Puel

9-3

This is what the majority think but they're being drowned out by the whines of a rather loud and persistent minority. alpine and Batman do not speak for most Saints fans.

Not at the game on Sat in Kingsland N and Northam it wasn't. Reed copped it more than Puel though. Puel is just too compliant and needed to challenge Reed in the last 2 Windows, let's hope Caceres gets them both out of a hole eh?

This is what the majority think but they're being drowned out by the whines of a rather loud and persistent minority. alpine and Batman do not speak for most Saints fans.

You spelt Minority wrong! I bet another poll would show the balance has tipped even further in favour of him going what's written there is just a load of guff Imo! We can't win a game but at least he's not complained , he's played some kids and we have good possession stats !?

The facebook page for SFC is now absolutely overrun with Puel and Reed dislike/hate.

The FB page used to be cleaned up and all negative posts used to be deleted very quickly. However the last month or two its probably become a fulltime job and they have stopped deleting as many posts.

Literally every post made is meet with 50-100 posts saying "Puel out" within about 10 minutes

The facebook page for SFC is now absolutely overrun with Puel and Reed dislike/hate.

The FB page used to be cleaned up and all negative posts used to be deleted very quickly. However the last month or two its probably become a fulltime job and they have stopped deleting as many posts.

Literally every post made is meet with 50-100 posts saying "Puel out" within about 10 minutes

Indeed, a few lone voices have swelled to a deafening clamour.

"he has got us defensively solid" hahahahaha we have concede 8 in the last 2 home games!!

Of the academy he gave opportunities to how many were in the side on Saturday....two and one of those is forced as no-one else and the other is the lovechild of Reed.

If you think its a loud and persistent minority then I suggest you don't go to many games and are on a wind up troll like on here and trying to sound like Dalek 2 the sequel.

I was firmly in the Puel support camp but he has shown nothing lately but stubbornness and lack of tactics to change our slump. On Saturday he had Romeu virtually playing behind Yosh at times for protection he was lost trying to do too many jobs not his own - he picked JWP and Davis neither tackle so surrendered it to Noble and Snodgrass. At least Koeman tried 3-5-2 to get out of slump not blindly picked the same failing formation.

"he has got us defensively solid" hahahahaha we have concede 8 in the last 2 home games!!

Of the academy he gave opportunities to how many were in the side on Saturday....two and one of those is forced as no-one else and the other is the lovechild of Reed.

If you think its a loud and persistent minority then I suggest you don't go to many games and are on a wind up troll like on here and trying to sound like Dalek 2 the sequel.

I was firmly in the Puel support camp but he has shown nothing lately but stubbornness and lack of tactics to change our slump. On Saturday he had Romeu virtually playing behind Yosh at times for protection he was lost trying to do too many jobs not his own - he picked JWP and Davis neither tackle so surrendered it to Noble and Snodgrass. At least Koeman tried 3-5-2 to get out of slump not blindly picked the same failing formation.

"he has got us defensively solid" hahahahaha we have concede 8 in the last 2 home games!!" A little bit unfair since he lost both of our best CB's through no fault of his own just prior to those two games....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

no one can deny that Claude is a top bloke (or at least comes across that way) and yes imo he has handled himself with class given the challenges he's faced, but that doesn't get results.

Loose to Sunderland (which given our away and current form this season, is highly likely) and they'll only be 5 points behind us. How anyone can say we're not in a relegation battle is beyond me. Completely appreciate that 2 or 3 wins will see us safe however it's hard to see where these wins are coming from.

Other than a cup final (which has papered over the cracks) this season has been terrible. Even that imo isn't as big of an achievement as some have made out (Palace, Sunderland & Arsenal all had reserves out and Liverpool are just utter sh!te atm).

I'm desperate for Claude to turn things around, but I just can't see it happening. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I can see us being in the same, if not worse position next year and some of our fan base just seem to accept this.

"he has got us defensively solid" hahahahaha we have concede 8 in the last 2 home games!!" A little bit unfair since he lost both of our best CB's through no fault of his own just prior to those two games....

So what protection has he put in place to help them out? He could have put in 2 defensive midfielders to screen the weak areas. He could have gone 4-5-1 - 4.2-3-1 or even 4-4-2 but no he has stuck rigidly to the same formation.

I have not once so far said he should go but he is losing it for me - also what clown put the 2 smallest players in the wall on Saturday - they need shooting!

