25 man squad 2019-20

SuperSAINT

Admittedly, this thread is very premature, especially given that we’ve just had all our loan players return, but wanted to start it anyway.

Lots of work to do to get players shifted.

But gives people with better understanding of who qualifies to be named & who doesn’t a place to talk about it.

Admittedly, this thread is very premature, especially given that we’ve just had all our loan players return, but wanted to start it anyway.

Lots of work to do to get players shifted.

But gives people with better understanding of who qualifies to be named & who doesn’t a place to talk about it.

Only way we will fill the 25 spots is if we are unable to get rid of everyone we want to let go of. Ralph wants far fewer players than 25.

I posted this last month on another thread. I don't know how accurate it will be, especially as we have been linked with a goalkeeper since...

...Okkkkkkk, end of the season. Phew. So now we look to the summer activity. A 25 man squad needed and some of the youth like Sims will now qualify as part of the 25 man squad if we want to keep them in there.

So this is my squad for next season, including transfers in and out. Obviously Ralph's will be different and of course it is dependent on finances but this is what I'd like to see. OUTS would be loans if we can't sell. I think I have the youth ages right.

GK: Gunn, McCarthy, (Lewis - youth) OUTS - Forster/Rose

RB: New RB (Valery, Ramsey - youth) OUTS - Cedric

LB: Bertrand, Targett. OUTS: McQueen

CB: New CB, Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard, (Alfie Jones - youth) OUTS: Hoedt, Stephens

DM: New DM, Lemina, Hojbjerg, Romeu, (Slattery - youth) OUTS: Reed, Clasie

AM: New AM, Ward-Prowse, Redmond, Armstrong, Sims (Johnson - youth) OUTS: Boufal, Elyounoussi, Hesketh, Davis

STR: New STR, Ings, Long, (Obafemi - youth) OUTS: Barnes, Austin, Gallagher, Carillo

That's 21 senior players backed up by youth, with 5 incoming signings as part of that 21 as I doubt we'd sign more than that. Which leaves four spots for players we can't get rid of! So we refer to the OUTS: As I figure we will probably be stuck with Stephens and Elyounoussi, then they can pick up 2 spots, and I would give Boufal a go under Ralph's guidance too, which takes us to 24. The 25th spot I would either give to Reed or Hesketh, and because of his versatility, I'd go for Reed.

So the final 25 senior players are: Gunn, McCarthy, New RB, Bertrand, Targett, New CB, Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard, Stephens, New DM, Lemina, Hojbjerg, Romeu, Reed, New AM, Ward-Prowse, Redmond, Armstrong, Sims, Elyounoussi, Boufal, New STR, Ings, Long.

That should at least provide us a stepping stone for a better placed finish next season, with a view of completely getting rid of the deadwood/rot next summer. Of course I've not factored in players that could be wanted by other clubs - Redmond, Bertrand, Ward-Prowse and possibly Lemina will probably have their admirers, with either of the goalkeepers, Hojbjerg or Bednarek possibly left field transfers too. But I feel it should be more about adding to the group this summer, not dismantling it and starting again. However those 5 incoming players would need to be of better quality than what we have already...

RB - Needs to be of first choice quality, or very near potential first choice quality, irrespective of Valery's promise. He needs competition and it will only be good for us in the long term. (Especially if Valery becomes our most sought after player next summer. (Like Wan Bissaka at Palace.)

CB - No brainer we need a first choice, someone that is equally comfortable in the back 3 or in a back 4, and dominant. (In a similar vein to VVD, Alderweireld et al if possible)

DM - A mobile tank - more Wanyama than Schneiderlin. Someone that can shield the defence but get forwards if needed.

AM - A playmaker with goalscoring capabilities. Someone that can change a game. (Even though I've included Boufal, who could still prove a disappointment, I still feel a signing here, even a younger player, would adequately equip us for a full season.)

STR - Someone that can frigging score more than he misses! A target man with mobility. (We can't rely solely on Ings, Long and Obafemi for goals all season!!!)

So there we are - that's my 25. I'm sure it's wildly inaccurate as to what will actually happen but we shall see...

Since that post, with recent rumours, it seems the CB could be Jansson, the AM is Djenepo, the STR could be Adams but the DM and RB is anybody's guess. Have we even been linked with a defensive midfielder?

