Derby 2-2 Saints reaction

JustMike

Redmond pretty much the only quality player out there today. Targett and Elyounossi wouldn't make most Championship teams and Shane Long has given up pretending to be a footballer. However the worst part today was hearing fans on the way out of the ground debating whether or not Hasseenhuttl needed to go. "Big Sam would save us" was a regular theme. :facepalm:

List of things which didn't happen:

1. This

Redmond pretty much the only quality player out there today. Targett and Elyounossi wouldn't make most Championship teams and Shane Long has given up pretending to be a footballer. However the worst part today was hearing fans on the way out of the ground debating whether or not Hasseenhuttl needed to go. "Big Sam would save us" was a regular theme. :facepalm:

Seriously, you're really not very good at this.

Seriously, you're really not very good at this.

To be fair, it's not as if once or twice inside the stadium did anything happen at all. You'd come back and say Puel was world class, and we'd say "no he's not" and then the away fans would probably just start laughing!

Did Lighthouse agree with this? Did you?

I can actually imagine our fans saying this.

Let’s face it they sing that **** Gunn chant and think we are signing Gotze.

We are embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair summary, and laugh out loud at most of the miserable b@stards on here.

Ended the game with Johnson, Barnes and Slattery on the pitch and Valery and Ramsay on the bench after their recent debuts. No way any of them would have been near the team under Hughes or Pellegrino.

All true. Still disappointed though. And at how Ralph didn’t respond well enough as far as I could see to us conceding quickly again. Slow to withdraw Mo too when we could all see how awful he was. Hey ho

Great Captain's performance from Prowsey. Marked that invisible bloke for a tireless jogging 93 minutes. Now he is on 8 losses and 5 draws in his last 13 appearances.

He can even hit the stand when shooting! Also he should get his mum to give him a hanky so he doesn't have to keep on wiping the snot onto his sleeve.

Did he bully you at school?

Ludicrous.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rubbish today.

Redmond 9 out of 10. Everyone else 5 or 6 at best.

When I saw the team and the shape I wasn't expecting us to play like Brazil but tactics and shape are no excuse for failing to play simple 15 yard passes or for terrible decision making.

Still, I count 8 players absent so you could say a draw us a decent result in isolation.

At least we'll know who we're playing before the replay and whether it's worth going through or not.

Also, could Hojbjerg use up his last match ban in the replay?

Rubbish today.

Redmond 9 out of 10. Everyone else 5 or 6 at best.

When I saw the team and the shape I wasn't expecting us to play like Brazil but tactics and shape are no excuse for failing to play simple 15 yard passes or for terrible decision making.

Still, I count 8 players absent so you could say a draw us a decent result in isolation.

At least we'll know who we're playing before the replay and whether it's worth going through or not.

Also, could Hojbjerg use up his last match ban in the replay?

Yep. He’s now available for the everton game.

Did he bully you at school?

No. He looks and plays like a silly little 15yr old in a man's team. Never marks. Always passes instantly. Virtually never tackles. Can't beat anybody. Can't win a header. Can't tackle properly. Never scores from his 250 plus free kicks. Never gets an assist from his 300 plus corners. Got no Tadic type skills. Gets knocked off the ball like a little girl. Slow as f uck. AND he is keeping a good player off the pitch. Do you seriously think he is worth £60k by 52 = £3.12m a year, seriously. 215 appearances 6 goals?

Every game he appears in, he NEVER marks anybody. He follows the ball and jogs roughly where the ball is going and then back again. All the game every game, constantly never in the thick of it, always being bypassed. Saints have 10 men when not in possession, when he plays. Apart from that lot, he was rubbish at being Captain, losing a 2 goal lead.

We really do have some utter plebs as fans. I wonder if these are the same fans that l only ove players who run around a lot and kiss the badge

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Love it, win a game or battle for a draw. Ralph is a genius.

Lose or don’t get a favourable result - Ralph has work to do.

No matter the result today, we had a pretty terrible side out. Midfield wise was light, no Hoj, Rom or Lemina. 4 at the back not 5. No Armstrong or Ings. I’m fairly sure our normal side would’ve done a lot better.

