Player of the season so far?

SNSUN

Usually these things are subjective but this year if anyone doesn't say Redmond then they are actually wrong.

The only people remotely close would be Bednarek but he has only played half the season (not his fault) and Hojbjerg but he has missed too many games through stupid suspensions at key times.

We would be already relegated without Redmond. He has been consistently good, even more impressive as an attacker in a poor side and given what happened last year.

Easily Redmond. He has been very good all season and he’s so vital for the team now.

Bednarek, JWP and hoj obviously have improved a lot and been very good too but without Redmond we would have been doomed for sure.

Redmond has proved many doubters wrong this season.

I know we're still in a terrible position in the league, but do you remember last season? McCarthy won player of the season with no real challenge from any outfield player. It does make me appreciate RH's ability to coax good performances out of the players we have and we can see players visibly improving.

Redmond, JWP and Bednarek are prime examples and each could be worthy by the end of the season.

Redmond. If the season started in November then JWP but it didn't.

I thought that to start with, then I realise JWP has caught up with him on chances created and over took him on league goals in half the game time, so had to go for JWP

I thought that to start with, then I realise JWP has caught up with him on chances created and over took him on league goals in half the game time, so had to go for JWP
Lol, you would go for JWP if he hadnyt played for a year

Lol, you would go for JWP if he hadnyt played for a year

i really don't think i would, how can some one who don't play win player of the year might happen in your world, but in the real world, it don't happen.

All entitled to have are own opinions, you think 3 league goals in 28 games played so far this season Redmond is player of the year playing as a 2nd striker. fair enough.

I think 4 goal CM in 16 games is more deserving.

Ofc the season is not over yet, still a long way to go.

Redmond, but JWP if he gets another 4 or 5 goals this season.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Why does the CM need 10 goals for POTY while the 2nd striker / winger main attacking player who is responsible for creating and scoring goals ok at just 3?

• 1 month later...

1) Redmond. Our most dynamic and positive player over the course of the season. Was good before RH came in but has taken his game to a new level since.

2) Bednarek. Our defence was a mess beforehand, but he has steadied the ship and generally been a revelation. He is our best central defender and has serious potential. We will likely make a lot of money from him in a couple of seasons.

3) PEH. Has stepped up to the mark this season when needed chipping in with some important goals. Very intelligent player and has led by example.

Honourable mention to JWP who has been one of the feel-good stories this season. What an incredible resurgence and looks like he is finally fulfilling the potential. Probably just a bit too late to crack the top three. Valery would totally deserve young player of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bednarek, JWP and Hojbjerg have all done well, albeit none for the entire season.

Redmond has played every league game, been our best player in many and our main attacking threat in pretty much all.

To come back from his situation last year shows massive character and professionalism.

Without him we would 100% be relegated and for me its not a difficult decision at all: he is clearly the POTS.

Redmond by miles. Even under Hughes' hopeless management he was playing way above the level of everyone else.

Great credit to him - he lost his head last season as his form and confidence crumbled, but he picked himself up over the summer and came back strongly.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Hard question to answer in today's market.

He's English, but not in the national team... so start at around £40m?

40 mill for Redmond :shakey:

Callum Hudson-Odoi for 40 million :nod:

Yep, Defo not 40 million, would say around 18 - 22, 25 million max if a club has competition for his signature.

Has to Redmond for me.

PEH has been very solid but seldom spectacular, and his suspensions didn't help. JWP has had a purple patch and showed some real development under Ralph but (despite what a certain someone thinks) doesn't influence enough games, at least outside of set pieces. Everton being a very obvious exception.

And bednarek has been our best defender and probably most improved player this season. Granted the competition for best defender isn't fantastic, but why on earth he wasn't in the team under Hughes will be a mystery never solved.

Pleased with valery and Gunn, Ings has proved he's a class above on the rare occasions he's made it onto the pitch, otherwise there's nobody worth a mention (saying that, somebody above mentioned Romeu ... why???)

I actually think Redmond is a bit over-rated (that's not to say I don't like him, just not as much as some on here). He doesn't get his head up enough to see the whole picture, impacting his decision making and execution of the the final pass / shot. But he excites, scares defenders, lifts the crowd, works tirelessly and has weighed in with some vital goals.

For me, it's not even a debate this season, he has put the work in and deserves this reward.

40 mill for Redmond :shakey:

Callum Hudson-Odoi for 40 million :nod:

Yep, Defo not 40 million, would say around 18 - 22, 25 million max if a club has competition for his signature.

I'm aware £40m is mental! - Villa wanted £40m for Grealish a year ago.

Maddison went for £25m a year ago & lets be honest, prices haven't dropped.

Between 30-40m without much of an issue I'd have thought, that would be the going rate.

As has been said, there is no sense with transfer fee's anymore. 30m would have given you a Rio or a Ronaldo back in the day, but 30m is now just an average/proven PL player price.

If you want a player of the level of Rio or Rooney or Ronaldo these days, you're looking at nearing £200m. So in this day and age 30-40m is a snip.