Against Spurs at home Rose was running riot against Redmond - we got battered for 25 minutes before half time but went in 1-1 he sent out the same players playing the same formation and again battered into 4-1 defeat.

So what protection has he put in place to help them out? He could have put in 2 defensive midfielders to screen the weak areas. He could have gone 4-5-1 - 4.2-3-1 or even 4-4-2 but no he has stuck rigidly to the same formation.

I have not once so far said he should go but he is losing it for me - also what clown put the 2 smallest players in the wall on Saturday - they need shooting!

Against Spurs at home Rose was running riot against Redmond - we got battered for 25 minutes before half time but went in 1-1 he sent out the same players playing the same formation and again battered into 4-1 defeat.

Of course he is playing the same formation, tactics, whatever because it is not the problem. Your solution is to just throw sh!t on the wall until it sticks and by doing that you risk braking what isn't broken and making things worse. Well it can get worse. We have an abysmal keeper who doesn't save anything that isn't hit straight at him, that alone is a massive problem that Puel can't fix, we can't go in goal and do Forster's job for him can he? It doesn't take our opponents many chances before they score and it affects our tactics as we will try to prevent them from having chances at all costs, hence boring, safety first dross. What ****!ng difference will playing 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, 2-1-3-5-3-2-4-5-4-4 or anything else make? Tactics aren't everything and numbers denoting fixed positions in a fluid game like football mean next to nothing. Our defending as a team is top 4 standard (at least is was when Van Dijk was playing), our attacking as a team is among the best outside the top 6, our goalkeeping and our finishing are among the worst in the league, if not the absolute worst. And there is nothing any manager can do about it, we need better players, blame Reed if you want someone to blame. If there is anyone on the coaching staff who should be questioned it's Watson for Forster's alarming collapse in form, never been his biggest fan but he was never anywhere near as bad as this.

Oh, and the clown who put the two smallest players in the wall was Forster, setting the wall is his responsibility.

Of course he is playing the same formation, tactics, whatever because it is not the problem. Your solution is to just throw sh!t on the wall until it sticks and by doing that you risk braking what isn't broken and making things worse. Well it can get worse. We have an abysmal keeper who doesn't save anything that isn't hit straight at him, that alone is a massive problem that Puel can't fix, we can't go in goal and do Forster's job for him can he? It doesn't take our opponents many chances before they score and it affects our tactics as we will try to prevent them from having chances at all costs, hence boring, safety first dross. What ****!ng difference will playing 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, 2-1-3-5-3-2-4-5-4-4 or anything else make? Tactics aren't everything and numbers denoting fixed positions in a fluid game like football mean next to nothing. Our defending as a team is top 4 standard (at least is was when Van Dijk was playing), our attacking as a team is among the best outside the top 6, our goalkeeping and our finishing are among the worst in the league, if not the absolute worst. And there is nothing any manager can do about it, we need better players, blame Reed if you want someone to blame. If there is anyone on the coaching staff who should be questioned it's Watson for Forster's alarming collapse in form, never been his biggest fan but he was never anywhere near as bad as this.

Oh, and the clown who put the two smallest players in the wall was Forster, setting the wall is his responsibility.

So 1 win in 7 isnt worth risking breaking what isn't broken...we have lost to Hull, Palace, Everton, Swansea and West Ham what is worth preserving from this shambles at present? My problem is that he hasn't even tried it when its obvious its not working Koeman tried 3-5-2 it worked....what have we tried?

So you think a midfield of Romeu , Davis and JWP was right on Saturday? We offered no protection at all to the back 4 with Romeu torn between the 2.

I am with you on the rest of your post...Forster.....the only 6ft 7 keeper with no arms is how he plays at present completely shot. All year I have posted its not just Puel is the issue wtf are Black and Watson doing on matchday and training sessions?

Ok Reed hasn't supported Puel well IMO but there are things he can try...he doesn't.

I don't want to blame anyone I just want someone anyone to put right what is so bad at the moment...I guess Ranieri is saying the same!

Personally I don't put a lot of stock in the rants of the masses. Too many with knee jerk reactions who have no clear picture of what they want.

Puel / Reed out is the footballing equivalent of Brexit. Largely argued for on instinct rather than intelligence and resulting in an exit with no clue of what we want to replace it with.

Regardless, if we're destined to change both (and I am not convinced of the need), let's change one at a time. Otherwise who picks the next manager, Kat, Ralph, some Chinese real estate developer?