For me it highlights how weak our squad are, players like JWP, Targett, Long, Mo, Slattery, Stephens, Cedric and Austin either need to buck up there ideas and play better or get lost.

I’m bored of watching JWP and Long try hard and do zero every game. It’s boring.

Utter rubbish, not for the first time.

JWP played well today and really put himself about. AFter redmond, he was our best player.

In case you hadn't noticed this was Slattery's first game and he certainly did not do a bad job.

No. He looks and plays like a silly little 15yr old in a man's team. Never marks. Always passes instantly. Virtually never tackles. Can't beat anybody. Can't win a header. Can't tackle properly. Never scores from his 250 plus free kicks. Never gets an assist from his 300 plus corners. Got no Tadic type skills. Gets knocked off the ball like a little girl. Slow as f uck. AND he is keeping a good player off the pitch. Do you seriously think he is worth £60k by 52 = £3.12m a year, seriously. 215 appearances 6 goals?

Every game he appears in, he NEVER marks anybody. He follows the ball and jogs roughly where the ball is going and then back again. All the game every game, constantly never in the thick of it, always being bypassed. Saints have 10 men when not in possession, when he plays. Apart from that lot, he was rubbish at being Captain, losing a 2 goal lead.

I need you the write more player reviews [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thought it was a pretty poor performance really against a team that wasn't interested until we gave them every reason to get their tails up and attack us with lumping balls up top and picking up all the bits and pieces.

I thought our shape was pretty good but our quality was dreadful. If anything its yet another game where fringe players have a chance and none of them really take it. I thought JWP did ok as did Slattery. Redmond did well but had he got his head up a few times he would have a few assists and two goals. Targett wasn't at his best but he was better than Cedric. The two centre backs were atrocious on the ball.

Elyounoussi offers nothing, I've no idea what attributes we thought we were buying but he can't run, has no quality and seems so downbeat. He's seriously challenging Carillo for worst signing ever relative to fee.

At least when some of these players get binned off they can't claim they were never given a chance. If we do manage to stay up this summer a complete revolution is required.

Derby are a pretty lightweight team that a half decent prem side would have battered. Unfortunately that's not us.

Redmond, Gunn and Cedric aside the rest were sub-par to dismal. Moi is just not up to it and I don't ever want to see Long in a Saints team again.

Defence was a permanent mistake waiting to happen, midfield never had control at any time and the strikers were, Redmond aside, toothless.

Plenty of endeavour but they simply aren't good enough, 2-0 up and we couldn't put a lightweight Derby team to bed.

At least Ralph should have a good idea of what he's got to work with now.

In keeping with my avatar name I'll offer a different view. Me and my boys had a great day out today watching our beloved Saints. Yes, we should have held on to our lead, but atmosphere was good and thought despite a lack of quality at times, it was a decent FA cup tie. Redmond's second goal was a stunner and worth the entrance fee alone. So pleased he now has a song and he's being shown some appreciation.

It's hard to beat the buzz of match day, a new ground for my boys to tick off, the joy of jumping around like a loon when we score. Bring on the next one.

That pass straight out of play by Vestergard for their first goal. I still can't get over it.

And congratulations to Shane Long for probably the probably the worst performance by a professional footballer of all time.

Several of our players looked outclassed by an under strength, average Championship team. the way they played today, Long, Vestergaard and Targett would not be good enough to get into a top Championship side. What saved us was an outstanding individual performance from one of the few top class players we have left in our squad, Redmond. He was one of the best 3 players on the pitch. The other two were Derby players, Holmes and Lawrence.

The second half reminded me of when we were outclassed by Wolves Reserves in the League Cup last season. Old Les really has left us with the weakest, most overpriced squad we've ever had in the top flight. The only saving grace is that 3 other teams, Huddersfield, Cardiff and Fulham, also have weak squads. I'm not sure that any of them would be good enough to get promoted from the Championship this season.

We have a tiny nucleus of good top flight players: Gunn, Bertrand, Hojbjerg, Redmond and Ings, and Valery looks like he might reach that level too. Most of the rest need to be replaced. The problem is no other clubs would pay good money for them and some of them we couldn't even loan out as they are so bad.

