Lambert joins Liverpool

JxgrSaint

Very strange move if true, why would Pool who I presume are going for the title next year be looking at a player at the end of his career?

Still if true then all the best to Rickie, been one of our best signings ever - couldn't begrudge him a final pay day and he'll get a warm welcome at SMS whatever happens.

So that would leave us with what, a crocked player, a kid and a want-away Italian?

Are we doing a total football 4-6-0 formation?

:scared:

He's better than Aspas, their 4th striker.

Not sure it's that bad a deal for us really. Last chance we were going to get any money for him and we can go out and (hopefully) get a younger replacement. Chuffed for Rickie, getting a dream move. Liverpool get a good striker to come play the Sheringham role. We lose a good striker and obviously a legend so on the face of it, it's a blow, but in terms of pure business, it's probably not that bad a move.

Still not convinced it's true mind.

Really cannot see how they can spin this.

The funny thing is that halfway through the season when Sir Rickie was labouring I wouldn't have been surprised to have seen him sold. He rallied at the end of the season but JRod and Lallana had a lot to do with that. He is in extra time with his career and is in a hurry but why do this now.

Rodgers is mad, you have Suarez, Sturridge, Stirling and probably a whole crop of youngsters coming through... and you buy a 32 year old striker from a team that finished below you.

Hope Rickie enjoys cup games...

Perhaps we have a new manager but not yet revealed and he is agreeing to sell

everything our success was built on......

;)

Seriously thought we had moved on to new level where we dont sell all our best players

but it seems as though we are just like we were at the dell...where we had no choice...

Fastly becoming a laughing stock in media and with other fans...

Don't lie. Your 'speculation' (which you only ever present as fact) is purely about you, not real events. Whether football or otherwise, it's just the panic and anger of a very frustrated and nervous man.

Oh, well. If it makes you feel better to blame me..

I much prefered it when Cortese was here

Agreed. I couldn't give a flying fig if we have striped shirts, certain ex-players were liked by Cortese or books are stocked in the club shop. This summer is going to be horrendous by the looks of it.

I hope its true. The guy has been an absolute colossus for Saints. Putting aside whatever is going on at our club, Lambert to Liverpool is his dream move and would be a second lot of icing on the cake (after his World Cup call up) for his astounding rise through the ranks. Good luck to him. There is no one more deserving.

As much as I'd love Rickie to end his career here, I have to agree with this. If anyone deserves a 'fairytale' end to his career its Lambo. Saints legend.

For Sir Ricky I am happy, his career will have gone full circle and would be the icing on the cake. For me though this would be worse than losing Lallana or Shaw. I wanted Ricky to retire with us, I wanted him to win a proper trophy with us.

This whole thing is like a slow motion car crash, I am just clinging on to the hope that this is a Twitter wind up but I know in reality it is probably going to happen anyway.

Gutted, just gutted

Very strange move if true, why would Pool who I presume are going for the title next year be looking at a player at the end of his career?

Still if true then all the best to Rickie, been one of our best signings ever - couldn't begrudge him a final pay day and he'll get a warm welcome at SMS whatever happens.

So that would leave us with what, a crocked player, a kid and a want-away Italian?

Are we doing a total football 4-6-0 formation?

:scared:

Didn't Spain win the last world cup with that formation?

Not sure it's that bad a deal for us really. Last chance we were going to get any money for him and we can go out and (hopefully) get a younger replacement. Chuffed for Rickie, getting a dream move. Liverpool get a good striker to come play the Sheringham role. We lose a good striker and obviously a legend so on the face of it, it's a blow, but in terms of pure business, it's probably not that bad a move.

How is 4 million not a bad deal? It's pathetic considering what he represents to this club.

How is 4 million not a bad deal? It's pathetic considering what he represents to this club.

with rodriguez out and Osvaldo clearly not wanting to be here

it is going to cost £20m to replace what lambert brings to the team.

even then, we probably wont get that right

I have been pretty relaxed about all this gossip, but am now starting to get worried.

In fairness I could not criticise Rickie leaving for Liverpool. It's his boyhood club. The fee us a worry though. £9m - Great, £4m - Average.

Who could we get to replace him? That's the real worry.

Clearly not true IMO. If it was 4m would be a terrible deal. We lose a key 1st xi player for tiny fee for which we'd never be able to buy a player of similar calibre. Add ons for a 32 yr old are a meaningless joke.

Exactly. Even if he was only good for another season he is still worth £4m to us. Pathetic how we are selling him. Absolutely pathetic. One of the worse things the new Board could do in the circumstance - not having a Manager, stating 24hrs ago no players would be sold until we had a new Manager, talk of respecting the club and the fans etc. And then they do this. They would just appear as bare faced liars and a lot of trust and goodwill would be lost.

Its not the fact that we are selling Rickie although he will be a big blow, its the fact

that ti seems that the successful team/squad from last year is being dismantled..

As a fan it is hard to watch it again like we used to in the dell days

If there is ever a time for SFC to make a early response to its fans..

It is now

"early" ??? Are you for real ??

I am guessing that deals are in place for most of first XI and they are going to come like bolts out of the blue over the next few weeks. Maybe we WONT have any players at the WC after all....

They didnt even wait to see if the WC pushed their values up.

This is a f**king fire sale. Liebherr wants out with as much cash as she can get.

Maybe a few people will take their heads out of the sand now over the "difficult financial position" comment.

We've just made £80million and are guaranteed to boost that up to £150 million by the end of next season. If we're in a difficult financial position after that, with the lowest wage bill in the Prem, then I will bite off my own penis.

Clearly not true IMO. If it was 4m would be a terrible deal. We lose a key 1st xi player for tiny fee for which we'd never be able to buy a player of similar calibre. Add ons for a 32 yr old are a meaningless joke.

Thing is we have had reports of 10 million to 4 million you'd think the press could get the price right at least

I wonder if he had a clause allowing him to leave cheaply if Liverpool came in for him? Would've seemed unlikely at the time, but could have been on his mind as a red. I'm sure he'd love to finish his career at Anfield and we can all respect that.

with rodriguez out and Osvaldo clearly not wanting to be here

it is going to cost £20m to replace what lambert brings to the team.

even then, we probably wont get that right

The vast majority of the season you were saying how awful Lambert is and how he's finished and needs to be sold.

We've just made £80million and are guaranteed to boost that up to £150 million by the end of next season. If we're in a difficult financial position after that, with the lowest wage bill in the Prem, then I will bite off my own penis.

It depends how much profit KL wants to make.

Yes it's a dream move for SRL but wt actual f... are the board doing selling our talisman two days after MP left. Don't they care about the fans? Are they just totally clueless, liars or plain thick. Funny thing aswell, st renewal deadline has passed.

Thing is we have had reports of 10 million to 4 million you'd think the press could get the price right at least

They are testing the water to see what lie is more believable. Filthy bunch of jackals the lot of them, trying to fill time in the columns till the World Cup with nonsense.