I posted this last month on another thread. I don't know how accurate it will be, especially as we have been linked with a goalkeeper since...

...Okkkkkkk, end of the season. Phew. So now we look to the summer activity. A 25 man squad needed and some of the youth like Sims will now qualify as part of the 25 man squad if we want to keep them in there.

So this is my squad for next season, including transfers in and out. Obviously Ralph's will be different and of course it is dependent on finances but this is what I'd like to see. OUTS would be loans if we can't sell. I think I have the youth ages right.

GK: Gunn, McCarthy, (Lewis - youth) OUTS - Forster/Rose

RB: New RB (Valery, Ramsey - youth) OUTS - Cedric

LB: Bertrand, Targett. OUTS: McQueen

CB: New CB, Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard, (Alfie Jones - youth) OUTS: Hoedt, Stephens

DM: New DM, Lemina, Hojbjerg, Romeu, (Slattery - youth) OUTS: Reed, Clasie

AM: New AM, Ward-Prowse, Redmond, Armstrong, Sims (Johnson - youth) OUTS: Boufal, Elyounoussi, Hesketh, Davis

STR: New STR, Ings, Long, (Obafemi - youth) OUTS: Barnes, Austin, Gallagher, Carillo

That's 21 senior players backed up by youth, with 5 incoming signings as part of that 21 as I doubt we'd sign more than that. Which leaves four spots for players we can't get rid of! So we refer to the OUTS: As I figure we will probably be stuck with Stephens and Elyounoussi, then they can pick up 2 spots, and I would give Boufal a go under Ralph's guidance too, which takes us to 24. The 25th spot I would either give to Reed or Hesketh, and because of his versatility, I'd go for Reed.

So the final 25 senior players are: Gunn, McCarthy, New RB, Bertrand, Targett, New CB, Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard, Stephens, New DM, Lemina, Hojbjerg, Romeu, Reed, New AM, Ward-Prowse, Redmond, Armstrong, Sims, Elyounoussi, Boufal, New STR, Ings, Long.

That should at least provide us a stepping stone for a better placed finish next season, with a view of completely getting rid of the deadwood/rot next summer. Of course I've not factored in players that could be wanted by other clubs - Redmond, Bertrand, Ward-Prowse and possibly Lemina will probably have their admirers, with either of the goalkeepers, Hojbjerg or Bednarek possibly left field transfers too. But I feel it should be more about adding to the group this summer, not dismantling it and starting again. However those 5 incoming players would need to be of better quality than what we have already...

RB - Needs to be of first choice quality, or very near potential first choice quality, irrespective of Valery's promise. He needs competition and it will only be good for us in the long term. (Especially if Valery becomes our most sought after player next summer. (Like Wan Bissaka at Palace.)

CB - No brainer we need a first choice, someone that is equally comfortable in the back 3 or in a back 4, and dominant. (In a similar vein to VVD, Alderweireld et al if possible)

DM - A mobile tank - more Wanyama than Schneiderlin. Someone that can shield the defence but get forwards if needed.

AM - A playmaker with goalscoring capabilities. Someone that can change a game. (Even though I've included Boufal, who could still prove a disappointment, I still feel a signing here, even a younger player, would adequately equip us for a full season.)

STR - Someone that can frigging score more than he misses! A target man with mobility. (We can't rely solely on Ings, Long and Obafemi for goals all season!!!)

So there we are - that's my 25. I'm sure it's wildly inaccurate as to what will actually happen but we shall see...

Since that post, with recent rumours, it seems the CB could be Jansson, the AM is Djenepo, the STR could be Adams but the DM and RB is anybody's guess. Have we even been linked with a defensive midfielder?

Ralph seemed to trawl quick deeply into the kids last season but are there any others coming through that will gain consideration and could be pushing for the bench? Appreciate this won't impact on the 25 man squad but it will affect possible purchasing priorities.

Ralph seemed to trawl quick deeply into the kids last season but are there any others coming through that will gain consideration and could be pushing for the bench? Appreciate this won't impact on the 25 man squad but it will affect possible purchasing priorities.

Vokins at LB. Slattery and O'Connor in midfield. Not much else.

Those three, plus Valery, Obafemi, Ramsey and possibly Johnson, would still represent a handy number of viable squad options who won't take up space in the 25.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk