Coronavirus

whelk

Been for a drive on Dartmoor and it’s the same in popular spots such as Venford Reservoir. We didn’t get out as you had large multi generational groups of families all over the show, the same ones who will be slating the NHS if they get their relatives seriously ill through their idiocy. The cars were tightly packed in the car parks, no way they could be 6.5 ft apart. Higher on the moors we saw ice cream vans and several pubs open with packed car parks on the Tavistock to A30 road.

Backs up what Warsash Saint was seeng in the Solent coastal areas. Relatives in N Hampshire also seeing several members of other families they know in the local area separately going around Sainsbury’s and doing full shops each.

I get what CB is saying about the slightly mixed messaging and it probably needed to come earlier as people can get a bit frenzied about Mother’s Day and to change behaviour needs more than 48 hours. However, no excuse for what I saw today, rows and rows of cars. I get it’s the first nice day for ages but FFS, just space it out a bit like we did and find somewhere for a stroll.

3 of us went for a walk in Forest this morning, The cars were not spaced any differently and I will 100% guarantee at no point have I caught the virus from any strangers as had no contact.

We didn’t all get out of the cars at same point.

Awaiting Saintsweb guidance as to whether I have sinned?

As a mild Asthma sufferer, I was interested to know if steroid inhalers had any effect (beneficial or otherwise). This led me to the below articles, which I found informative.

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20200317/p2a/00m/0na/026000c

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.11.987016v1.full

Update on this...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/doctors-try-steroids-to-treat-coronavirus-patients-against-who-counsel-11584878400

3 of us went for a walk in Forest this morning, The cars were not spaced any differently and I will 100% guarantee at no point have I caught the virus from any strangers as had no contact.

We didn’t all get out of the cars at same point.

Awaiting Saintsweb guidance as to whether I have sinned?

Don’t be obtuse, no one is saying not to go out, and I clearly wasn’t referring to 2 or 3 cars, this was 25+ in a very small space with big families and kids running around who don’t understand. Exercise is important but with respect, parts of Dartmoor get a lot more visitors than Hampshire and this was like August. There will have been plenty of contact via the ice cream vans and certainly the pubs as perhaps people understood the PM’s request a bit differently. Their car parks were packed.

It’s alright people saying ‘I’ll do what I want’ but it isn’t them that will have to clear up the mess and it’s the impact they have in others, not that they care. Clearly in some rural areas Cv is seen as an urban thing and it isn’t.

Some reports that the MoD is being mobilised so that should help protect the food and essential supplies from the worst public behaviours in addition to sourcing PPE for frontline NHS staff. If the public are sensible in the main we can all enjoy the outdoors but this morning was just crazy. Hopefully people got it out of their systems, Mother’s Day etc and it was an outlier. Reports in Wales, Scotland and Cornwall suggest not so far, would be crying shame if national Parks have to close if people won’t be sensible.

Don’t be obtuse, no one is saying not to go out, and I clearly wasn’t referring to 2 or 3 cars, this was 25+ in a very small space with big families and kids running around who don’t understand. Exercise is important but with respect, parts of Dartmoor get a lot more visitors than Hampshire and this was like August. There will have been plenty of contact via the ice cream vans and certainly the pubs as perhaps people understood the PM’s request a bit differently. Their car parks were packed.

It’s alright people saying ‘I’ll do what I want’ but it isn’t them that will have to clear up the mess and it’s the impact they have in others, not that they care. Clearly in some rural areas Cv is seen as an urban thing and it isn’t.

Some reports that the MoD is being mobilised so that should help protect the food and essential supplies from the worst public behaviours in addition to sourcing PPE for frontline NHS staff. If the public are sensible in the main we can all enjoy the outdoors but this morning was just crazy. Hopefully people got it out of their systems, Mother’s Day etc and it was an outlier. Reports in Wales, Scotland and Cornwall suggest not so far, would be crying shame if national Parks have to close if people won’t be sensible.

do you think the Army will be patrolling Tesco's?

It is utterly staggering how thick/ignorant how many are when being asked to take a pause!

Look at the state of this! what the fuk are they doing?

Edited by Batman

I think Nicola Sturgeon has just summed it up nicely, If your life feels like normal, perhaps you should give your head a wobble.

My neighbours, who are possibly the most inconsiderate tossers on the planet, are having a mothering sunday party. full family gathering - 8-10 adults. kids running in and out, playing with neighbouring kids.

