Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

What is the point of loaning him without a guarenteed purchase?

A year ago he would have been in most people's list of our top 3 or 5 players and now we are about to loan him to a PL rival seemingly without a guarenteed purchase.

We look very light in that position unless Reed becomes a viable option and I bet we won't replace Lemina.

JWP better more advanced and we know Romeu will get suspensions.

Seems a poor deal unless it allows us to make a move.

when he comes back, we can then say our squad will be stronger. good forward planning

A year ago he would have been in most people's list of our top 3 or 5 players and now we are about to loan him to a PL rival seemingly without a guarenteed purchase.

We look very light in that position unless Reed becomes a viable option and I bet we won't replace Lemina.

Can only assume it's our only option and that it *possibly* helps bring in a new player?

'Option to buy' never seems to work with our loan-outs.

So what other options are there if no side wants to buy or guarantee buying him? Do you all suggest we let him sit on sidelines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite. It seems that our fans think that we dictate the terms on which we offload players.

So what other options are there if no side wants to buy or guarantee buying him? Do you all suggest we let him sit on sidelines?

Have we tried making his life hell?

A bit of common sense was sorely need on this thread and you have supplied it. If his loan didn't work out for whatever reason he will be worth even less next year. Lemexit means Lemexit!

A bit of common sense was sorely need on this thread and you have supplied it. If his loan didn't work out for whatever reason he will be worth even less next year. Lemexit means Lemexit!

So Boris. ...how do we make the EU who are not interested in buying him do that ? How do we force them into loans with commitment to buy if they are not interested in that deal?

No idea how reliable Soccer Link are as a source:

Southampton's agreement with Wolves over Mario Lemina has taken time to iron out due to a clause Wolves wanted to put in the deal.

Lemina is out-of-favour at Southampton and has actively been looking to find another club this summer.

He is expected to stay in the Premier League by moving to Wolves on loan from Southampton, with a deal having been worked out.

The agreement will see Lemina play his football at Wolves next season and Nuno's side will then be obliged to buy him permanently next summer.

According to French outlet Soccer Link, the reason for the delay in the deal being agreed was down to a request from Wolves.

Wolves wanted a clause putting in the agreement which specified that Lemina had to make 30 or more appearances for the mandatory option to apply.

It is unclear whether Southampton have agreed to the request from their fellow Premier League side.

Lemina had interest from a host of clubs this summer, both in the Premier League and abroad, but now looks set to sign for Wolves on an initial loan.

Source: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/08/06/wolves-request-delayed-final-agreement-with-southampton-for-mario-lemina/432648/

That's a real try before you buy. If he's good enough he prob will do 30, presume not just league games. If he's cack, then he won't make 30 games.

and let's not forget, he's never done 30 games in a season before. Done 29 a couple of times

Watdord reject 2nd Everton bid for Doucoure.

@DominicKing_DM: Watford have rebuffed a second Everton bid for Abdoulaye Doucoure (£36.7m) and are adamant that he will not be sold so close to the window

Everton still have cash to burn considering this AND that they still plan to make another Zaha bid.

Watdord reject 2nd Everton bid for Doucoure.

Everton still have cash to burn considering this AND that they still plan to make another Zaha bid.

And where are they getting that cash from then? Must be infringing FFP by now. Reckless spending, probably won't get them any nearer the top 6.

Not literally down but down in the way Huddersfield and Fulham were clearly down.

While I would also expect Sheffield Utd to be relegated and Norwich to be in the mix, don't forget that people were saying similar things about Cardiff, and while they were relegated, it did go down to the final couple of weekends.

While I would also expect Sheffield Utd to be relegated and Norwich to be in the mix, don't forget that people were saying similar things about Cardiff, and while they were relegated, it did go down to the final couple of weekends.

That was mostly due to our gifting them all six points. Two draws and they would have been cast adrift much earlier.

Same source as before. Personal terms agreed, waiting on clubs to agree deal, Saints standing firm on a decent deal. Expect progress tomorrow as neither wants to go into final day.

I’d take a lower fee if it gets him out permanently. Obligation after 30 games doesn’t do us any favours (unless he looks amazing for them). Not sure Nuno will put up with his bad games.

So Wolves want Lemina for a year whilst the player they really want remains in France for a year after they sign him. Absolutely no chance they play Lemina enough to actually be forced to sign him when they've got a £35m player coming in next summer.
They'll be raided for Neves soon enough, and Moutinho isn't getting any younger.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

They'll be raided for Neves soon enough, and Moutinho isn't getting any younger.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

And Wolves were very lucky with injuries last season. Mario will change that.

Where now Mario, now even Wolves have moved on??? :D

He'll need to back down, apologise, and come back raring to go.

Unfortunately, and I don't want to say this in a disparaging way, but generally the Sub Saharan way is to earn as much as you can, chasing the paychecks. It's the culture they're brought up with when the talent is obviously there. This leads to situations like this - the only reason Mane didn't go mental was that we promised him a move the following Summer with a minimum set price we'd take.

Where now Mario, now even Wolves have moved on??? :D

No point in loaning him out without an obligation to buy. Any loan fee would unlikely cover the drop in value given he’d only have 2 years left on his contract next summer.

Big issue is reintegrating him into the squad after all his childish antics on Insta.

No point in loaning him out without an obligation to buy. Any loan fee would unlikely cover the drop in value given he’d only have 2 years left on his contract next summer.

Big issue is reintegrating him into the squad after all his childish antics on Insta.

Serious question - what childish antics? And unless he’s disrespectful do players take any notice?

We need him to stay if we don’t get anyone else in. Almost every time he plays I think he stand out as one of the best players on the pitch. Yes he had a few stinkers but if he can stay fit he’s a real asset.

He should be motivated to earn himself a bigger move next summer instead of going sideways now. He’s current record wasn’t enough to attract the biggest clubs which he should be well aware off by now.

What antics?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice