Saint Simeon...?

Oh! No! Not another bl...y 'poser'. Pleas enlighten me.. "What can he do that Ricky dosen't?" WE NEED a 'Central Midfielde' as we've already got quite a number of excellent forwards.

Perhaps you should look on it that while we have him scoring goals for US, he isn't scoring goals against US.

And I have been saying that i still think HCDAJFU.

Perhaps you should look on it that while we have him scoring goals for US, he isn't scoring goals against US.

And I have been saying that i still think HCDAJFU.

can we get anyone better is the question I'm asking myself.

I think it is important people remember we are still in league one....

From the clips shown on here he does not look so bad. Looks very fast. Scored some goals in a dire team. If we put him into our team he would get more chances and probably score more goals. He has fast pace, he lookslike he has good ball control in those clips as a lot of the goals he took it around the keeper or defenders. He can score with headers. Looks like a player with a bit of potential. Our team is in desperate need of pace and he looks lightning fast.

People are saying why not get Papa or Antonio. Maybe Reading wanted to keep Antonio and Papa didn't want to move to us? We assume that because they have not signed it must be our decision that they are not here. We live in the age of player power. The day's of agreeing a fee and expecting the deal to me done are long gone.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2/2179041/ShowPost.aspx#2179041

A bit more digging and Norwich fans are debating a cancelled medical for Jackson. About the time of our 'interest' being made public. All of which points to us (probably) signing a striker who doesn't appear on any post or in the HCDAJFU thread.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2/2179041/ShowPost.aspx#2179041

A bit more digging and Norwich fans are debating a cancelled medical for Jackson. About the time of our 'interest' being made public. All of which points to us (probably) signing a striker who doesn't appear on any post or in the HCDAJFU thread.

They're also saying it's a done deal for 750k and one of their players going to Gillingham.

".......... but Jackson looks a near-cert to depart Priestfield without playing another League game.

Conspicuous by his absence from both Gills lineups this weekend, it would appear the club are protecting him from the possibility of a deal-breaking pre-season injury.

Southampton are the latest club to be linked with Gillingham’s top scorer, with suggestions of a bid in the region of £750,000 being made. Millwall have had a long-standing interest in the player, as have Queens Park Rangers, but that was three managers ago. Norwich have reportedly had a £500,000 bid turned down, while Plymouth have also been weighing up a bid for the player.

With the season fast approaching it would seem the best option for Hessenthaler would be to encourage the Jackson sale to go through quickly in order for him to bring in the player or players he wants and needs to replace him....."

;-)

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2/2181344/ShowPost.aspx#2181344

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6258973,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Looking like we're going to miss out on this one (if we were ever in for him that is!). Gonna have to make do with just Tyson and Danns this week now.

I see huddersfield are trying to sign Steve Howard from leicester for 300k i would rather spend the money on him as a back up to Lambert rather than get a similar player to Barnard and Connelly.

On another note Huddersfield are building a good side and if they do sign Howard i think they will be our main contenders for the title

I see huddersfield are trying to sign Steve Howard from leicester for 300k i would rather spend the money on him as a back up to Lambert rather than get a similar player to Barnard and Connelly.

On another note Huddersfield are building a good side and if they do sign Howard i think they will be our main contenders for the title

£300k for a 34 year old is just silly. :)

just bben told that Jacko has set off to join the Norwich squad on their pre-season tour of Germany. quite disappointed tbh as I have previously witnessed first hand how he can come out of nowhere to grab a goal. Best was a final minute winner when they beat Shrewsbury in the L2 play off which turned out to that bloke Granyt Holt's last appearance for the Shrews, the Gills back line didn't let Holt get a sniff and Jacko nicked his goal from a corner in a frantic melle of players..as a short arse his leap was pretty impressive and meant I could get home for last orders.

In other (rumour) news our old boy Chris Perry has met with Hess to discuss a contract at Priestfield, would be a great servant in L2 imho but maybe CP could still do a job at a higher level?

I dont think we need him!! Connolly sounds like he's gonna remin fit (fingers crossed) and barnard is there two, jackson is a similar player to both of them...need another big striker like Rickie if you ask me...

the gills site had a press release all prepped apparently for mid-day today.

something may have interupted proceedings perhaps.

just speculation but i heard a rumour that he doesn't want to go to norwich due to their being not much to do in the area. scally wants the cash for him and this would be the best time to come in with a slightky higher offer than them and snatch him. come on nicola, get on it.

Would he be good enough for us though hammy ?? What with Connelly and Barnard both vying for a spot, i would also hazard a guess that DC was told he is firmly within AP's plans or else i would have thought he would have gone elsewhere.

IMO we need a replacement for Lambert because he is a lynchpin to the sort of tactics that we and AP like to play at the moment, unfortunately it is long ball but hey ho, it works.

I just think the money we would spend on him could be better spent in other areas, for example getting a quick wide man that could also play upfront as we had last season.

Just IMO of course.