Allardyce sacked

OldNick

Allardyce sacked , seems that the Everton fans are going to see a few managers in the next few years. After sneering at us as they took Koeman things have not panned out as they expected. Thankfully Hughes wont be in the frame.

I hope he will bring us the stability we need, and probably is not likely to get poached in the near future

Silva will do well at Everton. Top 8 Finish maybe Europe. Big Sam is a giant blob of antique football tactics.
He did well at Watford at first, but it seems the players didn't like him after a period of time

You reckon Everton wont try to poach Hughes at the 11th hour ?

I wouldnt be so sure. If Hughes isnt appointed Saints manager in the next 24 hours, I reckon something is afoot.

You spend too much time worrying about stuff which isn't ever going to happen.

I wouldnt be so sure. If Hughes isnt appointed Saints manager in the next 24 hours, I reckon something is afoot.

he has credibility withus, I doubt there are many clubs who would give him a second look

For all you guys pooh-poohing my speculation, I seem to recall the same dismissive type of codswallop being written over the likes of Toby signing or not.

Dont forget who will be leading the discussions with Hughes. Our resident expert of the reverse-Midas touch...

For all you guys pooh-poohing my speculation, I seem to recall the same dismissive type of codswallop being written over the likes of Toby signing or not.

Dont forget who will be leading the discussions with Hughes. Our resident expert of the reverse-Midas touch...

I don't rate our negotiation skills one bit but I also can confidently say everton wouldn't want Hughes.

Hughes won't get a club bigger than us just now after relelgating stoke last season.

Hughes needs us as much as we need him. It's a perfect match of averagenes. Everton have bigger aspirations

Big Sam is good at what he was appointed for and that’s to keep clubs in the PL.

I’d have Hughes over Sam, but there is no way that Everton will be interested in Hughes.

Pretty confident it’ll be Silva who ends up there and I think he’ll probably do pretty well.

Silva to Everton is a disaster waiting to happen, but great news for us because that’s one less team we have to worry about.

Everton should’ve stuck with Sam, 8th is a decent achievement for them. Too many teams are impatient - they could’ve waited another year, achieved something similar, let his contract expire and have a far better pick of managers. Unfortunately, Everton seems to think that it’s a big club (it isn’t) and so will try and go for managers that other, bigger teams will be competing for. Meanwhile, the cycle of uncertainty and instability carries on for them. Roberto Martínez still has a higher win percentage than his successors...

With Stoke relegated, Everton now take the mantle for possessing the worst fans in the division, so please let Everton go down, it would be very, very funny for their fans.

Yes they will look at his 2 wins in 8 and be desperate to poach him.

Christ. Hughes deserves a chance with us for turning round a difficult situation but he's miles off a big club being interested again. He has a huge amount to prove as a manager after the Stoke mess this season. Think this is a crucial time for him. If he goes elsewhere, or only stays at Saint a year and doesn't do that well, he's just a journeyman manager. But if he does stay a few years and gets us back on track playing half decent football, I think his reputation will be fairly decent and you can write off this stoke season and the QPR mess as blips.

Can't believe you fell for such an obvious alpine troll post, he's only been doing it for about 10 years.

BFS was never going to be kept on, Everton have delusions of grandeur well above their station. Their intermittent flirtations with relegation are far more recent than the trophies they won 35 years ago but they still think they should be challenging for titles. Next season is a battle for 6th IMO, possibly 5th if a few important people leave Spurs. Arsenal are in a transitional period and have to be the target for about 10 teams in this league.

Everton won't want Hughes.

I like Hughes but IMHO Silva has far more potential

I doubt Hughes would want Everton either at the moment, seems to have an affinity with us and what do you get with Everton at the moment, an underperforming and aging squad, a moany fanbase and an owner expecting the moon by the looks of things. Everton want top 6 with exciting football, that is a big ask for any manager.

I dislike Allarydyce intensely and I'm pretty sure most managers could have steered Everton to safety, but it smacks of ungratefulness to me.

Just like I am not a huge Hughes fan, but I support giving him the job because it's the right thing to do because he's earned that chance.

Ahhh the good old manager merry go round is really starting to pick up momentum now the season had ended.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Him and fatty will just hang around with their pay offs until next seasons relegation battle hots up

Can't believe you fell for such an obvious alpine troll post, he's only been doing it for about 10 years.

BFS was never going to be kept on, Everton have delusions of grandeur well above their station. Their intermittent flirtations with relegation are far more recent than the trophies they won 35 years ago but they still think they should be challenging for titles. Next season is a battle for 6th IMO, possibly 5th if a few important people leave Spurs. Arsenal are in a transitional period and have to be the target for about 10 teams in this league.

Agree about next season.

It's conceivable that Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea all have relatively poor seasons.

Already been reported on my news feed that Everton are considering Mark Hughes .....here we go

When the dust settles on this, Everton will have spent £20M in manager payoffs to Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce in the last 2 years. They may still have to compensate Watford for Silva, as well.

They are a cluster**** of a club under Moshiri.

If they can afford it, why does it matter

We spent the same on a non scoring forward who played about 5 games

When the dust settles on this, Everton will have spent £20M in manager payoffs to Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce in the last 2 years. They may still have to compensate Watford for Silva, as well.

We can't be far behind?

Puel 2 years left at £3.5m

Pellegrino too

Hughes bonus ect.

People in glass houses

I have an old-fashioned belief that wasting at least £20M, much of which occurs as a by-product of pursuing managers under contract to other teams, matters.

I don’t think that bringing player acquisitions into this debate really works when you look at some of the donkeys purchased by Everton under Moshiri.

I don't get the Silva fascination. Other than Estoril he has never had more than one season at any club. If he joins Everton then that will be 5 clubs in 4 years. Also what does success look like to Everton? Top 6 and attractive football? They are going to have to spend a hell of a lot of money to catch up with Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs - all of whom are going to be spending this summer too. They have a decent squad but, very much like us, you could see them getting dragged down towards danger again.

These dinosaurs getting million ££ pays every season, coupled with their transfer back handers, they must be laughing all the way to their Cheshire mansions !!

They did the jobs that they were brought in for. They were always going to be short term appointments.

Can they? Not sure they are a bottomless pit of money, they also probably paid Rooney like £20 million this year and are apparently still going to be paying his wages if he moves to DC, spent £24 million on Klaasen and the £45 million on Siggurdsson who worked out at about £11 million per goal.

All that makes Carrillo look cheap to me.

I don't get the Silva fascination. Other than Estoril he has never had more than one season at any club. If he joins Everton then that will be 5 clubs in 4 years. Also what does success look like to Everton? Top 6 and attractive football? They are going to have to spend a hell of a lot of money to catch up with Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs - all of whom are going to be spending this summer too. They have a decent squad but, very much like us, you could see them getting dragged down towards danger again.

He wins football matches, he got a provincial Portuguese from the 2nd division up challenging with Portugal's big three, broke records at Olympiakos, almost performed a miracle at Hull and gave Watford their best ever start (which basically kept them up as they were pretty much in relegation form for the rest of the season). His loyalty is crap but he's clearly a good manager.

But I doubt he'll take Everton into the top 6, the gap is too big and their squad is still a bit aging and average, to close that gap they'll have to unearth some talents that turn out to be much better than expected, much like we need to do and did before.

The only way anyone out of the top 6 breaks into the top 6 right now is Man City levels of investment, or finding 3-4 players that are a lot better than they appear and they have wonder seasons, and they drag the rest of the squad with them.

Newcastle did it a few years back IIRC, we did it with the likes of Mane, Wanyama etc. and that is pretty much how Leicester did it with Vardy and Mahrez playing like world beaters.

Can they? Not sure they are a bottomless pit of money, they also probably paid Rooney like £20 million this year and are apparently still going to be paying his wages if he moves to DC, spent £24 million on Klaasen and the £45 million on Siggurdsson who worked out at about £11 million per goal.

Dont forget Pickford at £30m?, Morgan at £25m?, Keane at £20m? the Turkish lad upfront, and a few others I can't remember plus the massive cost of acquiring Martina!!

Everton need to bear in mind the spiralling cost of building a new stadium but they will receive more per match revenue and will benefit from the largesse of Liverpool City Council who are effectively underwriting an interest free loan to build the new stadium

All very true, but have you checked out their dugouts?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Apparently the combined cost of sacking Allardyce and hiring Silva could stretch to £16M

13:57

THE £16M SACKING?

Sacking Sam Allardyce and appointing Marco Silva could end up costing Everton an eye-watering £16m.

Everton are yet to resolve their dispute with Watford over the alleged tapping up of Silva last year and Sky Sports News believes that settlement alone could cost Everton as much as £8m.

Added to that, paying up the 12 months left on Allardyce’s contract – plus a bonus for keeping Everton in the Premier League – will cost the club around £6m.

Finally, the contract settlements for Allardyce’s backroom staff including Sammy Lee, Craig Shakespeare and Martyn Margetson is likely to cost a further £2m.

They've ditched their 'DoF' (steve walsh) as well, and replaced him with the bloke from PSV.

I'm pretty sure they paid a tidy sum to get Walsh from Everton last summer too. Depresses me how clubs nowdays have no real care for money.

They've ditched their 'DoF' (steve walsh) as well, and replaced him with the bloke from PSV.

I'm pretty sure they paid a tidy sum to get Walsh from Everton last summer too. Depresses me how clubs nowdays have no real care for money.

I always thought Walsh was a really good scout who got promoted to a role he wasn't really suited for.

Not to mention the Puel and Clown payoffs. And also throw in £10m or more lost position money from our appalling season.

If I were Gao I'd sack Bunsen and Beaker for £40m in lost revenue.