Transfer Deadline Day Jan 2017 Edition

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

In his mealy-mouthed defence, Les would claim that doesn't mean we'll bring a player in. It only means we'll be in a position to replace Fonte, namely we'll give ourselves enough time to find a replacement. Whether we do so and get a deal over the line is another matter.

Les Reed: more mealy mouthed than a mealworm eating a Happy Meal buried in a bucket of oatmeal.

I'm not sure I am going to accept people pretending that "be in a position to replace him" actually meant "we are not going to buy a replacement".

It's the old "Why don't we spend the money on the NHS" bus slogan.

I'm happy that people think he's been disingenuous, but to accuse him of lying is patently untrue.

I'm not sure I am going to accept people pretending that "be in a position to replace him" actually meant "we are not going to buy a replacement".

Exactly and, in context of Les saying we wouldn't let him go on deadline day, why would the timing of the sale matter if we were replacing from within? Les led us to believe we'd be buying or loaning a replacement and he hasn't delivered. Despite what his apologists say he's got a track record of saying things and then not delivering.

With VVD out he's taken a huge gamble.

Really poor that we're in this position so late in the window.

We've known since the summer that fonte wanted to leave, a replacement should have been lined up months ago, especially when we're given the black box spill every year and Les stating on any given opportunity 'we don't panic buy' 'we know who we're getting 6 months before the sign'. IMO season well and truly over if we don't get at least 1 CB in the next 3 hours.... starting to doubt it'll happen :scared:

It's the old "Why don't we spend the money on the NHS" bus slogan.

I'm happy that people think he's been disingenuous, but to accuse him of lying is patently untrue.

Still no.

It's not about lying. It's about that he fu cked up. He tasked himself with getting a replacement and he's tried to get one and he's failed to get one (IF he fails. 180 minutes and counting....).

Still no.

It's not about lying. It's about that he fu cked up. He tasked himself with getting a replacement and he's tried to get one and he's failed to get one (IF he fails. 180 minutes and counting....).

I don't disagree that he's failed by the way, I think we are in desperate need of a CB.

However, I stand by what I said above.

The amount of times we are failing to score away from this season is beyond a joke. Pathetic set up again from the manager. You can write this one off already. If we don't sign a CB then Reed fully deserves to feel the full brunt of the fans in my opinion

Rumours now that Sakho to Palace is on loan - WTF are we waiting for then? This is redicilous really

Agree. Not sure Sakho is the answer to our problems, but I'd be a hell of a lot more confident having him next to Yoshida rather than stephens/Gardos

Rumours now that Sakho to Palace is on loan - WTF are we waiting for then? This is redicilous really

Exactly! Liverpool said they were only interested in selling when we enquired about a loan. Now he's going on loan to CP.

Just seen a report that Les is trying to sign Ake for £18m. Sounds like bull**** to me.

Exactly! Liverpool said they were only interested in selling when we enquired about a loan. Now he's going on loan to CP.

Just seen a report that Les is trying to sign Ake for £18m. Sounds like bull**** to me.

Covered off earlier in thread. Bmouth have bid £18m, now down to player. Played for 2 PL teams already this year, so can play for us for the rest of this season

If our transfer window business is concluded at a five foot third choice goalie from Nice, I reckon Leslie might have to face a few thorny questions as we stagger over the line or collapse short of it.

Pretty sure we've got Gabbiadini, but we won't announce it while the game is on (although we should have announced it before the game).

Les has had 6 months since he knew Fonte wanted out to sort a replacement. Given the injury to Virgil 10 days ago you think that might've accelerated our search for a new CB, but the only concrete link appear to be us trying for a player already injured, in which the deal broke down. So poor...just completely undermines our chances in the EFL final. Puel should feel let down. No doubt we'll get some backslapping piece in the Torygraph in the next week or so discussing our amazing transfer policy and how we never panic buy. There doesn't appear to have been any future planning for Fonte's exit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the CB....I do wonder if we had a preferred target who for some reason became unavailable. There was the ITK hints at an off-the-radar signing of someone we'd been after a while.

Hence looking to Sakho and the Tasci(sp?) fellas as loan options?

Surely we'll get one of these two in?

It will go down as a **** poor performance by Les if we don't get a CB.

Les has had 6 months since he knew Fonte wanted out to sort a replacement. Given the injury to Virgil 10 days ago you think that might've accelerated our search for a new CB, but the only concrete link appear to be us trying for a player already injured, in which the deal broke down. So poor...just completely undermines our chances in the EFL final. Puel should feel let down. No doubt we'll get some backslapping piece in the Torygraph in the next week or so discussing our amazing transfer policy and how we never panic buy. There doesn't appear to have been any future planning for Fonte's exit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do wonder how long the club can take the fans for mugs before there is a reaction. Sfc are very lucky that they have managed to get to a final this year otherwise the knives would be out and for good reason. I expect that no matter what happens puel will now keep his job for next season and we can generate some good pr in lieu of actual signings.

I do wonder how long the club can take the fans for mugs before there is a reaction. Sfc are very lucky that they have managed to get to a final this year otherwise the knives would be out and for good reason. I expect that no matter what happens puel will now keep his job for next season and we can generate some good pr in lieu of actual signings.

I do wonder how short the memories of some of our fans are.

There's Championship clubs spending £10 - £15m on players these days. £20m for average Premiership players is a sign of the times. At some point we're just going to have to start coughing up if we want to compete with our rivals. I could understand us not wanting to pay big money if we were strapped for cash, but we're not.

There's Championship clubs spending £10 - £15m on players these days. £20m for average Premiership players is a sign of the times. At some point we're just going to have to start coughing up if we want to compete with our rivals. I could understand us not wanting to pay big money if we were strapped for cash, but we're not.

Yes there are. But you often look at them and think how stupid they are. Sensible spending or not? Often not.

Yes there are. But you often look at them and think how stupid they are. Sensible spending or not? Often not.

But it's not stupidity, it's driven by the "sky money". Had the extra money not suddenly been made available, player prices wouldn't be as high as they are. It was inevitable wasn't it? Loads more money pouring into clubs = loads more money being demanded for average players. Saints really do need to wake up and realise that average players are no longer cheap and there are no bargains. For once in this current Saints management's tenure, they need to f**king spend.

But it's not stupidity, it's driven by the "sky money". Had the extra money not suddenly been made available, player prices wouldn't be as high as they are. It was inevitable wasn't it? Loads more money pouring into clubs = loads more money being demanded for average players. Saints really do need to wake up and realise that average players are no longer cheap and there are no bargains. For once in this current Saints management's tenure, they need to f**king spend.

I'm no fan of the silly money that's banded around but it's the way the game's gone. You can try and fight it but the reality is that if you want to compete you have to splash the cash. It's the same when it comes to wages. If you're not prepared to pay what others will then you've not got a hope in hell of signing the player. I'm not condoning it, just saying that's how it is these days.

Nothing will happen, Les Reed is an arrogant f... wit, our League campaign is a shambles and that bigoted incompetent **** is happy to ramble along with player after player getting injured leaving our squad down to the bare bones and he does sod all to help the team or the manager try to rectify it. Our cup final appearance just masks over what that useless c..t is to our club. Seething.

Nothing will happen, Les Reed is an arrogant f... wit, our League campaign is a shambles and that bigoted incompetent **** is happy to ramble along with player after player getting injured leaving our squad down to the bare bones and he does sod all to help the team or the manager try to rectify it. Our cup final appearance just masks over what that useless c..t is to our club. Seething.

sarcastic-applause-smiley-emoticon.gif