Recent form

SKD

Reminds me of Aston Villa....look what happened to them.

Puel isn't the man to take us forward. The tactics are baffling, the rotation of players is killing any consistency. Our finishing woeful. As for Puel he couldn't iinspire a Eskimo to get out of bed during a heatwave let alone motivate a team to win games....

We realistically have to many players who are either not up to this level are to inconsistent or have thrown in the towel.

Redmond, Davis, Clasie, Stephens, Jay Rod, Ward Prowse

In my honest opinion should be sold, Sure some of them have had a few seasons under the belt however what have they given us in return?

As for not buying a defender that is the most idiotic footballing decision I have encountered since supporting Saints. Splashing out on a new striker sure that is a good move if you can stop leaking goals........

Yep - we are in a poor run of form - no denying that. But personally I would rather see us limp to the end of the season and then back the manager properly and allow him to build for next season.

Totally agree,but we need to find that couple of limps....

Is it Puel or Black? Something has to change anyway

The buck stops with Puel, and at the moment the side are playing without cohesion or belief - second best all over the park. Someone mentioned on another thread that it's becoming reminiscent of the Portvliet / Wotte experiment in terms of listlessness and men v boys. When Saints sacked Adkins, as much as I liked Nigel, I thought he had taken the club as far as he could in terms of the Board's ambitions. I would be overjoyed if he was appointed now to save this season - that's where we are.

Yep - we are in a poor run of form - no denying that. But personally I would rather see us limp to the end of the season and then back the manager properly and allow him to build for next season.

Build for what? We arguably had the best chance to build to consolidate our position in the top 6 and we've let it go.

IMO Claude is a yes man to les. Not playing the formation he wants , not playing the team he wants (hence rotation).

If you don't think we're in a relegation battle you're deluded. I think we have enough to stay up this year, but you've got to look at the bigger picture... I hope Claude does well but he's failing to show me that he can ATM.....0

IMO Claude is a yes man to les. Not playing the formation he wants , not playing the team he wants (hence rotation).

Wouldn't a yes man play the team Reed wanted, instead of rotating? And not, er, come in and change our formation more significantly than any of the last three managers? And not change it later when it wasn't working?

This is proper conspiracy theory stuff.

Wouldn't a yes man play the team Reed wanted, instead of rotating? And not, er, come in and change our formation more significantly than any of the last three managers? And not change it later when it wasn't working?

This is proper conspiracy theory stuff.

Provide evidence that this is not the team that les wants. He's not hidden the fact that he likes the 4-3-3 formation... what are we playing? What did Claude play last year? (Appreciate you've got to play different formations that suit x players...)

Provide evidence that this is not the team that les wants. He's not hidden the fact that he likes the 4-3-3 formation... what are we playing? What did Claude play last year? (Appreciate you've got to play different formations that suit x players...)

You can't prove a negative, but I'm referring to the diamond. Reed and the club have spoken about having a broad outline of how our football should be played, ie attacking, possession football with some variation on that 4-3-3. So to some degree all our managers have been 'yes men', as they accept those conditions, but as we've seen they all have their own style. Nothing marks Puel out as more of a 'yes man' than the rest, only that he's not doing as well and people love reaching around for ways to blame the bogeyman.

You can't prove a negative, but I'm referring to the diamond. Reed and the club have spoken about having a broad outline of how our football should be played, ie attacking, possession football with some variation on that 4-3-3. So to some degree all our managers have been 'yes men', as they accept those conditions, but as we've seen they all have their own style. Nothing marks Puel out as more of a 'yes man' than the rest, only that he's not doing as well and people love reaching around for ways to blame the bogeyman.

We played the dimond for about 3 games.. it's changed to 4-3-3(les favoured formation.....)

Edited by SKD