Mboro 2 Saints 1 - Post Match Reactions

St Chalet

Hey, I'm a big Nigel fan but:

1. We've conceded three goals from the D, in open play, in four games. That’s unforgiveable.

2. Bringing Guly on completely changed a shape that was working very well. I still can’t believe he did that. We needed to trade like-for-like and retain the shape.

Saints are going to need a new spine to the team when we get promoted. From the very limited amount I have seen this season, Fonte is a total liability, we will need a RB, a pacey RM and possibly LM and a replacement for Hammond.

We're still in an incredibly strong position and it's in our hands......

We were one bold ref decision away from the PL there. Team actually played well in long spells, where we piled on pressure. As usual they were quite clinical - in that respect it looked a bit like the Reading game.

It's plain to see that this Saints team can play footy, pass it around, make space etc., but we're not threatening enough in the final third of the pitch.

I'm sure we will finish the job against already relegated Coventry (unless Leicester finishes it for us). Have faith people!

How can a team vying for the play offs want it more than a team vying for the premiership directly? Did we take our foot off the gass too early as a fresult of the early goal...did we relax to much as we had "the cushion" between us and WHU? It is NEVER simple supporting the Saints!!!

Not good enough. Middlesbrough keeper didn't make a save. Created ****

All. Hammond was woeful. Fonte a liability again. Can see us bottling it next week now..

UOTE=chestersaint;1342274]The fookin bottling bast ards can fook right off now. Reading leave the door open so what do we do? Smash through it? No, tamely stroll up and gently fookin shut it for them. This is certainly my lowest point in 30 years. Fookin LAME. No excuse. Wan kers.

Get a grip.

1. It was always going to be hard at the Riverside !

2. Leicester may nick a point off Wham.

3. If we lose against Coventry we deserve to fail.

4. But even then, we have a chance in the play offs.

5. If we fail to get promoted we can have another go next season !

Gutted. Saints were in total control in the 2nd half until that decision. Hines gets sent off, we go on to win the game. But the ref bottled it, no idea why, and loses us a shot a the title. It's been YEARS I've been this annoyed after a game.

Also, Lambert could have had a free run on goal to make it 2-0, if it wasn't for a ridiculous decision by the lino that it had gone out of play.

Robbed.

Feel like sh*t right now. Fecking annoyed with their two spammy ****ing lucky goals. We seem to often concede wonderful goals, are the footballing Gods against us? The ref certainly was against us, the useless *****.

Gutted, deflated, crestfallen - f*cked off.

Please, please don't bottle it now Saints, for my sanity if nothing else.

UOTE=chestersaint;1342274]The fookin bottling bast ards can fook right off now. Reading leave the door open so what do we do? Smash through it? No, tamely stroll up and gently fookin shut it for them. This is certainly my lowest point in 30 years. Fookin LAME. No excuse. Wan kers.

Get a grip.

Oh crap! I agree with dalek!

Worried about Fonte to be honest, and Fox was bad at tracking the runs of the right midfielder.

Fox good going forward not such a good defender and Fonte is relying far too much on his wrestling skills lately and too often getting caught by the ref whilst he's doing it!

For all our collective disappointment we did not surrender, we were not gutless, we got beaten by a team that played way above themselves and fought us every inch of the way. Yes the ref made a bad mistake, yes Fonte made a bad mistake but we can still do this and we can finish the job next week.

Draw a blue line, step over it and move on.

And the skates are down...that's one of the four positives!

Get a grip.

Yep, it boils down to this. Reading and Wham have both given us chances to finish our promotion campaign.

For all our collective disappointment we did not surrender, we were not gutless, we got beaten by a team that played way above themselves and fought us every inch of the way. Yes the ref made a bad mistake, yes Fonte made a bad mistake but we can still do this and we can finish the job next week.

What he said.

Wasn't able to listen or watch, what did Fonte do wrong?

Needlessly pulled the arm off of the borough player two yards outside the box then Davis stands way too far left in his goal allowing for a very easy shot about a good foot inside the post. For me Davis should have had it

We will go up and of that I am certain but that pile of ****e today was woeful. Worst thing we could have done was score early. As soon as teams really come at us we adopt deer in headlights mode. Miltonaggro has it right, 'surrendered with a whimper'. With the title at stake, that was a disgrace. If we had been level with Reading with them away at Brum and us at home to Cov with a greater GF, i'd have fancied our chances. The players knew that Reading had left the door open and still could not step up to the plate. Just no excuse for that post 1st minute performance.

Yep, that pathetic obsessive inferiority complex raises its ugly head again.

We've had a great season, personally thought we would need 2 seasons to go up...but today was not good enough...too many of them were looking to others to sort it out...nobody taking responsibility. If we need 3 points against Coventry we might just cock it up. Still, only £90 million to throw away....SO SORT IT OUT!

Phuk the skates couldnt give a toss about them.

Edited by Stepgar