West Brom Sack Chairman & CEO

Gorgiesaint

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43047113

So West Brom's owner takes some decisive action given the position they find themselves in. And that's having already changed their manager.

Our incumbants have taken no action so far....

Whilst I can understand why we might feel that this is a decisive move from them, I am struggling to see what a new senior management team can bring to a team that can't now buy any players, and have already sacked their manager.

Perhaps they are looking for a Player Chairman?

I think if Gao is going to do anything like this it will be in May.

Whilst I can understand why we might feel that this is a decisive move from them, I am struggling to see what a new senior management team can bring to a team that can't now buy any players, and have already sacked their manager.

Perhaps they are looking for a Player Chairman?

I think if Gao is going to do anything like this it will be in May.

It’s nothing to do with buying more players though. It’s managing what we have and that is a basically a shambles.

The whole manage structure is a complete inconompetent mess.

It’s nothing to do with buying more players though. It’s managing what we have and that is a basically a shambles.

The whole manage structure is a complete inconompetent mess.

I understand that, but doing this in February seems to serve no purpose. If you cant sack another manager, or replace the players, what difference does a new chairman make. The fans don't get excited by it, it doesn't change the playing style, the players don't care, but I expect the owner feels better for it. I would love our lot gone, but I don't see that doing it now would make any difference unless it allows them to change managers or players. And in our situation, if Gao knew anything about football he would have sacked the manager already.

I understand that, but doing this in February seems to serve no purpose. If you cant sack another manager, or replace the players, what difference does a new chairman make. The fans don't get excited by it, it doesn't change the playing style, the players don't care, but I expect the owner feels better for it. I would love our lot gone, but I don't see that doing it now would make any difference unless it allows them to change managers or players. And in our situation, if Gao knew anything about football he would have sacked the manager already.

As you say they don't affect the team so timing is irrelevant. If they have not done the job to the owners satisfaction, why would he wait to sack them? I don't think this is trying to save them from relegation it's "you have not performed..you are out"

As you say they don't affect the team so timing is irrelevant. If they have not done the job to the owners satisfaction, why would he wait to sack them? I don't think this is trying to save them from relegation it's "you have not performed..you are out"

I think it's this bit from the new chairman (who it appears is also the old chairman) that makes you think they did it as a way if trying to save themselves from relegation

However, Jenkins had recently returned to the Hawthorns as a director of WBA Holdings, the club's controlling company, and is now back in his former role.

He said: "There is much to do but for now the focus must solely be on the remaining games of this season."

Kind of conjures up images of the chairman in a track suit giving a team talk....

Edited by doddisalegend

I think it's this bit from the new chairman ( who it appears is also the old chairman) that makes you think they did it as a way if trying to save themselves from relegation

However, Jenkins had recently returned to the Hawthorns as a director of WBA Holdings, the club's controlling company, and is now back in his former role.

He said: "There is much to do but for now the focus must solely be on the remaining games of this season."

Kind of conjures up images of the chairman in a track suit giving a team talk....

Perhaps he will start lunching with the first team?