It makes you so cross. Rather than advising Doctors to make the horrific decision as to who gets the best treatment and who doesn't, based on their age and fitness, we should allow Doctors to base their decision making on patient intellect.

Stupid bastards that think it won't affect them, should be left in the hospital car park.

I bloody hope so. Should have been the first action after we started seeing panic buying.

People will take the ‘2 milks only’ message seriously if it’s delivered from a bloke with an SA80.

It is utterly staggering how thick/ignorant how many are when being asked to take a pause!

Look at the state of this! what the fuk are they doing?

These must be people who are now restocking their existing stockpiles?

Can’t believe anyone has just woken up now and doing it.

Sticking my fully erect wanger into a large jar of harissa was one of the greatest thrills of my life, until I fell off the counter in the kebab shop.

The pandemic is making us all behave differently

"A 2018 survey revealed that more than 78% of Belgian couples openly practice wife swapping, a cultural trait that became common practice in the 19th century under the rule of King Leopold II."

Is this right?

Asking for a friend.

You have to swap back at the end mate, can't get rid of her that way.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

There's a high proportion of selfish idiots out there who are too thick to understand basic concepts.

#notnews

So far I have not heard of much behaviour like mentioned above in other posts where I live in NZ and that is something

I am very pleased about.

The reason being that on Monday of next week my wife is due to have a cancerous tumour removed. The longer she has to wait

if it has to be postponed or even cancelled because of idiots then the more chance there will be that 1) it gets even larger and

2) the cancer will spread into other organs.

We have also placed ourselves in house arrest as we don't want to risk catching a cold or the flu which again would mean a

postponement.

I don't mean to sound like a wimp but it's quite a stressful time at the moment and my old brain isn't as sharp as it usually is.

( Yes, yes I know it's not that brilliant in normal times.:blush: )

I honestly hope that if anyone on here, even those that dislike me, does get that virus they recover very quickly and don't pass it on

to their elderly family or friends by accident.

As far as I can find out this screening means filling in a form and of course 100% tell the truth 100% of the time and 100% do as they are told.

Our P.M. is due to make an announcement within the next 10 minutes about whether she will raise the alert level up from

the present level 2. Lots of medical people want it raised to the max of level 4 and I really really hope that she does.

Thank You Rallyboy

Well our P.M. has just said we are going to level 3 now for 48 hours and then level 4 for at least 4 weeks.

Alert level 3 - restrict

There's a heightened risk the disease is not contained

RISK ASSESSMENT:

Community transmission occurring or

Multiple clusters break out

RANGE OF MEASURES:

Travel in areas with clusters or community transmission limited

Affected educational facilities closed

Mass gatherings cancelled

Public venues closed (ie: libraries, museums, cinemas, food courts, gyms, pools, amusement parks)

Alternative ways of working required and some non-essential businesses should close

Non face-to-face primary care consultations

Non acute (elective) services and procedures in hospitals deferred and healthcare staff re-prioritised

Alert level 4 - eliminate

It's likely that the disease is not contained

RISK ASSESSMENT:

Sustained and intensive transmission

Widespread outbreaks

RANGE OF MEASURES:

People instructed to stay at home

Educational facilities closed

Businesses closed except for essential services (ie: supermarkets, pharmacies, clinics and lifeline utilities)

Rationing of supplies and requisitioning of facilities

Travel severely limited

Major reprioritisation of health services

MINISTRY OF HEALTH

So far I have not heard of much behaviour like mentioned above in other posts where I live in NZ and that is something

I am very pleased about.

The reason being that on Monday of next week my wife is due to have a cancerous tumour removed. The longer she has to wait

if it has to be postponed or even cancelled because of idiots then the more chance there will be that 1) it gets even larger and

We have also placed ourselves in house arrest as we don't want to risk catching a cold or the flu which again would mean a

postponement.

I don't mean to sound like a wimp but it's quite a stressful time at the moment and my old brain isn't as sharp as it usually is.

I honestly hope that if anyone on here, even those that dislike me, does get that virus they recover very quickly and don't pass it on

Hope it all goes well. Best wishes.

A significant minority in this country are utter ****s.

Why does the PM need to order people to stay 2 meters apart for some to actually stay 2 meters apart.

Why do parents need to be ordered not to take their kids to the playground before actually not taking their kids to the playground.

