Saints vs Arsenal - Build up

SuperSAINT

Ings, Bertrand and Cedric were maybes I believe for Saturday so should be a greater chance of seeing them this week.

Full week to train as well get some ideas across, next to contenders for terrible centre back of the week to try out. I am presuming Stephens might get a shout with Bednerak. Then we'll be back to Hoedt who hasn't done any howlers in front of the new manager yet.

It will be interesting to see what the new manager thinks about players now after watching them in a match. People sit on this board and complain about certain players (or all the players), but its meaningless and usually uneducated. I am looking forward to seeing what changes he makes to roles, time, and formations

Ings, Bertrand and Cedric were maybes I believe for Saturday so should be a greater chance of seeing them this week.

Full week to train as well get some ideas across, next to contenders for terrible centre back of the week to try out. I am presuming Stephens might get a shout with Bednerak. Then we'll be back to Hoedt who hasn't done any howlers in front of the new manager yet.

To be fair on Hoedt, as bad as he has been he has never been as bad a Vestergard was on Saturday.

actually think with Arsenal having a makeshift defence we'll get something on Sunday as long as we have Bertrand and Ings back - looking forward to it.

Hopefully fans get behind the side seeing as it's Hasehuettl's first game

They could have the cast of 'last of the summer wine' at the back & we wouldn't get anything from the game.

This game will mark 951 days since we last beat a top 6 side in the league.

Got a funny feeling we will pinch this one*

*cheeky insurance bet placed just in case

giphy.gif

Not sure why anyone still hankers after us beating a top side, I just wish we could beat anyone.......

I mean, it's getting to the point in the PL (and certainly for Saints) that if this was an option teams would take it. If nothing else they will field a weakened team because they know they can't get anything from the match.

In matches against teams outside the top 5, the top 5 have won 89% of the points available. You might expect that against, say, the bottom 5, but not against the rest of the entire division. With nearly half the season gone that is an insane statistic.

Have you ever posted anything that has materialised??

You talk from a position of authority but personally I think you chat ****e.

Yes, I have

Personally, I think you’re the end of a bell. Don’t need to justify anything to anyone. I just pass on what I get told.

However, am happy to tell the mods my sources if they so wish.

I think attack is the best form of defence for this one. Arsenal may be somewhat makeshift at the back and we will have had a full week of training to work on shape, pressing triggers etc.

Bad news if Bertrand is done with us, as Targett doesn't have the engine to get up and down sufficiently.

If we assume Ralph wants the 4222 and that Ings, Obafemi and Long are injured then I'd go with:

-------------Redmond--------Gabbi-------------

---------Lemina--------------------Armstrong

-----------Romeu-----Heeyoibee-erg--------

Cedric----Yoshida----Bednarek----Stephens

---------------------McCarthy---------------------------

I think attack is the best form of defence for this one. Arsenal may be somewhat makeshift at the back and we will have had a full week of training to work on shape, pressing triggers etc.

Bad news if Bertrand is done with us, as Targett doesn't have the engine to get up and down sufficiently.

If we assume Ralph wants the 4222 and that Ings, Obafemi and Long are injured then I'd go with:

-------------Redmond--------Gabbi-------------

---------Lemina--------------------Armstrong

-----------Romeu-----Heeyoibee-erg--------

Cedric----Yoshida----Bednarek----Stephens

---------------------McCarthy---------------------------

Good team. I can't believe I'm saying this: But Shane Long would be handy in that formation.

Shame to read that; but it's very believable.
My comments would be:

1. He "lost the armband" through suspension at Fulham i.e he had to lose it for that game

2. I don't see any good PL sides that need a left back. City are coping just fine without Mendy, he will be back soon anyway and Bertrand is probably a bit old for their style

3. I was speaking to someone close to the squad at the Fulham game, someone who speaks to RB on a semi-regular basis and he said that Bertrand is totally misunderstood and that he is well respected, professional and a leader within the squad.

Personally, and this may be very naïve but I don't think RB would stop playing football in November just because he is fed up of being at Saints.

My comments would be:

1. He "lost the armband" through suspension at Fulham i.e he had to lose it for that game

2. I don't see any good PL sides that need a left back. City are coping just fine without Mendy, he will be back soon anyway and Bertrand is probably a bit old for their style

3. I was speaking to someone close to the squad at the Fulham game, someone who speaks to RB on a semi-regular basis and he said that Bertrand is totally misunderstood and that he is well respected, professional and a leader within the squad.

Personally, and this may be very naïve but I don't think RB would stop playing football in November just because he is fed up of being at Saints.

Good to read your comments. I've always liked RB, and at his top, sprinting down the flank, linking up with an attacking player and whipping a cross in there are few better in the modern game. I hope you are right - would love to see him back soon, working with Ralph and re-energising our squad. The new Manager needs players like Bertrand to launch the recovery from our plight.

My comments would be:

If I was to bet on this, or him having thrown a wobbly, I would be betting on this.

Underless RaHa is a miracle worker, I can't see us getting anything but a new one torn for us if teams like Fulham and Cardiff can create so many chances against us with relative ease :-(

Happy to be proven otherwise. Hopefully Cedric and Bertie will come back fresh and re focused for the job at hand. And Ings with his goalscoring boots back on would be a bonus!!

Yes. He’s having a paddy. He’s got the hump. Armband has been taken off him and he’s acting up. He’s a trouble maker.

Have you ever posted anything that has materialised??

You talk from a position of authority but personally I think you chat ****e.

I think you should apologise, Avenue. I have no idea who TID may be, but he is definitely ITK. If he says it, I believe it.

Hoping for a change of fortunes this Sunday as the players have been doing 3 x double sessions from Monday to Weds.

Long and Ings again are doing light ball work and no chance of being ready for Sunday.

Thank you for the updates from the training ground Pilchards, much appreciated.