Leicester 1-2 Southampton - Reaction

Wes Tender

From Build-up thread:

"There is no reason for Ralph to change anything, we're buzzing along nicely. Keep the settled team and play our way. Bugger the 0-9, this will be a new day and a new game. The past is the past, stay focused on the present. Don't be surprised if we beat them 2-1"

There you go chaps don't usually call it right but never say never aye?mI was not surprised at all, we should have scored five!

Absolutely magnificent - all of them. Deserved win and on another day we would have had 5 or 6.

Stephens continues to be a revelation - his pass in the 2nd half Beckenbauer/MLT would have been proud of.

Great assist from Adams for the winner. Totally entertaining game - no longer feel nervous defending a lead with a few minutes left.

What has happened to this team - as bad as we were for most of the season we are absolutely magnificent now and playing top 4 football and lovely to watch.

Long may it continue!

Absolutely magnificent - all of them. Deserved win and on another day we would have had 5 or 6.

Stephens continues to be a revelation - his pass in the 2nd half Beckenbauer/MLT would have been proud of.

Great assist from Adams for the winner. Totally entertaining game - no longer feel nervous defending a lead with a few minutes left.

What has happened to this team - as bad as we were for most of the season we are absolutely magnificent now and playing top 4 football and lovely to watch.

Long may it continue!

Leicester only had 5-6 shots.. I think 3 of them were world class saves by McCarthy. Thank f()ck he’s now recognised by most as a decent GK by most rational saints fans. Still a few weirdos who rate gunn and Forster though. :-/

2 times the woodwork

2 cleared off the line

Missed 3 one on ones

Had decent penalty shout denied

We deserved it big time. Defence down well considering it was one of the tougher tests in the PL. with the exception of Hojberg, who was once again utterly dump, they were excellent.

Amazing turnaround - and to think of the dropped points we had before we embarked on this little run...!

Won 5 and drawn 1 of the last 6 - when was the last time we had a run like this?

With Wolves (h), Palace (a) and Boro\Spurs (h) to come who's to say we can't win the lot.

I don't know what Ralph put in the tea at St Marys just before Xmas but can we have some more please? This is nothing like the team we had on the 25th October 2019.....

Without doubt the most satisfying result of the season for me after the 9-0. We have tuned into a proper team, fair play to Ralph. Ings and VAR fighting it out for player of the year.

Absolutely the most satisfying win of the season. Ings, Cedric and McCarthy all brilliant. Cedric's recent performances have been mighty.

Fully deserved win. Excellent performances all round. Really can't pick a MoM as they were all superb. Fully expect Lineker to bemoan VAR and say how hard done by Leicester were on MotD tonight.Well done Ralph and the coaches for turning us around.

F**k me... it’ll be really nice if people could just enjoy the win without the need to try and point score over other posters and who was right about some player being rubbish or amazing. Get a life and go outside ffs!

Level on points with the Arse at the mo as well!

never in doubt. Always knew we would be fine :uhoh:

awesome result and great performance. We could have had 6 ourselves. Some daft misses and brilliant saves by Schmiechel.

Ings is f-ing amazing.

Shouts to JwP, Stephens, Cedric, Armstrong and....Adams, thought he was very tidy in his cameo appearance.

We are a proper team again with a proper identity.....Well done Ralph!!!

awesome result and great performance. We could have had 6 ourselves. Some daft misses and brilliant saves by Schmiechel.

Ings is f-ing amazing.

Shouts to JwP, Stephens, Cedric, Armstrong and....Adams, thought he was very tidy in his cameo appearance.

All of this and more, we are a bloody good side at moment

Ings is f-ing amazing.

You could even say we're looking like a top 10 team... #madness ;)

What a win- slowly all these players becoming heroes and long may it continue!

I just wanna say Adams at the end when he gave a free kick away went over to stop the quick one- the one little thing I noticed which had we done for their first goal may not have conceded.

However it was a deserved win- Wolves at home next and Palace away afterwards- 4/6 pts wouldn’t go amiss :)

I had landed in the sack him camp. I'm so happy to be proved wrong. Please try to get a grip on your spite.
Me too most people were calling for his head after the 9-0! Happy to be proved wrong l! however there's still work to do if we went on a bad run we could get dragged back into it let's not get complacent but all credit to Raplh & the team & Kitzbichler in particular

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Wow, just wow!

Brilliant performance and a well deserved win. Revenge is sweet!

And for the record Derry, we had 42% possession!

That just proves that we did a lot of attacking. The higher the possession the more passive our offensive game. A great win, it could have been a rout. Everybody put in a shift and we got the result.

Now the negatives, Hojbjerg playing passes without looking and giving the ball away. The prat who gave the foul away and instead of taking possession of the ball or passing it back to their GK he just left the ball to Perez who put Vardy in for their goal with a quick free kick. Not the first time, we have to be ruthless.

Edited by derry

Well, wouldn’t have predicted that walking home in the rain after seeing us ship 9, it’s a funny old game. What an amazing response from the players and manager since then. Great to watch, especially away from home and seem to be finally getting a bit of luck too. Also think a massive factor has been finally finding our best formation and not chopping and changing all the time.

Both my boy’s teams won too - a perfect day!

Our best performance of the season I'd say, great game to watch, chances either end 2nd half. Difficult to pick a MOM but Long was immense today as was Ings. Do those two ever stop running, tremendous fitness and commitment, We need fear no-one at the moment playing like this (except Liverpool maybe). RH deserves great credit for our rise from the 0-9 nadir to this. We outplayed Leicester for most of the game, not many teams will go to the King Power and dominate them as we did today.

Well done lads !

A couple of months ago it seemed like Hassenhutl himself was having a crisis of confidence over tactics and team selection; he's clearly come through that now and will be so much stronger for it, and so will the players!

Loved the anecdote from the commentator saying that Leicester were playing the 9-0 highlights with commentary on repeat while we were warming up. I was telling everyone at work all day we would get something here, noone believed me - could see it in the players eyes recently.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Get the f*** in.

Ings ran himself into the ground - MotM

One of our best 90 mins of the season.

Even though we're still only 6 points off relegation, surely our top 4 form banishes all thoughts of that now? (Without getting complacent of course)

8 points and would take a hell of a turnaround in form from us (downwards) and those below us to turn that around.

But what a result, looking forward to MOTD tonight.

Garth Crooks on the BBC doing his best to acting as a Spurs recruitment agent saying that Ings should move clubs and how Saints are a staging post for players to move to bigger clubs

Garth Crooks is a professional moron, always has been....

BBC website is wrong. How on earth that could be determined to be offside even with technology is incredible. This is where VAR has to improve and marginals have to go to the attacking side. Ridiculous.

The BBC are only reporting what happened which is that VAR determined that Long was offside. I expect that will be debated elsewhere.

Three more wins and we should be safe but if we can carry on like this even Europe could be a possibility. Or is that the Kiss of a Death? :(