At least we have a good manager now and a few players like Hojbjerg and Redmond he can build a team around. I look forward to some much needed strengthening of our squad in the next few transfer windows.

In keeping with my avatar name I'll offer a different view. Me and my boys had a great day out today watching our beloved Saints. Yes, we should have held on to our lead, but atmosphere was good and thought despite a lack of quality at times, it was a decent FA cup tie. Redmond's second goal was a stunner and worth the entrance fee alone. So pleased he now has a song and he's being shown some appreciation.

It's hard to beat the buzz of match day, a new ground for my boys to tick off, the joy of jumping around like a loon when we score. Bring on the next one.

Please can you kindly precede such positive posts with a klaxon warning of some sort? Thanks

Lets have a bit of perspective......although our team was crap bar a handful of players, we still avoided an upset (just).

Cardiff and Huddersfield both lost, Newcastle scraped a draw, etc, etc.

So it could have been worse - despite it being beyond belief that we threw away a 2-0 lead.

I agree with this. A great day out which would have been just a tad better if we had won.

Just watched the highlights. Is it just our defenders that consistently turn their backs to the ball, and stick their arses in the air, whenever the opponent has a shot on goal or is this cowardly way of defending something all defenders do these days?

Just watched the highlights. Is it just our defenders that consistently turn their backs to the ball, and stick their arses in the air, whenever the opponent has a shot on goal or is this something all defenders do these days?

Certainly a tactic Stephens is a big fan of.

Just watched the highlights. Is it just our defenders that consistently turn their backs to the ball, and stick their arses in the air, whenever the opponent has a shot on goal or is this cowardly way of defending something all defenders do these days?

Happens further up the pitch too, watching Wednesday night the amount of times we turned the wrong way to be beaten in the challenge.

oh yeah......boy there has been some top drawer bellendery in this thread!

This.

For me it highlights how weak our squad are, players like JWP, Targett, Long, Mo, Slattery, Stephens, Cedric and Austin either need to buck up there ideas and play better or get lost.

I’m bored of watching JWP and Long try hard and do zero every game. It’s boring.

You're writing off Slattery after seeing him on his debut?

I'm bored with reading your c**p after every game. With a football fan's optimism I keep reading here but with some exceptions there's a load of antagonistic rubbish with little content and over-the-top opinions. Still, you're not as sad as larry12, where I presume the digit refers to his mental age.

I'm bored with reading your c**p after every game. With a football fan's optimism I keep reading here but with some exceptions there's a load of antagonistic rubbish with little content and over-the-top opinions. Still, you're not as sad as larry12, where I presume the digit refers to his mental age.

One needs to understand, that these guys/gals, are not Saints fans, they are trolls. The potty mouthed 'larry12' is a Portsmouth plant, as was discussed on here many times, and the Kenyan Cabbage, is a troll, pure and simple, there to wind up other members. These, along with a few others, make this forum hard work 'nardays, they have driven all the good posters away, and most threads become a borefest within a few pages, due to their constant trolling.

Ok, maybe Slattery shouldn’t be involved in my list, but the rest my comments remain. I notice your not arguing about those.

One needs to understand, that these guys/gals, are not Saints fans, they are trolls. The potty mouthed 'larry12' is a Portsmouth plant, as was discussed on here many times, and the Kenyan Cabbage, is a troll, pure and simple, there to wind up other members. These, along with a few others, make this forum hard work 'nardays, they have driven all the good posters away, and most threads become a borefest within a few pages, due to their constant trolling.

Ah the old, someone has a differing opinion to me so therefore is a troll. Brilliant logic that. Slattery shouldn’t have been on my list, but I’m not wrong about the other players listed.

Or are you happy with Long and cos contribution towards our club?

Ah the old, someone has a differing opinion to me so therefore is a troll. Brilliant logic that. Slattery shouldn’t have been on my list, but I’m not wrong about the other players listed.

Or are you happy with Long and cos contribution towards our club?

Nothing to do with you having a 'differing' opinion, you are purely and simply, a troll.

An Internet troll is a member of an online social community who deliberately tries to disrupt, attack, offend or generally cause trouble within the community by posting certain comments, photos, videos, GIFs or some other form of online content.

