Relegation battle

SKD

Ok... regardless of style... which of their players would you want in out starting eleven?

I guess people would make a case for... Pope, Mee, Tarkowski. But anyone else?

I still don’t see what relevance that has, but I’d have their whole back 4 and keeper. And (other than ings) their 4 strikers are probably better ours.

If you asked them how many of our players would they take, how many would they say? Probably about the same as us.

Does anybody know how many years it is since we finished above Burnley, or how many games it is since we’ve beaten them?

Well it’s kind of relevant when you come out with ridiculous, bordering arrogant, statements like you did.

Ask anyone, I mean anyone, who’s been the better team this season and 100% of people will say Shef Utd. As for Burnley, the stats speak for themselves.

Well it’s kind of relevant when you come out with ridiculous, bordering arrogant, statements like you did.

Ask anyone, I mean anyone, who’s been the better team this season and 100% of people will say Shef Utd. As for Burnley, the stats speak for themselves.

:lol: You're just trying to ridicule other opinions to distract people from your own posts.

Since we changed our formation, we've outscored Sheff. Utd by 3 points and Burnley by 4. They both made hay whilst the sun was shining earlier in the season but since mid November I think we've been the better team. I don't care what has gone on in previous seasons, I think we're better now.

If you're bothered, I also think Arsenal are better than Sheff. Utd and Burnley but I'm just a ridiculous, arrogant Gunners fan. In fact Everton probably are too.

Edited by Lighthouse

Football is all about winning and the three points. If you can do that in an entertaining way it is a bonus. There is not one person here who wouldn’t have traded a few wins in our poor patch for crap football earlier in the season. Burnley do what they need to do to survive and they are good at it. It is down to teams to beat them. They will go down eventually, but then so will many teams outside the top six.

18th place currently has 25 points from 27 games. Less than a point per game!

Over a 38 game season that points per game ratio would equal 33.7 points.

I don't have any stats on this, but I'm willing to bet money on the fact that the points per game average picks up significantly for most struggling teams in the final 10 games (look at our record in recent years for evidence).

Some teams totally underperform, but when it really matters they put together a run of form to see them safe.

In summary, I expect 34 points would not see any team safe this season.

I don't have any stats on this, but I'm willing to bet money on the fact that the points per game average picks up significantly for most struggling teams in the final 10 games (look at our record in recent years for evidence).

Some teams totally underperform, but when it really matters they put together a run of form to see them safe.

You could stay up with 34 points in...

2018/19

2017/18

2016/17

The last 3 seasons!

Just had a look at that, Cardiff, Brighton and Fulham all got 9 points from their last 11 games last season. I think a couple of the teams down the bottom will start to pick up but not all of the bottom 5.

Ok... regardless of style... which of their players would you want in out starting eleven?

I guess people would make a case for... Pope, Mee, Tarkowski. But anyone else?

It isn’t regardless of style because you sign players to play a style. As has already been said their keeper and whole back four are better than ours and I’d say two of their strikers would get in our team ahead of Long

Aside from all that anyway it’s a ridiculous claim, almost as funny as when you once said we had more match going fans than Everton despite is never having a season where we’ve had a bigger average crowd :lol:

Yes! But then they are FACTs pal, unfortunately a lot of people on here don’t seem to like them.

Don't care about previous seasons (it's 2, not 3 by the way). Since we stopped farting around with 5-3-2 and Danso at LB we've outscored them. In my opinion we're better than Burnley. If you disagree, well it's a football forum, so isn't that just lovely.

I suspect you understand my point perfectly and you're just after an argument, so I'll leave you and MLG to it.

Don't care about previous seasons (it's 2, not 3 by the way). Since we stopped farting around with 5-3-2 and Danso at LB we've outscored them. In my opinion we're better than Burnley. If you disagree, well it's a football forum, so isn't that just lovely.

I suspect you understand my point perfectly and you're just after an argument, so I'll leave you and MLG to it.

I do understand your point perfectly. But it’s wrong, look back at the last few seasons, look at this season, there is nothing to suggest we are a better team other than the fact we’ve been on a good run and beaten a few other teams, but still lost against them, in the last couple of months. I want us to be better than Burnley too but we aren’t.

So who's going down then? Norwich look dead and buried but as we know better than most this season, a string of decent results can do wonders (conversely if you're Watford, a string of good results can get you... 19th).

I think Newcastle and up are safe, leaving Norwich, Watford, West Ham, Villa, Bournemouth and Brighton.

Norwich, Villa and Brighton heading down for me. Much prefer West Ham to go down than Brighton though.

So who's going down then? Norwich look dead and buried but as we know better than most this season, a string of decent results can do wonders (conversely if you're Watford, a string of good results can get you... 19th).

I think Newcastle and up are safe, leaving Norwich, Watford, West Ham, Villa, Bournemouth and Brighton.

Norwich, Villa and Brighton heading down for me. Much prefer West Ham to go down than Brighton though.

I think West Ham will drag themselves out of it. They've got enough talent who, when they can be arsed, will just about do enough to get them safe.

I'd say Norwich, Watford (who's new manager bounce has well and truly gone) and Villa for the drop personally.

He’ll wipe it from his memory when Barnes is playing in the Championship in a couple of years times.

If Adams was even half as good as we expected him to be, Long would be playing in the championship next season. What’s your point?

If Adams was even half as good as we expected him to be, Long would be playing in the championship next season. What’s your point?
Adams has shown to me that he may well become a decent forward for us. The little I have seen of him has been pretty good, with good ability to see and set up a chance. He has also been pretty unlucky with a couple f chances with the ball being kept out by great saves or a block

I'm puzzled at why you think that would happen.

What, why Long would be playing in the championship? Because he doesn’t score any goals buddy, it’s not really that puzzling, is it..

Don’t get me wrong, I like long, I like his work rate, I like the work he does outside the box, but let’s not pretend that a striker who scores a 1-5 goals a season is good enough to cut it in the PL. it’s lucky that Ings has been as good in front of goal as he has been, otherwise we’d have been right in the sh!t... and that’s in part to no other striker scoring goals.

What, why Long would be playing in the championship? Because he doesn’t score any goals buddy, it’s not really that puzzling, is it..

Don’t get me wrong, I like long, I like his work rate, I like the work he does outside the box, but let’s not pretend that a striker who scores a 1-5 goals a season is good enough to cut it in the PL. it’s lucky that Ings has been as good in front of goal as he has been, otherwise we’d have been right in the sh!t... and that’s in part to no other striker scoring goals.

Long has scored as many as JRod this season. Does it really matter who scores so long as you win? He does more than enough work to justify his place in the Premier league.

So the general consensus seems to be at least half of burnleys team get in ours, along with the other facts and evidence do we still think we’re better then them?

At the start of the season, playing 5-3-2, absolutely not.

Now, playing 4-2-2-2 and having outscored them since we changed, yes.

I don’t care about individuals. They have their system, we have ours. I believe over a whole season and without a typhoon hitting both our games, we’d get more points.

At the start of the season, playing 5-3-2, absolutely not.

Now, playing 4-2-2-2 and having outscored them since we changed, yes.

I don’t care about individuals. They have their system, we have ours. I believe over a whole season and without a typhoon hitting both our games, we’d get more points.

How many have we conceded in that time? Genuine question, as it’s a pretty important bit of info to that argument.

So the general consensus seems to be at least half of burnleys team get in ours, along with the other facts and evidence do we still think we’re better then them?

Consensus means fck all here. Lucky to even beat Bournemouth at the weekend.

You still banging on about Burnley. Did you love Stoke a few years ago?

Of course I’m going to mention Burnley, when the question was directly about Long and Jay-Rod / their strikers. Not going to start mentioning Norwich’s record when it’s completely irrelevant am I... top input though fella

You still banging on about Burnley. Did you love Stoke a few years ago?

Of course I’m going to mention Burnley, when the question was directly about Long and Jay-Rod / their strikers. Not going to start mentioning Norwich’s record when it’s completely irrelevant am I... top input though fella

I can see why you want to digress from thread topic you started. I thought this was about why we are in a relegation fight. So we wouldn’t be if we could be like the superstars up at Burnley.

Did you have a moan about our fans too? Lots of us will sing Shane Long’s name whereas likes of you just covet other sh1t teams players. #propersupporter