Finally, the long-overdue 2018/19 kit thread...

The9

Good spot. I wonder where white/light blue is on the contrast scale? :o

Well, there goes all the logical argument out of the window again...

It also seems to dispel the myth about all shirts having to have a solid colour on the back as well.

Or just a change of shorts.

No doubt The9 will be along shortly to explain why this isn't possible due to mix of fabric or type of stitch used.

Clubs tend not to change shorts which don't match the rest of their kit unless they get caught out anymore - example being Arsenal choosing to create some red shorts last season at Huddersfield rather than wear their away kit, or away shorts with the home kit. Guessing we'll wear all red at Watford as well as some of the others mentioned above then. Could wear the home shirt, red shorts (assuming they're the third shorts) and either red or white socks, though. But probably won't.

When did huddersfield change their badge? That is awful. Seriously bad.

It's temporary for this season, and yeah, it rubbish. Also surprised to discover how long it was they've gone without having a Terrier on their badge.

Huddersfield have revealed theirs, conventional blue and white stripes, front and back.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/18/19-Kits/huddersfield-town-2018-2019-umbro-home-kit.html

how cheap an tacky do those glued on sponsors, logos and badges look? Last five minutes in a hot wash I suspect. For a £50 item I'd expect these items to be sewn in. Football shirts a total rip off and every year more so.

This is hardly sticking your neck out when the blue and yellow shorts have already been leaked. :lol:

1. I never knew that.

2. I said ages ago in this thread that the away was yellow and white. I know two people that have seen it. One posts on here.

So perhaps the leaked kit was a red herring placed out there by the Club.

Appears that way from the latest tweet

What makes you think that? I think the video is just acknowledging the kit is already out there, not that it is a fake leak by them.

The video was filmed on Wednesday this week.

Edited by Matthew Le God

It's just to try and drum up some interest, get us thinking that it's all been one been troll from the club. Creates the uncertainty that the leak has prevented.

It'll clearly be the leaked shirt, it's for sale on the Under Armour website FFS, and I highly doubt they'd be in on it too.

It's just to try and drum up some interest, get us thinking that it's all been one been troll from the club. Creates the uncertainty that the leak has prevented.

It'll clearly be the leaked shirt, it's for sale on the Under Armour website FFS, and I highly doubt they'd be in on it too.

It probably is the leaked shirt, but there is nothing on the UA website. Not since the original "leak" was pulled off. And why wouldn't they be in on it? Viral marketing works just as well for massive corporations as it does for football clubs.

It probably is the leaked shirt, but there is nothing on the UA website. Not since the original "leak" was pulled off. And why wouldn't they be in on it? Viral marketing works just as well for massive corporations as it does for football clubs.

If those kits aren't the real ones, what viral marketing would UA be benefitting from exactly?

Liverpool have an away kit the same colour as the Liverpool city council wheelie bins...

Untitled.png35123774_1715159575236014_2935869133343948800_n.thumb.jpg.71e5ebf9e9352707cfe58ff376b1feed.jpg

Living up to their bin dipper moniker!

Those bins must be absolutely brimming with Nivea gift sets, Real Madrid / Liverpool half and half scarves, and extinguished candles...

If those kits aren't the real ones, what viral marketing would UA be benefitting from exactly?

What's the point of any PR stunt/campaign.

Just thinking about all that anger directed at the leaked shirt from most people on here ( I actually don't mind it) , and how that might change if they have indeed pulled off some sort of bait and switch. If they pull out an incredible sash kit tomorrow, the attitude towards UA could change dramatically.

Would that necessarily translate to shirt sales? Probably not. It's a small target audience anyway.

But they benefit from the soft marketing that comes with being seen as willing to play along with a long-con to create discussion and interest in the product.

They can point to it later as an example of being different/creative etc.

I still presume the kits we've seen will be the release ones, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of this all being a huge PR stunt. If it is, they'll have crunched all sorts of figures to decide if it worth the effort.

That's just an opinion. Your's may differ.

Now, looking in retrospect.

We March on, on the collar

No discernable price tag.

No discernable security tag.

Have we be sold up the swanny here?

It was also questioned that the shirts were alongside Chelsea, Juve and Barcelona and not tucked at the back with Wigan!

Overthinking it, they did say "this will be the greatest kit launch ever".

Why say that and also comment on the so called releases around the world?

It would be hilarious if they had actually gone to all that trouble as a wind up!

Overthinking it, they did say "this will be the greatest kit launch ever".

Why say that and also comment on the so called releases around the world?

It would be hilarious if they had actually gone to all that trouble as a wind up!

It would be rather good!

Just watched the club trailer. It is possible, given that Le Tiss was holding a sheep, that the club is saying that we are like sheep in following a few posters and leaked images and accepting it as gospel. And that the kit is entirely different, and indeed will be the best kit launch in history. Then again, it might be that one we've seen already (which is kind of not as bad as it was on first sight for me). The media team saying 'are you sure' in the promo also makes me think there may yet be a surprise in store. Here's hoping that we have all been played.

Just watched the club trailer. It is possible, given that Le Tiss was holding a sheep, that the club is saying that we are like sheep in following a few posters and leaked images and accepting it as gospel. And that the kit is entirely different, and indeed will be the best kit launch in history. Then again, it might be that one we've seen already (which is kind of not as bad as it was on first sight for me). The media team saying 'are you sure' in the promo also makes me think there may yet be a surprise in store. Here's hoping that we have all been played.
Wasn't it a goat?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's a Goat ??

IF it proves to be that this design is not the actual one for this season maybe it was a prototype / mock up used as an option with other designs? Seems a lot of trouble to go to otherwise.

Does anyone know if 2, 3 or more design options are actually made up in material to show the club 'in the flesh' to decide which design they choose?

Unless mistaken, the 'kit' was for sale on the Under Armour site previously. Surely they'd not be able to do that (sell 'false goods') if it wasn't real - especially when it was tagged as "Southampton 2018-19 Home Kit" etc.

So I think its clear the 'kit' is the kit, but this is just trying to get some hits their side, and hold some form of suspense (if there is indeed any really left....)