Nothing to do with you having a 'differing' opinion, you are purely and simply, a troll.

An Internet troll is a member of an online social community who deliberately tries to disrupt, attack, offend or generally cause trouble within the community by posting certain comments, photos, videos, GIFs or some other form of online content.

Can you stop trolling me please. Just having my view on the match yesterday.

Absolutely spot on, and Coleslaw wonders why people dislike him so much?

Absolutely spot on, and Coleslaw wonders why people dislike him so much?

I really don’t wonder this. I just air my views and as normal on here if they don’t sit with the happy clapper bs, you get called a troll.

I’m really sorry I don’t rate players like JWp, Targett, Sam G, and other youth graduates. I know it upsets people that there might be a slim chance they might not be good enough, but there is no reason to call someone a “troll” in this case.

But you keep believing that JWP will suddenly morph into Pirlo, Targett into Marcelo etc etc. Utter mess

Cracking result. The Chelsea game will have shown the Ralph what the team can do, this match will have told him which squad players are incapable of maintaining such a performance.

Saints also get another chance at improving our home record AND wiping out Hoj's 4th game of his ban, with the added bonus of it being served against championship oppo. Real chance of a confidence-boosting win here. Hopefully, there will be no 90 min live coverage and lowered ticket price so we get a decent crowd. Being drawn against Pompey beforehand would be sweet as well.

Another plus would be giving Michael Obafemi a sub run out if his hamstring recovers.

P.S. No babyshark please.

Who the **** scouted Mo? They need putting down. Him and Long this game were genuinely not even football league standard. Hilarious how bad they both were. Mo isn't good enough, it's so painful to watch him play.

Just watched one of those youtube vids of his skills and goals.

a few things stand out he doesn't really do any skills, Swiss league defenders are **** poor, swiss league goal keepers look worse, most of his goals come from in and around the six yard box and he looks quite quick in comparison to the players he is playing with I think during his career he has a roughly one goal in three games ratio but Norwegian and Swiss football isn't anywhere near comparable to the PL where Moi looks out of his depth.

[video=youtube;pDMDVw-hQgg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDMDVw-hQgg

To be fair Ginge, a couple of years ago you accused me of a hate campaign against JWP because I expressed a different opinion about him - ie that I doubted he would become an England Captain at senior level, or become a top Prem player, or ever live up to the considerable hype he attracted at the time. I think my last reply to you was, "let's see where his career is in a couple of years time". Some of the comments about JWP from the people you are responding too are doubtless, a little over-the-top but the criticism of players like Ward-Prowse, Long, Austin over a period of time is now by any assessment, accurate.

My quick summary, for what it's worth.

Great day out. Cracking beer, good craic with Derby fans. For future reference, the £2.50 return bus from The Tap to the ground is brilliant.

Game ultimately disappointing, losing the lead mainly through the softest of soft underbellies of a midfield. We cannot cope with Romeu, Hojbjerg and Lemina all missing.

Vestergaard and Stephens largely ok, except Verstergaard's pass straight into touch leading to the first goal and weak closing down for the second. They were both utterly wrong-footed by the flicked lob pass for the first, but I'll give Derby credit for that. Think the importance of Bednarek was underlined. And we'll miss Maya.

Targett not really at the races, and I'm not sure that, defensively, Cedric is better than Valery.

Slattery ok debut, JWP decent game, but the two together too lightweight. Not much impact from the other youngsters: give them time.

Redmond gets better and better. Hard to believe, but Austin and Elyounoussi get worse. How Elyounoussi managed to put that late header straight at the keeper, I'll never know. Long not much better, but I think there's a chance that even he'd have put that away. And he's at least got a bit of pace.

It must have told Hasenhüttl a few things snd it'll let us get Hojbjerg's suspension out of the way before Everton, so not all bad. We're in the draw.

Please give us a crap draw. I can't do the next round so bet it's the Skates or an interesting away.

Don't know who the gentleman was who was next to me in the crowd (Block 50 K507?) But thanks for the most intelligent and interesting I -game chat I've had in ages.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie