :uhoh:

Who would you suggest?

Who would you suggest?

Well, someone who would offer true protection to allow our more dynamic midfielders to do their thing. Not some odd-job, fist-pumping plodder.

Wanyama would have been my choice, FWIW. Still only 28, too. He's not become an awful player overnight.

FWIW, Arne Maier.

Well, someone who would offer true protection to allow our more dynamic midfielders to do their thing. Not some odd-job, fist-pumping plodder.

Wanyama would have been my choice, FWIW. Still only 28, too. He's not become an awful player overnight.

FWIW, Arne Maier.

His knees have gone after serious injuries, so yes he is a very different player now... hence going to Montreal Impact on a free transfer.

FWIW, Arne Maier.

No, he's become a cripple over three years.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Hojbjerg: Official - Signs for Spurs