The only thing I really have against CP is his god awful interviews. And, realistically, that has zero bearing to how he works on pitch side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puel cannot be blamed for not having enough good players, but he can be questioned for not adapting the shape of the team a little to get better results. Some have asked why we can't try playing PEH alongside Romeu as a second defensive midfielder and I think this is a reasonable question.

A tricky one for me is the style of play. I'm starting to think that he doesn't actually want us to play quite such turgid sideways football as we have been producing, but that with a team with so many average players, they're just not capable of implementing the quick passing game he wants. The reason I say this is because you do see flashes of it, players playing in neat triangles, but it nearly always involves our best players. Of course, it could just be that they are just doing their own thing and ignoring the instructions, but some of the passing moves against Liverpool, for example, suggest to me that this is something we work on in training rather than players randomly pulling it out of nowhere.

Although I like seeing our full backs get forward I wish it didn't feel like the ONLY tactic we have. However, I wonder if again this is because we don't have enough quality in the centre of midfield to build attacks from there. There's always more space in the wide areas, and it allows us to bring some of our better players into play. It's hard to imagine Ward-Prowse or Clasie successfully putting together intricate one-twos or driving runs in the congested area of midfield that we would need to create more chances that way.

Personally I don't put a lot of stock in the rants of the masses. Too many with knee jerk reactions who have no clear picture of what they want.

Puel / Reed out is the footballing equivalent of Brexit. Largely argued for on instinct rather than intelligence and resulting in an exit with no clue of what we want to replace it with.

Regardless, if we're destined to change both (and I am not convinced of the need), let's change one at a time. Otherwise who picks the next manager, Kat, Ralph, some Chinese real estate developer?

The only thing I really have against CP is his god awful interviews. And, realistically, that has zero bearing to how he works on pitch side.

So you're happy with how the team have performed this year?

So you're happy with how the team have performed this year?

No, nor did I say that.

I'm no more happy than I was when Koeman had a similar run of form, or when I was wearing a Fez to Dellhurst Park of the back of series of poor results. Or countless other times when we've had sticky patches.

I just don't think a knee jerk "sack 'em all" approach is the right one - especially how it is then followed inevitably by the same fans itching to pull the trigger bemoaning how we have no stability.

I've seen enough of Puel to think there is something there - and that, but for someone who knows where the goal is, we'd be in a much better position. Regardless, unless there are fundamental problems behind the scenes or you're being cut adrift and need a new man to shake it up, sacking a manager after 2/3rds of a season is lunacy.

This isn't a computer game. Results and building a team takes time. I think a proportion of our fan base have got so used to success they forget that sometimes you have to consolidate your position before moving on again. I happen to think we're at that point.

Just seen this:-

3e34a41a4f371d5b2c7eadec102a053d.jpg

Sorry that's just awful.

He's great as he hasn't complained?

Lol Keoman complains a lot and look where they are in the table! Jose complains and he has had a little bit of success.

If not complaining is a measure of a manager then we could always appoint the tea lady, she is unlikely to complain at x million per year either.

As for the rest of the crap "he gets us in the position to shoot"- how does he? Is he playing through balls? And doesn't that contradict the bit about not being able to put the ball in the net for them..

He is either responsible for the good AND the bad or not responsible for any of it.

Can't pick and choose....or is he responsible for the four wins in the last 16 league games but the other 12 were nothing to do with him?

If we can pick and chose what he is responsible for then...How about 24 goals in 24 games..let's take out the three outliers which we scored 3 goals in and then it's 15 goals in 21 games! Shocking!

He's either crap or really really unlucky!

Scenario:

Saints don't win the EFL and scrape Premier League safety.

How many of you would be genuinely happy with Puel starting next season as manager?

Nope. Sadly, Seen enough now. I'd go balls out for Marco Silva and just as importantly, BACK HIM financially

Scenario:

How many of you would be genuinely happy with Puel starting next season as manager?

OR

Saints win the EFL cup and get into Europe and finish in the top 10? Will that do? I'm assuming some still won't want him.

Edited by Saint_Ash

OR

Saints win the EFL cup and get into Europe and finish in the top 10? Will that do?

Biggest issue for me is the performances. Much like Puels personality its drab and unwatchable.

If we started to win games but still continued with the dull approach and game plans I'd still want Puel out.

He needs to stop the rotation

Completely change his philosophy

Have a personality transplant

Scenario:

Just do not feel he is the right match for the club, the style of football is not "The Southampton Way" which the club harp on about. I think he's got to go this summer regardless.

