Lambert joins Liverpool

JxgrSaint

Hmm, have we all missed the fact that KL is a super villain and has planned all along to sell all of the squad, raise herself a few hundred million, close the club and retire to an island in the Bahamas to count her cash?! It's certainly feeling like that...

No, I didn't miss it.

4m and 5m if they win the league in next 3 years? It's nothing as that's not going to happen.

4 million only then if that's the case. I don't begrudge Rickie, but at that price it would feel like a mugging.

I have a theory that I have just made up that Reed and the scouts have lined up four or five exciting young stars, and convinced he is the new Arsene Wenger Reed is being all "decisive" and "bold" and wants to make some statement decisions.

"This is exactly what Sir Alex used to do" says our Les to poor old Ralph. "Get rid of players just after they pass their prime. And don't worry our team of 17 scouts have lined up 4 mega stars of the future. We'll be far stronger for it".

I still refuse to believe it is a fire sale or anything like that, but it might be a case of "the bold, forward thinking revolutionary Southampton way" starting to believe it's own hype.

It is a f uck up, no question. After the WC, maybe fine. After the manager appointment, maybe fine.

But not fu cking now you fu cking bellend.

Have to say I would be devastated to lose Lambert - honestly thought he would see out his premiership career with us and still think he has plenty to offer!

Either way bleacher report has speculated the bid for Lambert may be tied to the Lallana sell-on fee ...

"It’s possible—and this is purely speculation—that Liverpool could be sweetening the pot for Southampton regarding Lallana by not only acquiring Lambert, but also paying above market value for him."

I have posted a link for the full article below.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2079908-theres-more-to-liverpools-lambert-move-than-an-honest-interest-in-the-striker

The vast majority of the season you were saying how awful Lambert is and how he's finished and needs to be sold.

He wasn't the only one either. Maybe the club read this forum and assumed the fans wouldn't mind getting rid of Lambert as his legs have gone...........

We are an absolute joke.

F**k off Krueger you clueless c^nt , f**k off Katharina you're a useless c**t nothing like your old man.

Just go back to Switzerland and leave us be you f**king bunch of c**ts.

Edited by BlakeySFC

So, are we being lied to...

Simple question to Kruger,Reed,Liebherr or whoever...

Is the statement re not selling/doing deals until new manager/coach is in place true or not

The board at sfc have to state one way or another...NOW

Lol. You want Ralphy to update and confirm whether or not he was lying yesterday? Its a cracking idea. We could have hourly updates on which things previously said were lies and which have accidentally turned out to be true (due to unforseen circumstances).

"It's very clear we are in control of all the player transfers," said Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger. "All our top players are under long-term contract, and any transfers will take place on our terms. We will decide the terms of any potential transfers in and out of the club, and we will involve the [next] manager. That is important for everybody to know."

So, are we being lied to...

Simple question to Kruger,Reed,Liebherr or whoever...

Is the statement re not selling/doing deals until new manager/coach is in place true or not

The board at sfc have to state one way or another...NOW

Well as no one has been sold (yet) the club haven't lied to you (yet)

As sad as it is to see him go (if its true) I don't see how anyone could stop or begrudge him this move. Lets look at the facts. He is a striker the wrong side of 30 and probably has one decent season left in him, he is one of the highest earners at the club, at his age one knock could finish him, we paid £1m for him in league 1, we are going to more than double our money on him, add in to that the extra income his goals have brought and its been a bloody good bit of business all round. If we re-invest the money in one or two younger strikers then there will be no complaints from me, and a big thank you and good luck Sir Rickie Lambert!

Have to say I would be devastated to lose Lambert - honestly thought he would see out his premiership career with us and still think he has plenty to offer!

Either way bleacher report has speculated the bid for Lambert may be tied to the Lallana sell-on fee ...

"It’s possible—and this is purely speculation—that Liverpool could be sweetening the pot for Southampton regarding Lallana by not only acquiring Lambert, but also paying above market value for him."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2079908-theres-more-to-liverpools-lambert-move-than-an-honest-interest-in-the-striker

That makes no sense because Rovers have a similar sell on clause for Lambert.

"It's very clear we are in control of all the player transfers," said Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger. "All our top players are under long-term contract, and any transfers will take place on our terms. We will decide the terms of any potential transfers in and out of the club, and we will involve the [next] manager. That is important for everybody to know."

Lying toe rag. It's all a front. SFC are breaking my heart

Lol. You want Ralphy to update and confirm whether or not he was lying yesterday? Its a cracking idea. We could have hourly updates on which things previously said were lies and which have accidentally turned out to be true (due to unforseen circumstances).

I guess i am asking for him to either stick to what he says or not state things that are untrue...

Either we are selling/arranging sales/deals for players before we appoint a manager or we are not...

If we are dealing don't spout crap saying we are not..

I begrudge him a move. I dont give a rats arse that he supports liverpool

I support southampton and the club has been just as amazing for him as he has been for us

had he moved to huddersfield I can promise you that he would not be going to the world cup now

he would not be on no where near as much money and probably would not be in the premier league

so, I dont give a monkeys that he supports liverpool. He iso ur player and should remain as such. Or make it clear to all of us that he wishes to leave

Really you expect the media to report the truth it's much more for for them to make up a lie that has just the right ring of believability in it to get people hooked. Find it funny that they act so unscrupulously and yet are in such a state over the notion of a duchess' butt cheek.

Quite clearly if it was some dodgy deal to get past the sell on fee we'd sell them Jonathan Forte for 30 million and Adam for a quid........

As sad as it is to see him go (if its true) I don't see how anyone could stop or begrudge him this move. Lets look at the facts. He is a striker the wrong side of 30 and probably has one decent season left in him, he is one of the highest earners at the club, at his age one knock could finish him, we paid £1m for him in league 1, we are going to more than double our money on him, add in to that the extra income his goals have brought and its been a bloody good bit of business all round. If we re-invest the money in one or two younger strikers then there will be no complaints from me, and a big thank you and good luck Sir Rickie Lambert!

F... The Money. I want to see him playing for us like most others. ******** to good business, we need to keep him. You are living in cloud cuckoo land mate

So, is he a blatant bare-faced liar, or is this one of the World's greatest TWITTER hoaxes ?

Quite clearly if it was some dodgy deal to get past the sell on fee we'd sell them Jonathan Forte for 30 million and Adam for a quid........

Nah Forte is off to spurs to get them back for forecast!

All sounds a bit silly to me but if we end up having a firesale we may as well try and get every last penny ...

NINE million,great business if that's indeed the case, well done that negociator, take a bow.

Bet it isn't right though.

For Christ sake - it's not about the money it's about selling off our players. You cannot pick £9m to play at centre forward.......

Lambert has been priceless to us - who cares what the fee is for any of our players within reason.... We had a great opportunity to be a somebody in the Premier League and it's being thrown away!!!

We will probably never have a chance like this again in a generation....... It stinks. You will not replace Lambert or three quarters of our squad with anyone even remotely as good.....

This is beyond belief.....

There's nothing on the BBC website yet & the Sky piece mentions only about the run on the betting & subsequent suspension of betting.

I struggle to believe this one at this stage, despite the fact it's being reported by SSN... they've got stuff wrong before.

@bbcsport_david: Southampton have not accepted Liverpool offer for Lambert but talks continue & #SaintsFC won't stand in his way if they get right deal #LFC

@bbcsport_david: Southampton have already rejected offers this summer for Luke Shaw from Manchester United & Adam Lallana from Liverpool #SaintsFC #mufc #lfc

Sorry have I missed the bit where it is a done deal? I'm not saying it won't happen (though it would be IMO bizarre) but just that it hasn't happened yet (and might not)

Agreed, as it stands we have only lost our manager! But this is at the moment.

Sorry have I missed the bit where it is a done deal? I'm not saying it won't happen (though it would be IMO bizarre) but just that it hasn't happened yet (and might not)

So Kruger needs to come out and back up his statement or be ever taken as a liar...

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

@bbcsport_david: Southampton have not accepted Liverpool offer for Lambert but talks continue & #SaintsFC won't stand in his way if they get right deal #LFC

@bbcsport_david: Southampton have already rejected offers this summer for Luke Shaw from Manchester United & Adam Lallana from Liverpool #SaintsFC #mufc #lfc

Says precisely nothing about what is going to happen.