Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Ridiculous move for him if true, more than good enough for the Premier League, get in their Nigel!

Wouldn't be surprised if QPR are paying him a top earner at the club wage, opposed to a within a budget wage everyone else would have been offering (his agent is his dad who I think is similar to Chamberlain's but pushier).

Lots of potential but wouldn't be worth breaking the budget for a player who isn't at that level yet just to have him ahead of the competition.

Wouldn't be surprised if QPR are paying him a top earner at the club wage, opposed to a within a budget wage everyone else would have been offering (his agent is his dad who I think is similar to Chamberlain's but pushier).

Lots of potential but wouldn't be worth breaking the budget for a player who isn't at that level yet just to have him ahead of the competition.

You realise I meant Mackie to Blackburn rather than Hoillett to QPR right?

So, does this make Jamie Mackie surplus to requirements now perhaps?

No, Tony Fernandes has already come out and said hes going nowhere. Blackburn offered to double his wages too.

You can have SWP though!

So does anyone know much about Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik? According to the Sun we are monitoring the Cameron [sic] defender.

It first got rumoured in French press yesterday morning but he's apparently a big, strong, fast, agile CB so could be ideal for us. Only 22 as well. However, Spurs are rumoured to be looking at him and he prefers a move to Serie A after being linked with AC Milan so very unlikely I think but who knows?

Hoilett is a good signing. Let's not pretend he hasn't gone there for money though. No chance we could compete with that, or many other clubs. IMO he'd have done well at a whole host of clubs with better facilities, stadia etc. QPR are trying to rush some success with little groundwork. Might work, they have the finance but it's not the way I like to see things done as it's very shaky ground, falls apart easily and brings in primarily money focused players. But still a good signing.

how are they exactly..?

Hoilett is a good signing. Let's not pretend he hasn't gone there for money though. No chance we could compete with that, or many other clubs. IMO he'd have done well at a whole host of clubs with better facilities, stadia etc. QPR are trying to rush some success with little groundwork. Might work, they have the finance but it's not the way I like to see things done as it's very shaky ground, falls apart easily and brings in primarily money focused players. But still a good signing.

Surely it could be argued that they are just strengthening quickly in order to finish midtable and avoid a relegation scrap like last season. I think they're doing remarkably well and expect them to be fine right from the off.

how are they exactly..?

New training ground

New cat 1 academy

new scouting structure involving hundreds of scouts

new 45k stadium with roof to come

Everything has been sorted within 1 year of Fernandes arriving.

Saints are trying to do it the Norwich/Swansea way and I do think QPR got it wrong last season and Warnock splintered the squad by signing SWP and Barton. Im sure Saints fans want to sign big names but it causes problems signing someone on 2-3 times the other players wages especially if they arent actually that good. Saints will be ok if they go down, WHU will not if they are throwing £17m at players like Carroll.

New training ground

New cat 1 academy

new scouting structure involving hundreds of scouts

new 45k stadium with roof to come

Everything has been sorted within 1 year of Fernandes arriving.

- QPR didn't apply for category 1 status, I don't know why you think they are getting cat 1 status? They aren't and won't for at least 3 years.

- QPR haven't even decided on a site for a new stadium, let alone got planning permission.

- A 45k for QPR will be a white elephant.

- QPR's training ground is still in early stages.

Fernandes has a long way to go and certainly isn't "all sorted out within one year".

- QPR didn't apply for category 1 status, I don't know why you think they are getting cat 1 status? They aren't and won't for at least 3 years.

- QPR haven't even decided on a site for a new stadium, let alone got planning permission.

Fernandes has a long way to go and certainly isn't "all sorted out within one year".

serie_thwack.jpg

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2771616,00.html

- Cat 1 status confirmed.

- Thats why I said to come, the owner has confirmed it will happen

- Thats an idiotic thing to say, especially from someone who thinks saints need an eleventy gazillion seater ground.

- Training ground to open next year.

Im delighted with the progress and foundations being built seeing as out owner has not even been here a year.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2771616,00.html

- Cat 1 status confirmed.

- Thats an idiotic thing to say, especially from someone who thinks saints need an eleventy gazillion seater ground.

Im delighted with the progress and foundations being built seeing as out owner has not even been here a year.

serie_sock.jpg

That does not confirm category 1 status. Please show me something that confirms QPR actually have cat 1 status, not that they aim to get it one day.

It took Brighton 14 years to move to a new stadium. Numerous other teams have had long delays in moving stadiums. Don't take it as a gurantee it will happen soon. It may, it may not.

Not at all, Southampton have already shown in recent years they can sustain 30k+ crowds in the top flight. QPR have not. In fact you don't need to go back many years to see them average circa 10k in the 2nd tier.

Has that been confirmed? You were wrong on the academy status, maybe you are here as well.

That does not confirm category 1 status. Please show me something that confirms QPR actually have cat 1 status, not that they aim to get it one day.

It took Brighton 14 years to move to a new stadium. Numerous other teams have had long delays in moving stadiums. Don't take it as a gurantee it will happen soon. It may, it may not.

Not at all, Southampton have already shown in recent years they can sustain 30k+ crowds in the top flight. QPR have not. In fact you don't need to go back many years to see them average circa 10k in the 2nd tier.

Has that been confirmed? You were wrong on the academy status, maybe you are here as well.

I would stay and debate this but I have to go and watch some paint dry.

Piece in the Sunday People tomorrow about a potential signing written by Nixon.

He says he's not an exciting player and it's unlikely we'll get him but there is an interest.

That must have been an easy sell to his editor.