Everton v Saints Match Thread

St Chalet

Can't blame Puel for this. It's not nhis tactics that have been lackign today, it has been our total inability to create any decent scoring opportunities let alone score from them.

Redmond is an utter waste of space. Tadic has not been in form since returning from that nose injury, but we know he has quality when on form. Long has the touch of a JWP and Clasie work hard but offer no goal threat at all.

And as I type, we let in another after Fonte gets caught dawdling with the ball in our own 3rd.

Puel can only work with what he has got. The players have been nowhere near good enough today.

Unfortunately Puel didn't have any option but to play him with VVD suspended.

It does blow apart the suggestion that we could sell either Fonte or VVD this window, and cope with Yoshida and the remaining one of the two.

Les Reed will sell them anyway. He's sold the attack. Now, he'll sell the defence. Until Reed goes, there's not much any manager will be able to do as the squad is only going to get progressively weaker.

It's the same old really, nothing different. Gaps to the forward players is too big, redmond/tadic coming deep for the ball then having to make up a lot of ground to get near the final third. Repeat constantly.

Everton have been truly inept, a team with a bit of ambiton would have taken it to them today. We've just let them have this game as we have shown nothing apart from trying to keep them at arms length.

The Christmas rotation malarkey hasn't really worked. Players should be fit enough to play more than 1 game in 5 days, if they're not then stick them into a fitness camp.

The rotation thing has just not worked at all and is implemented at random it would seem. Completely agree on fitness, we must have the most unfit first XI in the league as no other team needs to rotate as much as we do.

Unfortunately Puel didn't have any option but to play him with VVD suspended.

It does blow apart the suggestion that we could sell either Fonte or VVD this window, and cope with Yoshida and the remaining one of the two.

To be fair Fonte was giving away free penalties at the beginning of the season.

I've been to Milan and Prague this year and seen absolutely pathetic performances. It's only after the last game that I finally snapped and I now believe puel has to go. It's not so much the results but the manner of our performances. They really have been incredibly poor for the majority of the season and it's not the entertaining football that fans want to see. We are now an extremely mediocre team whereas the last few years there has always been the promise of something greater.

Need a better replacement before we sack Puel.

Mind you the list grows longer every game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not ideal but maybe that's why Nigels been hanging around St Mary's of late

WE ARE NOT GOING TO SACK PUEL ANY TIME SOON

Go and support someone like Swansea if you want the manager out every time

It's got nothing to do with every time. He's shown nothing that inspires confidence. Even if we'd scraped a 1-0 win today I'd be calling for his head. He makes Woy Hodgson look like a tactical genius.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO SACK PUEL ANY TIME SOON

Go and support someone like Swansea if you want the manager out every time

Genuine question, do you honestly see the situation improving under Puel? He's out of his depth and there are times when a change can be made for the better (see Poch for Adkins). Just because Swansea are **** and have changed their manager doesn't mean that it can't be done successfully.