Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

It was a 21 year old footballer in a global pandemic lockdown posting on social media to his mate. How exactly would an agent benefit from being involved from telling Valery to post such a thing?
But who picked up this innocent Instagram exchange and made a story of it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I have it on good authority that Saints are expecting a difficult and probably quiet window. Priority is obviously a RB.

Of the players out on loan, they expect it to be hard to move any on, especially post Covid. Forster could still have a role. Lemina frustrates as his ability is recognised but his attitude, workrate and consistency don't fit with Ralph's philosophy.

I have it on good authority that Saints are expecting a difficult and probably quiet window. Priority is obviously a RB.

Of the players out on loan, they expect it to be hard to move any on, especially post Covid. Forster could still have a role. Lemina frustrates as his ability is recognised but his attitude, workrate and consistency don't fit with Ralph's philosophy.

So a pretty normal one then.

Does that mean, priority is a RB that isn't KWP ?

Does that mean, priority is a RB that isn't KWP ?
I get that impression. But no-one has really seen him play. Suggestions that there's a shortlist of about 16 which may well include him.

Edited by Shroppie

Not surprised. Will be interesting to see if the market is more muted overall. Top priority is moving Gao on and achieving new ownership. Clean the club again, unite the fanbase, fresh start. Hope we keep Ralph, best manager we could have in the circumstances.

Not surprised. Will be interesting to see if the market is more muted overall. Top priority is moving Gao on and achieving new ownership. Clean the club again, unite the fanbase, fresh start. Hope we keep Ralph, best manager we could have in the circumstances.

Sorry, typo, meant clean it out, all of the scouting and back room team, get rid of Kreuger/Reed stuff and Ralph have his own team

I don't get the impression Gao is going anywhere.

I don't get the impression Gao is going anywhere.

Not enough loan money has churned through the club yet clearly to sources he can access. It will feel like SFC again when he has gone although dread to think what mess he will leave behind.

• 2 weeks later...
He doesn't give Zeefuik...

[video=youtube;zBR5CpE-mBg]

Interesting but watching that I thought he'd probably cause a few interruptions to games for refs to review VAR on some of his challenges, and end up with a few reds in the EPL especially against the protected species, Liverpool, Manc Utd etc.

Confirmed at the end though, 73 appearances, 19 yellow cards, and 2 reds.

Good wild kicking out at 3.08.

Interesting but watching that I thought he'd probably cause a few interruptions to games for refs to review VAR on some of his challenges, and end up with a few reds in the EPL especially against the protected species, Liverpool, Manc Utd etc.

Confirmed at the end though, 73 appearances, 19 yellow cards, and 2 reds.

Good wild kicking out at 3.08.

I thought that. I’m not sure a video like that is a good one to judge how good someone is to be honest. Whilst a meaty tackle makes for a good watch, it would suggest he’s either out of position a lot or not tight enough to his man.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/11977794/southampton-keen-on-eintracht-frankfurts-evan-ndicka

This guy is good, which means we probably won’t get him.

Article also suggests we like Malang Sarr at Nice and Mohammed Salisu at Real Valladolid.

It's good though that we are looking to crack on with our transfer plans during this current pandemic.

It's good though that we are looking to crack on with our transfer plans during this current pandemic.

Or:

It's good though that some often unreliable sources are writing that we are looking to crack on with our transfer plans during this current pandemic.

Hope they're correct that we are actively planning to recruit but we all know that this speculation leads to disappointment in normal times so I won't get my hopes up.

Interesting that we are being linked to strikers.

Gianlica Scamacca who is 21 and we were first linked with aged 16 so there may be some truth to it.

Shon Wiessman, 24yo Israeli Wolsfberger striker who has a goal a game this season.

We only need 4 strikers so signing one would mean a departure. Long has seemingly been offered an extension but nothing has been announced. Obafemi is an obvious one to keep given he is a.) cheap b.) Academy produced and c.) not likely to expect to start all the time.

Therefore would seem like Adams is the most vunerable, especially if we were to get a big offer from Leeds who seem to love him.

Unless of course the striker links have no substance.

Interesting that we are being linked to strikers.

Gianlica Scamacca who is 21 and we were first linked with aged 16 so there may be some truth to it.

Shon Wiessman, 24yo Israeli Wolsfberger striker who has a goal a game this season.

We only need 4 strikers so signing one would mean a departure. Long has seemingly been offered an extension but nothing has been announced. Obafemi is an obvious one to keep given he is a.) cheap b.) Academy produced and c.) not likely to expect to start all the time.

Therefore would seem like Adams is the most vunerable, especially if we were to get a big offer from Leeds who seem to love him.

Unless of course the striker links have no substance.

Has there been any link to him from a 'reliable' media source ?

As for Adams I suspect Leeds might be a bit more ambitious in their target once promoted.

Milot Rashica of Bremen linked.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-southampton-transfer-battle-bremen-

But also linked with Liverpool and Leipzig, so would have thought we'd likely be third choice, although he may of course see us as a stepping stone.

I really like his showreel.

Obviously he can dribble, but he seems to strikes the ball well and gets his head up to pick a man out with a cross. If you had to make a decision only based on youtube video then its a yes from me.

Anyone actually watched him at Bremen? He played for Vitesse in the UEFA game against us, but I don't remember anyone in their side other than Izzy Brown.

Obviously he can dribble, but he seems to strikes the ball well and gets his head up to pick a man out with a cross. If you had to make a decision only based on youtube video then its a yes from me.

Anyone actually watched him at Bremen? He played for Vitesse in the UEFA game against us, but I don't remember anyone in their side other than Izzy Brown.

We won't sign him in a million years but anyway, good analysis here : https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/milot-rashica-201920-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

This is the sort of signing our self proclaimed scouting network, recruitment team, and Black Box should have picked up before he left Vitesse. Problem over recent years though is that Saints (or at least Les and the Lesbians) were too busy giving interviews and self-indulging in believing their own hype.

We are now linked with names from the Bundesliga that German clubs have brought in for nominal sums. They have 'out-Les'd' Les.

Reed and Wilson, What a pair.

So lets get things said, clubs say they are trainning in smaller groups and even in isolation,but its a contact sport ,going up for headers the perperation from each player surley is its self cause to stop playing?

Earlier this week B.H.A. have reported a member of their playing staff has tested positive.Give Liverpool the title by default promote all current leaders to thier next level and next season relegate 4 teams instead of 3 to even back out the ammount of teams for each league.

Will the players refrain from spitting on the pitch or stop spitting out water when theve had enough ?...too many risks to think about at the moment i hope its concluded sensibly.

So lets get things said, clubs say they are trainning in smaller groups and even in isolation,but its a contact sport ,going up for headers the perperation from each player surley is its self cause to stop playing?

Earlier this week B.H.A. have reported a member of their playing staff has tested positive.Give Liverpool the title by default promote all current leaders to thier next level and next season relegate 4 teams instead of 3 to even back out the ammount of teams for each league.

Will the players refrain from spitting on the pitch or stop spitting out water when theve had enough ?...too many risks to think about at the moment i hope its concluded sensibly.

Same thing applies in Germany and Spain, so if they go ahead and play, I don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t.

This is the sort of signing our self proclaimed scouting network, recruitment team, and Black Box should have picked up before he left Vitesse. Problem over recent years though is that Saints (or at least Les and the Lesbians) were too busy giving interviews and self-indulging in believing their own hype.

We are now linked with names from the Bundesliga that German clubs have brought in for nominal sums. They have 'out-Les'd' Les.

Reed and Wilson, What a pair.

Spot on. We should be picking these players up before they head to one of Europe's big four leagues. By the time they have a couple of good seasons in Germany, Italy or Spain, they're already out of our price range.

Reims President Jean-Pierre Caillot on Axel Disasi:

"He has little chance of going to Spain. We have more interesting offers from other leagues, I suggest that you read the foreign press and specifically the English (press)."

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/reims-president-caillot-on-axel-disasi-we-have-interesting-offers-from-other-leagues-i-advise-you-to-read-the-english-press/

So we apparently declined a offer for 19 million, but now would listen to offers of around 10 million.

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/che-adams-available-knockdown-transfer-18248918.amp

IIRC the board accepted the board but Ralph didn't want to sell and blocked it. Wonder what the change of heart is? I thought he looked good in his first few games but you could clearly see the longer he went without a goal the more his confidence drained. If one of those early chances had gone in it may have been very different.

IIRC the board accepted the board but Ralph didn't want to sell and blocked it. Wonder what the change of heart is? I thought he looked good in his first few games but you could clearly see the longer he went without a goal the more his confidence drained. If one of those early chances had gone in it may have been very different.

We made our bed in January, then, and on it we must lie. I think your summary is correct. Ralph wanted to keep him then. Maybe the new DoF has convinced him he can bring in another striker if we sell Adams now. Frustrating to have lost £10M revenue from sales. But I think there will be a lot more. Vestegaard - Leicester offered us a huge sum that I would have taken. But we kept him. Another one where I think we will sell low now.

We made our bed in January, then, and on it we must lie. I think your summary is correct. Ralph wanted to keep him then. Maybe the new DoF has convinced him he can bring in another striker if we sell Adams now. Frustrating to have lost £10M revenue from sales. But I think there will be a lot more. Vestegaard - Leicester offered us a huge sum that I would have taken. But we kept him. Another one where I think we will sell low now.

Don't think it was the wrong decision in January to keep either Adams or Vestergaard as we have a limited squad, in terms of both numbers and quality, although if given the choice I may have kept Yoshida ahead of Vestergaard. Adams I'd persevere with for another season, I think there is possibly a player in there whose confidence needs a boost, unless of course we have a) a decent offer, b) a decent replacement.

On the topic of DoF, wonder how long before the recruitment role is filled.