Potential Mangers HCDTJFU

Convict Colony

Are you saying Howe did well at Burnley then?....not sure I agree with that. Monk did well at Swansea and yes its a contradiction and why I would like to see what he does in the future elsewhere first but longer term maybe here as he fits.

Do you think a championship manager would be able to manage the expectations/ambitions some of our stars like VVD, Pelle, Tadic or Bertand?

Hopefully Koeman may sign again and all this is irrelevant for a while yet.

He didn't do bad at Burnley and the season following him leaving they were promoted..how much could be credited to him for the team he built? Didn't really follow him or them so not sure if the team was the same or totally overhauled for the following season?

He seems confident, sensible when interviewed and his team seem to love working for him. If he was available I wouldn't be disappointed and as it seems location is important to him we could potentially have him in the role for a long time, which would be something different to the revolving door managers are on these days. All hypothetical of course as he seems happy at Bournemouth and can't see why he would be looking to leave.

I'd love to see us have a manager for ten or fifteen years and see if they can build something but maybe we will never see that sort of thing happen again at any level?

Me too. Don't get all this Moyes admiration...did a solid job at Everton without ever reaching any heights...is the height of our ambition being solid mid-table forever? I want more.

apart from the champions league. Last 16 of the Europa league and a cup final or two

Agree far better RK stays. If he goes I will put in shout for Marco Silva. Managed local club here in Portugal and got them twice to Europa league on zero money. Then to Sporting and now at Olympiakos where Asenal defeat aside he is 16 wins in 16 in their league. He seems good where there is little money and only reason I see Koeman goes in near term is if it seems we are not going to spend.

Gary Monk. Not my choice but PL experienced, used to formation, young, maliable, english, technical, works under a DoF. Board would see a good fit. Money on before end of January.

But unable to coach. Hence why Swansea were bringing in or trying all sorts of people to back him up. Nice bloke but is the last person we need, and we are the last club he needs as well to get back on the managerial merry go round.

Apparently the club has a prevailing philosophy that is meant to ensure seamless movement from the youth teams to the first team, and provide continuity when there are changes of manager. Based on everything that was said when Poch started making headlines, this philosophy revolves around a style of football based on a progressive, sophisticated approach that venerates technical ability and tactical flexibility (playing from rather than in positions) above the English sacred cows of getting stuck in and getting it forward. I don't really care who comes next as long as it someone committed to this approach, but that means I doubt we're going to find them in the UK, and they should probably be 40 or under...

Apparently the club has a prevailing philosophy that is meant to ensure seamless movement from the youth teams to the first team, and provide continuity when there are changes of manager. Based on everything that was said when Poch started making headlines, this philosophy revolves around a style of football based on a progressive, sophisticated approach that venerates technical ability and tactical flexibility (playing from rather than in positions) above the English sacred cows of getting stuck in and getting it forward. I don't really care who comes next as long as it someone committed to this approach, but that means I doubt we're going to find them in the UK, and they should probably be 40 or under...

great summary and puts more support behind the opinion that koeman isn't right for us

I still think Rodgers is a good coach but cannot be trusted with a transfer kitty. Not that I'd want him here that much. Bring back Harry Redknapp. He'd keep us up.

#b ollockswouldhe

Not sure who I'd want. Someone either worldly experienced or experienced in the Premier League.

Martin Jol?

Bit odd how we appointed Koeman then seeing as his football has been nothing like this.

Gary Rowett has done a good job and looks a promising young coach. Would like to be the club that makes appointments like that, if we're serious about the academy stuff too, rather than just a lot of talk.

Moyes would be ok, but not sure it's the style of football we want. Benitez maybe unlikely, but weren't West Ham close to getting him? Seems like money and ambition our problem there, I think he could be convinced if we really went for it. In the summer we could try and steal Howe too. Rodgers might work but his signings worry me. He thought he needed a massive squad for Liverpool and just signed loads of squad players, ended up not knowing his best team, changing it every week and sliding down the table. Much like Koeman.

Definitely some options out there anyway.

