Vitesse Build Up & Match Thread

fanimal

BT Sport it is on? Pleased I am.

Isn't that just group stages onwards?

The home leg of Saints’ UEFA Europa League third qualifying round clash with Vitesse will be broadcast live on BT Sport.

The kick-off time for the game, which takes place at St Mary’s on Thursday 30th July, has now been confirmed for 8.05pm BST. Coverage begins on BT Sport 1 at 7.45pm BST.

The second leg, played a week later at Vitesse’s GelreDome stadium, will kick off at 8pm local time (7pm BST). Any potential television coverage has yet to be confirmed.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150724-vitesse-europa-league-tv-coverage-kick-off-times-2569811.aspx

Stekelenburg

Cedric, Fonte, Yoshida, Targett

Wanyama, Clasie

Tadic, Mane, Rodriguez

Pelle

Aside from Targett I think that's a really strong lineup. Wouldn't surprise me if Rodriguez didn't start though. No need for a strong team to face Espanyol a few days later.

Stekelenburg

Cedric, Fonte, Yoshida, Targett

Wanyama, Clasie

Tadic, Mane, Rodriguez

Pelle

Aside from Targett I think that's a really strong lineup. Wouldn't surprise me if Rodriguez didn't start though. No need for a strong team to face Espanyol a few days later.

This team for me and tbf Target is coming on well I have no worries him playing I can't remember him really having a bad game last season?

Not very, we were only 6 years removed from the previous occurrence even then.

So when Gregory Vignal was our biggest signing and we were happy for a last minute equaliser at S****horpe, it was perfectly rational to think we would be in the Europa League a few years later? Doubt it.

So when Gregory Vignal was our biggest signing and we were happy for a last minute equaliser at S****horpe, it was perfectly rational to think we would be in the Europa League a few years later? Doubt it.

Anyone remember Vignals bullsh*t sending off V Wolves? Still annoys me now.

Was saying much the same to my 15 yr old son, on way back from St Mary's yesterday after buying him his new home shirt

When we were in administration and even later when Cortese came out and said that despite us starting the season on minus 10 points, that we'd be back in the premier league in 5 years, that in 2015 we'd have been in premier league again for 3 seasons, just about to start 4th and would also be in in Europa league, with a Wembley win along the way.

What an incredible journey from Tuesday nights in Hartlepool to Thursday nights in Arnhem, I've loved it all.

Was saying much the same to my 15 yr old son, on way back from St Mary's yesterday after buying him his new home shirt

When we were in administration and even later when Cortese came out and said that despite us starting the season on minus 10 points, that we'd be back in the premier league in 5 years, that in 2015 we'd have been in premier league again for 3 seasons, just about to start 4th and would also be in in Europa league, with a Wembley win along the way.

What an incredible journey from Tuesday nights in Hartlepool to Thursday nights in Arnhem, I've loved it all.

Nicely put oldsarum...if only the faint-of-heart on here could take it onboard.

Anyone remember Vignals bullsh*t sending off V Wolves? Still annoys me now.

Was that the spitting incident that never was, whilst he was taking a throw in? That was weird, almost as if the ref was hallucinating. Nobody else saw anything even on the replays.

Totally agree with the above. It has been an incredible journey and i have loved every minute of it. Being a Saints fan is just so completely different. 40 plus years i have followed Saints and i have loved the journey.

Hi there,

In case anyone has any questions regarding Arnhem, Vitesse or anything else about us. I registered to help you guys out a bit. Saw alot of wrong info and felt the need to register ^-^.

Kind regards,

Vitessefan

What was the wrong info??

But laughing aside, if he is being as big a w@nker as he has been in the past, does anyone have any inkling of his motivation? Or is it just that he's a real saddo with a fixation about foam hands?

Doesn't it sort of defeat the point if you have someone on ignore and then post about them all the time?

Just curious, Hypo. Are you a tag team? I've noticed your support for him before... I don't post about him all the time sweetheart, only when I suspect he is taking the ****. He may be bullying, I suspect he is. You're OK with that then, or can you confirm he isn't? I can always go and check, you know?

Looking on the ticket website this morning this game is now virtually sold out with just single tickets left in most blocks with the exception of the family centre which still has quite a lot of availability, I guess it is a late kick off and many are away on summer holidays. If you want to get a few tickets together will need to buy today in the chapel or get Saints Bar hospitality for £30 which is a good deal for a padded seat on half way line.

I read in The Pink at the weekend that Vitesse have 4 players on loan from Chelsea but not all are expected to feature with the oldest one being England U20 captain Lewis Baker, I'm sure if he does play Targett and Reed will know all about him. It sounds like Vitesse have lost a couple of their better players and haven't replaced them so far, will be interesting to hear Vitesse fans thoughts on that. They could be thinking the same about us and the loss of our record breaking back 5 though with Alderweireld, Clyne gone and Forster and Bertrand unavailable.