Puel cannot be blamed for not having enough good players, but he can be questioned for not adapting the shape of the team a little to get better results. Some have asked why we can't try playing PEH alongside Romeu as a second defensive midfielder and I think this is a reasonable question.

A tricky one for me is the style of play. I'm starting to think that he doesn't actually want us to play quite such turgid sideways football as we have been producing, but that with a team with so many average players, they're just not capable of implementing the quick passing game he wants. The reason I say this is because you do see flashes of it, players playing in neat triangles, but it nearly always involves our best players. Of course, it could just be that they are just doing their own thing and ignoring the instructions, but some of the passing moves against Liverpool, for example, suggest to me that this is something we work on in training rather than players randomly pulling it out of nowhere.

Although I like seeing our full backs get forward I wish it didn't feel like the ONLY tactic we have. However, I wonder if again this is because we don't have enough quality in the centre of midfield to build attacks from there. There's always more space in the wide areas, and it allows us to bring some of our better players into play. It's hard to imagine Ward-Prowse or Clasie successfully putting together intricate one-twos or driving runs in the congested area of midfield that we would need to create more chances that way.

I'm sure this is the case.

I reckon he was recruited on the understanding that he would try to implement a certain style and would stick to his guns.

Unfortunately, his striking options were utterly unsuited to that style (Long's touch isn't good enough, Austin isn't mobile enough, Jay Rod isn't fit enough) and his midfield options are not dynamic enough.

Add to that the disappearance of Fonte, Virgil's injury, Forster being pretty crap and our reserve keeper being injured and he's been dealt a pretty ****ty hand IMO.

I think Boufal and Gabbiadini will work out well in the long-term and if we fix the CB issue and our injuries then we're really just a quality CM signing away from having a potentially very good team under Puel.

I think a 4231 would suit us better but if the club have consciously decided not to do that and Puel was recruited on that basis then I don't think it's fair to blame him.

Sorry that's just awful.

He's great as he hasn't complained?

Lol Keoman complains a lot and look where they are in the table! Jose complains and he has had a little bit of success.

If not complaining is a measure of a manager then we could always appoint the tea lady, she is unlikely to complain at x million per year either.

As for the rest of the crap "he gets us in the position to shoot"- how does he? Is he playing through balls? And doesn't that contradict the bit about not being able to put the ball in the net for them..

He is either responsible for the good AND the bad or not responsible for any of it.

Can't pick and choose....or is he responsible for the four wins in the last 16 league games but the other 12 were nothing to do with him?

If we can pick and chose what he is responsible for then...How about 24 goals in 24 games..let's take out the three outliers which we scored 3 goals in and then it's 15 goals in 21 games! Shocking!

He's either crap or really really unlucky!

The manager is responsible for setting the team up. For patterns of play, defensive shape, dealing with set pieces, match strategy etc.

I find it hard to blame Puel for Long or Redmond's lack of composure, Jay Rod's fitness or Forster's dodgy form; nor Virgil's injury, Austin's injury, Fonte's sale etc...

Generally, we concede few shots against and have more opportunities than the opponent to win the match. I think that's been the case in most games this season apart from against some of the top opposition. That means the manager has done fairly well IMO. On Saturday, West Ham created one decent chance all match (the first goal). Apart from that they offered nothing but scored two more through individual errors and players making mistakes. Not Puel's fault.

Scenario:

It depends.

He wants to play a technical and fairly fluid style of play. He has one striker who suits that and is lacking in midfield options that suit that.

If we recruit the right players to suit the style I would be perfectly happy.

If we expect him to make do with Long, Austin, JWP, Clasie and Davis then we might as well get a pragmatist like Pulis, Fat Sam etc. and get it in the mixer. I'm not too keen on that approach myself.

I actually think Puel will come good if Les and the board let him.

In truth we should have smashed West Ham with the chances we created. And we're (Forster) is either getting absolutely no luck or he's turned into a cack keeper.

I honestly think that if we kept Puel and gave him a bit more money this summer to strengthen the key areas we would be challenging top 7 again.

In truth we should have smashed West Ham with the chances we created. And we're (Forster) is either getting absolutely no luck or he's turned into a cack keeper.

I honestly think that if we kept Puel and gave him a bit more money this summer to strengthen the key areas we would be challenging top 7 again.

Indeed.

But apparently he's ruined Ron's style (get it forward and hope Mane does something).

I agree, some of the football under Puel has been nice but there are some players this season who don't look like they want to be here. I think Forster will go in the summer and this Keeper we have brought in is to replace him, Arsenal have been monitoring him for a while now and he has let it know to some that he wants to go. I'd like to see Puel backing in the summer transfer window and see how he does with no restraints.

What was our style under Koeman?

Would imagine you saw many games over the last couple of years?

Mix of short and long balls, getting the ball forward quickly, sound in defence and ruthless when a few goals up. A few bum games but quick to adapt & tactically very flexible.

IMO

Mix of short and long balls, getting the ball forward quickly, sound in defence and ruthless when a few goals up. A few bum games but quick to adapt & tactically very flexible.

IMO

Agree to some extent with that bold bit. Which is why I don't think we really had a style with him. Sometimes we played some nice stuff. Sometimes we played some utterly hopeless long-ball dross. Sometimes we pressed high. Sometimes we sat deep.

He was a pragmatist - sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.

And I think that's partly why the club weren't that bothered with him leaving, rightly or wrongly.

IMO

Yep sounds like Koeman. Puel is stuck in his ways, rumours of player discontent, rotation policy which has only worked in the league cup and poor boring negative football.

Er...possession doesn't win games and put points on the board. I think Puel has a lot to prove, admittedly he has been unlucky with injuries and he should have had some signings in the summer, but the article is not what most people think imo.

I'm sure this is the case.

I reckon he was recruited on the understanding that he would try to implement a certain style and would stick to his guns.

Unfortunately, his striking options were utterly unsuited to that style (Long's touch isn't good enough, Austin isn't mobile enough, Jay Rod isn't fit enough) and his midfield options are not dynamic enough.

Add to that the disappearance of Fonte, Virgil's injury, Forster being pretty crap and our reserve keeper being injured and he's been dealt a pretty ****ty hand IMO.

I think Boufal and Gabbiadini will work out well in the long-term and if we fix the CB issue and our injuries then we're really just a quality CM signing away from having a potentially very good team under Puel.

I think a 4231 would suit us better but if the club have consciously decided not to do that and Puel was recruited on that basis then I don't think it's fair to blame him.

Agree about the striking options. I was thinking how our possession based game really needs a centre forward that can hold up the ball and bring others into play. Although Long often finds a way to be a thorn in the side of the opposition, he doesn't suit that at all and Rodriguez has been poor more often than not. Losing Austin was a big blow, as although he wasn't mobile, I still saw him doing that pivotal role effectively on a number of occasions (I know he had a few stinkers too). It looks like Gabbiadini might be adept at filling that void.

No, nor did I say that.

I'm no more happy than I was when Koeman had a similar run of form, or when I was wearing a Fez to Dellhurst Park of the back of series of poor results. Or countless other times when we've had sticky patches.

I just don't think a knee jerk "sack 'em all" approach is the right one - especially how it is then followed inevitably by the same fans itching to pull the trigger bemoaning how we have no stability.

I've seen enough of Puel to think there is something there - and that, but for someone who knows where the goal is, we'd be in a much better position. Regardless, unless there are fundamental problems behind the scenes or you're being cut adrift and need a new man to shake it up, sacking a manager after 2/3rds of a season is lunacy.

This isn't a computer game. Results and building a team takes time. I think a proportion of our fan base have got so used to success they forget that sometimes you have to consolidate your position before moving on again. I happen to think we're at that point.

Fantastic post. That is all.

Biggest issue for me is the performances. Much like Puels personality its drab and unwatchable.

If we started to win games but still continued with the dull approach and game plans I'd still want Puel out.

He needs to stop the rotation

Completely change his philosophy

Have a personality transplant

Agree with all this apart from personality transplant (however I'm not saying he's not dull to listen to) which is harsh.

Can't believe some people still back him. Sign defenders and problems are sorted. No it will be the same crap negative football. We have not scored many goals because we don't attack teams. This is not a knee jerk reaction he has had 35 ish games and has changed an entertaining high pressing side into a negative defensive side. He's got his ideas across and it has led to a season where the style of football is boring and predictable.

Yes he has reached the league cup final but Europe was poor, FA Cup embarrassing and the fact he said he'll do it again. That has destroyed confidence and the league form is woeful. With the exception of the League Cup there is no achievements.

I'm realistic and know full well how far this club has come. In an ideal world, I'd like Puel to stay if he was good enough.

However, I'm under the firm belief he will take us down, and have feared this since his appointment.

Relegation would mean curtains for this club, a scenario far worse than 2008/9. What happens if Liebherr pulls out, as believed, and we struggle to find decent owners? We become a far less enticing prospect in the Chanpionship, regardless of parachute payments.

Safety is a must ever season and Puel will never give us this stability.

I'm realistic and know full well how far this club has come. In an ideal world, I'd like Puel to stay if he was good enough.

However, I'm under the firm belief he will take us down, and have feared this since his appointment.

Relegation would mean curtains for this club, a scenario far worse than 2008/9. What happens if Liebherr pulls out, as believed, and we struggle to find decent owners? We become a far less enticing prospect in the Chanpionship, regardless of parachute payments.

Safety is a must ever season and Puel will never give us this stability.

Did you fear Koeman would take us down when he was appointed? If not, why not considering Puel has a far superior record as coach before joining us than Koeman did.

Or is that just your default position whenever someone new comes in?

if not, why not considering Puel has a far superior record as coach before joining us than Koeman did.

Eh?

For starters Puel has won nothing in the past 17 years.

Koeman has won a number of League titles and cups at a number of clubs

Win percentage as managers Puel 40% Koeman 55%

That's before you look at style, personality and presence

Eh?

For starters Puel has won nothing in the past 17 years.

Koeman has won a number of League titles and cups at a number of clubs

Win percentage as managers Puel 40% Koeman 55%

That's before you look at style, personality and presence

Koeman has won 3 league titles in the Netherlands, 2 with Ajax and 1 very suspect one with PSV. At Ajax Koeman had Ibrahimovic, Sneijder, Van Der Vaart and Maxwell to select. The squad he had was far superior to that of Feyenoord and PSV, anything but the league would have been a massive failure.

Up to his time at Feyenoord he was seen as a average manager in the Netherlands. When he was appointed manager at Feyenoord many fans feared relegation. If he had failed at Feyenoord his managerial career would have been over.

The last few weeks have been disappointing, but with this squad I doubt Koeman would have done a better job then Puel is now.

Koeman has won 3 league titles in the Netherlands, 2 with Ajax and 1 very suspect one with PSV. At Ajax Koeman had Ibrahimovic, Sneijder, Van Der Vaart and Maxwell to select. The squad he had was far superior to that of Feyenoord and PSV, anything but the league would have been a massive failure.

Up to his time at Feyenoord he was seen as a average manager in the Netherlands. When he was appointed manager at Feyenoord many fans feared relegation. If he had failed at Feyenoord his managerial career would have been over.

The last few weeks have been disappointing, but with this squad I doubt Koeman would have done a better job then Puel is now.

Can debate squad quality + league quality ect

But that wasn't what i replied to. He said Puel has a far superior record (to Koeman)

He doesn't!! Puels record is very very average.... Hence why hes been stuck in the French league all his career.

Before SFC and at SFC Koeman has a better record - way better

Don't agree. West Ham looked pretty comfortable to me. Took Carroll off and strolled through the game. We were so weak when they had the ball it was embarrassing. Dropped too deep, didn't press the ball and let them impose themselves on us.

Don't agree. West Ham looked pretty comfortable to me. Took Carroll off and strolled through the game. We were so weak when they had the ball it was embarrassing. Dropped too deep, didn't press the ball and let them impose themselves on us.

west ham where ****...not sure what that says about us.

West Ham were rubbish.

They looked a mess most times that we crossed the ball and only created one and a half decent chances all match. The fact they scored three times from one a half decent times and we scored once from three or four decent chances is pretty symptomatic of our issues this season.

Alan Shearer on tv for Leicester v Derby and had the audacity to suggest that playing three games a week should be no problem. Finally someone talking with a bit of common sense. Lineker agreed and even suggested he was disappointed if there was no midweek match. As Shearer said, today's young players are told from an early age that it is impossible to play three games in a week so no wonder they believe it.

Scenario:

I can't handle another season of boring football..it's absolute dross. How can anyone can defend our style of football this year. the thought of another season of puel fills me with dread. Sorry but that's my opinion for what it's worth.

Puel is one win away from becoming the first man since Lawrie to qualify for Europe without relying on other sides. WGS got in because Arsenal were already in CL. The last 2 years because CL clubs won cups.

Getting to a league cup final (and losing) is good and on par with managerial greats like Gus Poyet, Paul Jewell, Steve Bruce and Phil Parkinson

Even Tim Sherwood got to an FA Cup final (beating liverpool in the semi's)

Puel is shyte as a manager and we have gotten worse as the season goes on