I suggested Gary Rowett a few days ago, so agree with you. Turned Birmingham around after sitting at the bottom of the Championship with Lee Clark, all against a backdrop of chaos and no money (they got Carson Yeung, we got Markus - fine lines)

Martin Hunter said this about him - "It does annoy me when English coaches get criticised. We have good coaches – we just don’t have enough of them. One of the best is Gary Rowett. He understands about observation and communication, has a good eye for a player and has good tactical and technical sense.’’

Sure he'll be considered no way good enough for us on here though.

Koeman is the man to take this club forward . We need to bring in more quality over the summer though.

What has Koeman done that makes you think that ?

Has he improved any of our players ?

Has he shown an ability to motivate ?

Is he able to change a game through inspired substitutions ?

Can he plan our formation to suit each team we play with the ability to counteract if needed ?

Can he attract a higher standard of player ?

These are imho the minimum standard we should be demanding from a manager .

Would be keen to hear your opinion

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Can he plan our formation to suit each team we play with the ability to counteract if needed ?

This. He's surviving on reputation alone right now.

As for new manager. Jorge Sampaoli or Eduardo Berizzo would be names I would look at. Agree with Verbal Kint's criteria. A training ground manager is needed, someone who can make the players we have better.

How has he not shown ability to motivate? What was last season all about then?

We've played different formations and got results many times, Arsenal at home the other week.

Clearly he can attract a player of high calibre, we've signed plenty of good players in his time here.

Were you campaigning for Koeman to leave at the end of last season?

It'd be Rodgers. I hope not, but it would be.

Rodgers would actually be hilarious.

I told all my Liverpool supporting friends that I didn't hate Liverpool, just that **** Rodgers.

The stick I would get if he became our manager would be off the charts!

I suggested Gary Rowett a few days ago, so agree with you. Turned Birmingham around after sitting at the bottom of the Championship with Lee Clark, all against a backdrop of chaos and no money (they got Carson Yeung, we got Markus - fine lines)

Martin Hunter said this about him - "It does annoy me when English coaches get criticised. We have good coaches – we just don’t have enough of them. One of the best is Gary Rowett. He understands about observation and communication, has a good eye for a player and has good tactical and technical sense.’’

Sure he'll be considered no way good enough for us on here though.

Not a question as to if he is good enough for us, it's more, is he good enough for the players, many think they are young Gods, and should be treated accordingly. I think they would not have a great deal of respect for Rowett, however good a coach he is.

Not a question as to if he is good enough for us, it's more, is he good enough for the players, many think they are young Gods, and should be treated accordingly. I think they would not have a great deal of respect for Rowett, however good a coach he is.

Good point, but wasn't Alan Ball , or Graeme Sounness mocked for how often they told the squad of their medal haul, (in Ball's case about his WC medal) ?

Rather like when Chris Nicholl was sacked, the obvious outstanding candidate is along the coast at Bournemouth.

Whether Howe might be interested is entirely another matter. He is worshipped down there, would he risk that status, to move here, knowing a big club chance is likely to come his way anyway ? As Bournemouth are showing ambition in backing him in the transfer market would we be such an attractive proposition ?

The name circulated a couple of years ago was Thomas Tuchel, but now that he's at Dortmund there is litttle prospect that he'd give that up - CL & 80,000 crowds - for the relative obscurity of Saints.

Perhaps we dodged a bullet in 1991 not appointing Redknapp, but I still believe he was the outstanding candidate then, and would have been better than Branfoot.

That's a good point, but I would like to think that a good coach should be able to earn that respect once he gets started. Do we have a squad full of big-time-Charlies?

We may also have the problem of a few players being here because of Koeman, so once he's gone I could see a situation arising were they are unsettled. If we have to find a manger that the players instantly respect then it reduces the pool that we choose from.

How has he not shown ability to motivate? What was last season all about then?

We've played different formations and got results many times, Arsenal at home the other week.

Clearly he can attract a player of high calibre, we've signed plenty of good players in his time here.

Were you campaigning for Koeman to leave at the end of last season?

Last season . The slide started at the end of last season and hasn't stopped yet .

How does last season have anything to do with this season ?

Each time we have found a successful formation what happens ? Koeman changes it .

And no I wasn't calling for his head last season , considering how certain posters live to bully others I was hardly going to advertise my opinion but I've never warmed to him at all . Always felt he got lucky with a team that clicked .