Saints v West Ham Build-up

SuperSAINT

Given the way West ham fell apart last night I suspect this will be a game where we fight it out for 70 mins and then both teams try their best to lose for the remaining 20. The least fragile team will win and the ref/var will probably have a big part to play in deciding.

3-2 to saints, but it will be a hard watch

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I'm guessing Ralph won't change much given that we have a relatively settled team and (apart from conceding late goals!) have performed pretty well lately !

FWIW though, I'd bring in Valery for Cedric and consider Armstrong (if fit) and/or Boufal for a starting spot !!

Win this, and we are approximately halfway to safety, points wise. 36 is enough most seasons, although I do think it maybe closer to 40 this season as everyone seems to be taking points off everyone else. If we can get to the end of December passing the 20 point mark, I'd say we have a good shot at safety, if not more, so long as strengthening the team in January goes to plan.

On paper West Ham have a very good team, but they seem to be underperforming. It's a decent chance to pick up 3 points, but we need to stop letting teams have easy rides against us. Boufal to start please!

We know that we have to score 2 or more to win any game, unfortunately I think they carry enough goal threat to score more than 1 against our shambolic defence. Can we take our chances for once and score 3? I doubt it.

Saints 1-2 West Ham

They are on a terrible run and are underachieving. We need to go all guns blazing with intensity from the off.

We need to put pressure on them straight away, their confidence looks very fragile.

They still have dangerous players though, Felipe Anderson might spark back into life and Antonio is always a threat.

Seem to have a similar problem to us, in that they struggle to play under the pressure of their own fans at home...who knows what might happen on Saturday, think we'll both score not sure either team will edge it. Will be some truly awful defending, but they leave huge gaps in behind Rice and Noble and one of them normally pushes up.

If we can get on top early doors, I can see us going a couple ahead and their heads dropping.

3-1 Saints. (or 2-2- of 1-3)

I watched WH v Arsenal last night, What a load of dross! WH didn't touch the ball for the first two minutes, Arsenal passed it around at the back, no attacks and no pressing from WH, mostly stood off and watched. The rest of the match was pretty sterile. WH with a lucky deflected header from a corner. Arsenal created a few chances got it to 1-3 and kept the ball.

I hope WH play the same.

Ralph should stick with his current 'best XI' team who on the whole have been reasonable decent in the last 4 matches. No need for disruptive changes yet. Looking like a draw probably 2-2.

Calls for Valery to be a starter are ridiculous as he has not played at all well this season whilst Boufal might well be at his most effective off the bench at HT when their defence is on half empty tanks.

Looking at KUMB, they seem even more pessimistic than us and most of them think they will lose.

They probably don't realise how dross at home we are, I am just hoping that the two recent wins have given the team some more confidence, an early goal for either team could be massive as any confidence either team has remaining will drain away.

Loads of tickets left for this, relegation battle on tv but still considered 'Category A' match , £25 for an under 18 behind the goal :rolleyes:

Yeah, the prices are a ****ing joke. £40+ to watch relegation fodder against a middling team funded by dildos is silly.

Yeah, the prices are a ****ing joke. £40+ to watch relegation fodder against a middling team funded by dildos is silly.

The matchday pricing was clearly a gamble on us having a great season, the prices are completely out of wack with the quality on the pitch. Bought a ticket for my brother in law for the Palace game, and it was £41.

The matchday pricing was clearly a gamble on us having a great season, the prices are completely out of wack with the quality on the pitch. Bought a ticket for my brother in law for the Palace game, and it was £41.

I'm pleased we aren't selling out at these prices. Club needs to get real. #GaoOut

I'm pleased we aren't selling out at these prices. Club needs to get real. #GaoOut

Agree , low attendance serves them right, a seat near the half way line is going for a bargain er £65... plus £1.25 booking fee!

Book soon to avoid disappointment.

Agree , low attendance serves them right, a seat near the half way line is going for a bargain er £65... plus £1.25 booking fee!

What a fecking joke that is after the last 3 and a half seasons of relentless shyte. Book soon to guarantee disappointment.

yeah, but you get a really great match day scarf to insulate your arse from the stone cold plastic seat you’ve paid £65 to sit in. Not all bad eh?

Save £20 by buying a cheaper ticket in Kingsland corner, walking down the concourse to the half way line and sitting there anyway.

I used to change ends at half time during the Championship season under Portvleit. Reminded me of going to non-league grounds and I don't just mean the standard of the football at the time.

Boufal still can't play without injections. Valery still out with a virus.

Armstrong back in full training, be great if he's fit to start so we can play 4-3-3.

They've been poor this season but I still think Anderson and Haller will be too much for us. Be happy with a point going into the villa game.

Newcastle have just given away 10,000 free half-season tickets this week. I'd think we'd struggle to shift many even for zilch, let alone around the £300 SFC are asking. Plus the booking fee, of course.

Save £20 by buying a cheaper ticket in Kingsland corner, walking down the concourse to the half way line and sitting there anyway.

I used to change ends at half time during the Championship season under Portvleit. Reminded me of going to non-league grounds and I don't just mean the standard of the football at the time.

Not many people take pride in being a free loader. Hope you can sleep at night.