Ralph Hasenhuttl

SuperSAINT

Loving this bit

To me that says as much about Hughes as it does about RH.

Was the previous lack of sprints and less ground covered purely tactics, or did an element of "can't be arsed" creep in through disillusionment with MH's tactics? I can't think of one player who is not looking a better player on the pitch (and some who weren't on the pitch at all) now than they did 6 months ago. That doesn't come from tactics alone .

Bit of both, Hughes clearly didn't bother as proven in this interview with Targett back in December.

"When I say intense I mean lots of sprints - much more than we have been doing. Lots of pressing and getting in faces"

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/11576833/ralph-hasenhuttl-very-intense-says-southamptons-matt-targett

Gao needs to do whatever it takes to keep Ralph, he's a top manager who has saved Gao's ass.

With the likes of Bayern sniffing around him it was a real coup to get him here in the first place.

I think we'll survive and Ralph will stay - at least till May 2020. If so then next season is going to be really interesting to see what Ralph can do with a full season and a bit of money to spend. Looking forward to it already.

Gao needs to do whatever it takes to keep Ralph, he's a top manager who has saved Gao's ass.

With the likes of Bayern sniffing around him it was a real coup to get him here in the first place.

I think we'll survive and Ralph will stay - at least till May 2020. If so then next season is going to be really interesting to see what Ralph can do with a full season and a bit of money to spend. Looking forward to it already.

I am sure that we will try and keep Ralph but we should be realistic. Ralph will keep the momentum going next season, will be linked with a move to every big club without a manager and will eventually leave. I am going to be very bold and speculate that he will go to Man United. Ole Gunnar Solskjær is a great guy but no Fergie and will be gone by the end of next season.

Edited by Sergei Gotsmanov

Just hope we make it into Europe next season and that way we might keep RH for another season.

Wouldn’t be so sure Koeman left us in 6th place after all.

It is only a good thing if managers and players alike leave us for a top 6/big club, providing we get decent fee too.

You may not like it, and might well be surprised, but chairman Ralph Kruger did.

Ralph was involved with discussions with Ralph but Im not sure he scouted him. Les Reed wanted to look at other options in the summer but was over ruled, some ITK said so on here if i recall correctly, maybe Ralph was on that list of options.

Better than Poch ?
Bit early to be putting that out there but certainly the best for a while and very promising.

Poch turned the team into a PL force and changed the PL perception of Saints.

If RH can do similar next season then he would be of a similar level.

There’s a decent piece in the Sun (I know) about Hasenhüttl featuring interviews with players from Ingolstadt 04 and RB Leipzig...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8793707/hasenhuttl-southampton-liverpool/

Interesting, thanks. I wish they'd stop with the Klopp comparison nonsense though. Could do without hearing his name every time I want to read something about our manager.

The summer window will be telling. We don't know how much he'll be given....Kruger has implied that there won't be any new money to be spent. Instead profits, including that from player sales can be reinvested.

So he may not have as much to spend as he/we would like. Will be interesting to see what he does with it.

Interesting, thanks. I wish they'd stop with the Klopp comparison nonsense though. Could do without hearing his name every time I want to read something about our manager.

The summer window will be telling. We don't know how much he'll be given....Kruger has implied that there won't be any new money to be spent. Instead profits, including that from player sales can be reinvested.

So he may not have as much to spend as he/we would like. Will be interesting to see what he does with it.

The key to how much we can spend is how many of Forster, Cedric, Hoedt, Carrillo we can offload from the payroll. Plus possibly Boufal, Reed, Austin, Long. Hopefully not losing the likes of Hojbjerg and Bednarek.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Or at least get a good number two in to learn from him for when he inevitably goes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we all agree we're all desperate to see a Stefan Von Wigleystein take over from Ralph in July 2020. Vot could possibly be going wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

From the BBC

Southampton won one of their first 15 games of the season, before Ralph Hasenhuttl came in. This would be their ninth league victory in 21 games under him if it stays this way. What a job he has done. What a job.

Ralph, with the support of this backroom staff, is the reason we stayed up. End of.

Two years running we have done it despite the way we have been run. Let's hope we get back to former ways this summer and next season. Let's hope we can keep Ralph as I think we are very lucky to have a man if his calibre at the helm. Let's hope we have a 'project' that keeps him motivated to stay with us.

Ralph, with the support of this backroom staff, is the reason we stayed up. End of.

Two years running we have done it despite the way we have been run. Let's hope we get back to former ways this summer and next season. Let's hope we can keep Ralph as I think we are very lucky to have a man if his calibre at the helm. Let's hope we have a 'project' that keeps him motivated to stay with us.

Hear hear. Couldn't agree more. I'm not looking for us to be in the champions league, or even Europe, but just challenging in and around the mid table clubs. It can't be too much to ask that we just compete in and around the Watfords, Evertons and Newcastle - those mid table clubs. Can't be arsed going back to the bad old days when we were normally one of the teams in the relegation fight, very tired of those days.

Ralph is staying and there is most definitely a project which Ralph was told about when he joined. Do you really think he would have joined at that stage without reassurances?

Reassurances and reality are not always one of the same. Things change for better and for worse. The situation with Lander being one of them but let's hope the vision he was sold will play out. Without him we have demonstrated we will eventually slip up with this squad.

Hughes: P14 W1 D6 L7

Kelvin: P1 W0 D0 L1

Ralph: P21 W8 D5 L8

Now of course one would have hoped some of those draws could have been turned into wins....today, Watford, Burnley, and maybe not lose twice to Cardiff. Fine margins, but with taking on the squad mid-season, happy to survive as Hughes was crap.

Hughes: P14 W1 D6 L7

Kelvin: P1 W0 D0 L1

Ralph: P21 W8 D5 L8

Now of course one would have hoped some of those draws could have been turned into wins....today, Watford, Burnley, and maybe not lose twice to Cardiff. Fine margins, but with taking on the squad mid-season, happy to survive as Hughes was crap.

It’ll be interesting to see if we get enough points from the Ralph tenure to show we could have stayed up even without the Hughes 9 Points. 29 points so far and Cardiff are on 31, I think one win would do it. We’d have stayed up in a 23 game Ralph season. That is some going.

Man’s a genius.

• 2 weeks later...
'Brutal honesty', 'mind training' and instructing the groundsman to paint lines for tactical work... how Ralph Hasenhuttl kept Southampton up:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7018643/Brutal-honesty-mind-training-Ralph-Hasenhuttl-kept-Southampton-up.html

Hasen-brütal, I’m going to savour next season with this fella before he moves on to bigger things.

• 4 weeks later...

Legend, but also a lot of good news there, more coaching staff coming in, working on more transfers and planning all the training so we can switch between multiple systems with ease.

Quite excited by what he can achieve this season.

He seems to relish the challenge he’s taken on. Shift the deadwood and bring in his own players push up the league and he’ll be gone. But it would be worth it. Ball, Strachan, Adkins and Koeman have been my favourite managers since I’ve supported Saints, but Hasenhuttl could usurp them all if he keeps on impressing.