Saints Greatest XI - B Team Right Striker Nominations

St Landrew

OK, this is a slight change to the usual. Following on from last week's A-Team only nominations and vote, we're doing the same for the B-Team. Regular readers will know why we tweaked the format. Please explain to those who don't understand, as I've picked up another bug from the same workplace as I did just before Xmas. So I'm completely washed out again. Next time I'm going in wearing a surgeon's mask.

One nomination only, obviously no Mick Channon this time, but anyone else who is not currently on a team is up for grabs. The nominations thread will hopefully last for 48 hrs or so, but if I get worse, who knows. Please be patient

Cheers

Now, off you go.

Because Big Chiv also used to like to attack the far post (except with Ron) I would have to nominate Steve Moran, hopefully to be Chiv's partner as Steve is still the consumate modern day 'Big Guy's' striking partner and since he left we have never had another striker near as good. We sometimes forget just how dynamic Moranie was...

Not being funny, but it seems like you've completely over-engineered this. Why not just take the person who came second in the A team poll?

Because that would mean Ron Davies would be in the B Team.

How silly would that be?

Vote for the first team then those that got the most votes without making it are in the B team. It's really quite simple.

And who are you to decide that Ron Davies should defo be in the A team? What's the point in the vote at all in that case?

Vote for the first team then those that got the most votes without making it are in the B team. It's really quite simple.

And who are you to decide that Ron Davies should defo be in the A team? What's the point in the vote at all in that case?

Agree with the first point.

Second point - your take on the voting would have automatically put him in the B Team. Who are you to decide that Ron Davies should defo be in the B Team? What's the point in a vote at all in that case?

Second point - your take on the voting would have automatically put him in the B Team. Who are you to decide that Ron Davies should defo be in the B Team? What's the point in a vote at all in that case?

we only had to choose 2 forwards

we should have been able to vote for two people and the top two won...

Not being funny, but it seems like you've completely over-engineered this. Why not just take the person who came second in the A team poll?

If that's who think should be there, stop complaining and nominate him!

And just for a giggle I will too.

Big Ron Davis

If you were looking for a proven partnership for the 'B' team then Boyer and MacDougall would be a good option.

MacDougal never got goals in the top division.

I liked Steve Moran (and his gorgeous wife at the time, Kim!) but I'd go for Pahars, hopefully to be partnered by Chivers.

Best East German international category??

Amazed people have overlooked the fattest partnership in the premiership in Shipperley and Watson.

Actually, Hirst, Le Tissier and Davies front 3 was heavier. But they were good, so not as funny.

That gives me an idea....

Always seemed to score against us but for us?.....

How so? If he didn't make the A team and gets more votes than anyone else who didn't, he'd in the B team. If he made the A team, then he's not eligable for B. The problem has arisen because the B team voting is coming before the A team. How are we meant to second guess the result of the other vote?

I couldn't give a toss where Ron Davies goes - what's the point in voting for a Greatest B Team anyway? Who's going to make the D team?

How so? If he didn't make the A team and gets more votes than anyone else who didn't, he'd in the B team. If he made the A team, then he's not eligable for B. The problem has arisen because the B team voting is coming before the A team. How are we meant to second guess the result of the other vote?

I couldn't give a toss where Ron Davies goes - what's the point in voting for a Greatest B Team anyway? Who's going to make the D team?

If, we carry on like this, some of us on this forum might make the Y

team.....Get my coat as I leave.

If, we carry on like this, some of us on this forum might make the Y

team.....Get my coat as I leave.

If you want Ron Davies (or anybody else for that matter) in the A team, then DO NOT vote for him here.

My vote for the B team goes to Keegan.

What if you've got 2 people in mind and you want one in the A Team and one in the B team.

eg I want Craig Maskell in A team and Ron Davies in B team. I therefore submit Ron Davies. But then Craig Maskell doesn't win the A Team vote, Steve Basham does. So then I want Craig Maskell in the B Team, but I've already voted for Ron Davies who I now don't want.

Ridicul-arse!

If you want Ron Davies (or anybody else for that matter) in the A team, then DO NOT vote for him here.

My vote for the B team goes to Keegan.

Actually, we're not voying for anybody here. We're just nominating which, btw, will come to an end this evening. This we can get on with voting.

Here's the breakdown in the next few weeks:

Tonight, voting will begin on the final players from this nominations thread

Next weekend we nominate the A-Team's left-sided striker, who we'll then go onto vote for.

Then we'll do the same for the B-Team.

Then we'll decide on the subs for each team

Then the Managers

Then if I ever get over this effing flu, I'll bore you all to death with a one or two articles on the main website. One suggestion is to write a match report of a hypothetical game between the two teams. I mean, who would win that one..?