Weird, I want it now, don't say no to me, society we have

It's as if the population has got the idea that we are a very special country that can ignore the advice of experts, learn nothing from the experience of foreigners, and to overcome any problem, we just need to believe.

If only we could trace the source of all that bonkers malarky.

It's as if the population has got the idea that we are a very special country that can ignore the advice of experts, learn nothing from the experience of foreigners, and to overcome any problem, we just need to believe.

If only we could trace the source of all that bonkers malarky.

Ultimately, most are being asked to stay the length of a normal door away from others and sit at home and watch telly for a couple of months. Not too hard is it!

The struggle is real![emoji849]

Just baffled why morons can't do this!

3141e98d00db9444b6f5a391e1573018.jpg

Edited by Batman

A significant minority in this country are utter ****s.

Why does the PM need to order people to stay 2 meters apart for some to actually stay 2 meters apart.

Why do parents need to be ordered not to take their kids to the playground before actually not taking their kids to the playground.

Weird, I want it now, don't say no to me, society we have

I’m really hoping when this is all said and done, that it’ll change the country for the better. Hopefully everyone will appreciate what we have just a little bit more.

As something I saw on facebook said,

A couple of generations back, people had to go through war, rationing, blackouts, bombing and evacuation. We have to wash our hands and sit on the sofa, yet we're somehow complaining and ****ing it up.

Pathetic.

To be honest the constant comparisons with the bloody second world war are tedious and counter-productive. Not least because there isn't actually any knowledge and experience of what actually happened in the population, just heresay, folklore and facile characterisation.

Forget "roll out the barrel" and start asking why the government can't just pump out text messages to every mobile user in the country.

To be honest the constant comparisons with the bloody second world war are tedious and counter-productive. Not least because there isn't actually any knowledge and experience of what actually happened in the population, just heresay, folklore and facile characterisation.

Forget "roll out the barrel" and start asking why the government can't just pump out text messages to every mobile user in the country.

It's more a comment on the fact that we've been told to stay inside and wash our hands for little more than a week and it's already proving too much for many people. It's not really about wartime, more to do with a lack of the ability to rise to a pretty basic challenge.

It's more a comment on the fact that we've been told to stay inside and wash our hands for little more than a week and it's already proving too much for many people. It's not really about wartime, more to do with a lack of the ability to rise to a pretty basic challenge.
I agree but the issue is that the Luftwaffe were a tangible conceivable threat and this isn't in the same way.

There is on Twitter an excellent thread about the communication posters from the war and how they would apply now, so yes there are some lessons to learn.

The biggest issue we face now is that the government comms plan is appalling, and this from the same people that rolled out a comprehensive "get ready for Brexit" campaign with no problem at all.

Panic buying seems to be easing off. Went to Sainsburys in Portswood this morning and, while some shelves hadn't been re-stocked, there was plenty of fruit and veg, meat, bread but no loo rolls.

As we were down to our last 3, I went to Costco where they had loads and were sensibly restricting it to one pack per cardholder.

Panic buying seems to be easing off. Went to Sainsburys in Portswood this morning and, while some shelves hadn't been re-stocked, there was plenty of fruit and veg, meat, bread but no loo rolls.

As we were down to our last 3, I went to Costco where they had loads and were sensibly restricting it to one pack per cardholder.

Went to Tesco's earlier. Loads of distancing, lots of good humour, decent stock on the shelves etc

Read an interesting article by the founder of Leon (who are moving to home meals). He reckons half of all meals are normally taken at school or work and because of the collapse in that trade demand on supermarkets has moved from 50% of capacity to 130% of capacity in two weeks. Panic buying is only part of it.

Exactly. Anyway in wartime people weren't told to stay home and pubs, cinemas and dance halls remained open

Went to Tesco's earlier. Loads of distancing, lots of good humour, decent stock on the shelves etc

Yes, my daughter was in Tescos at Whiteley and apart from eggs, toilet rolls and kitchen roll everything else was quite good...………….apart from the shop assistant in there who thought it a good idea to make a fuss of her 6 month old son and even started touching him!!!

Lockdown is coming.

Maybe not tonight but Boris will update from today's COBRA meeting later.

It has to. Remarkably, many people just don't get it. It's a shame the government have to do that but there are so many imbeciles out there it's inevitable.

I am very pleased about.

postponement.

Best wishes, hope all goes well

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus